2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
kd should rest til fully healthy
just going to overcompensate on his other leg if he does

Is Nurkic out indefinitely for this series?

Seriously brings down the interest level of this series if Nurkic isn't going to play at all.

i remember seeing their trainer woman putting warm compress and massaging his calf on the bench. i called it then that he probs had some discomfort. This is fine. keep him out. let his legs get right. curry will curb stomp the blazers by his lonesome. He'll be the curry we've watched for the last month averaging 30 and 45% from 3 umvp byke.

No reason to play KD it's not necessary for the blazers could come back to hurt them later if he's not 100% like Curry coming back early last year. Klay had the warriors on his back with curry out last year no reason him and chef can't close them out without KD.

Trillsap bout to get choked out

"Just see where he's at now," Morris said, according to The Washington Post, in response to Millsap's comments after Game 1. "I guess if that's MMA, then what we do next might be double MMA."

Mike Conley also bought 500 tickets for fans to game three. Guys letting the racks fly.

20hooi1.jpg

Gordon doesn't deserve to be WPG anymore. Just Gordon.

damn how quickly the narratives change. just two weeks ago, it was black gordon hayward. now we treatin him like his name is just Twan

Gordon doesn't deserve to be WPG anymore. Just Gordon.

White Falcon?

harrison barnes didn't go 0/10 in the finals to be disrespected like this!

This wiz game bout to be lit with all this MMA talk

over/under on flagrant fouls?

Trillsap bout to get choked out

"Just see where he's at now," Morris said, according to The Washington Post, in response to Millsap's comments after Game 1. "I guess if that's MMA, then what we do next might be double MMA."

I love it. A team like Washington trying to reach another level needs a guy like Morris.

Not trying to make an excuse but i think Boston is emotionally rocked from Chyna's death and it's drained them from making fundamental basketball plays. I had Celtics in 5 but man, i am blown away. Boston needs to dig down and find something cause they are getting killed on the boards and second chance points.

I wonder if the entire Celtics roster are going to still travel with Isaiah Thomas to attend the funeral now that they're down 0-2.

Not trying to make an excuse but i think Boston is emotionally rocked from Chyna's death and it's drained them from making fundamental basketball plays. I had Celtics in 5 but man, i am blown away. Boston needs to dig down and find something cause they are getting killed on the boards and second chance points.
Don't do this. It's disrespectful. That team isn't as good as advertised. The end.

RE: Yesterday's Clippers' Luxury Tax Situation.

Guaranteed Salaries: $57,164,653 (if Paul Pierce  retires)

Notable Free-Agent Holds: Raymond Felton ($1,471,382); Blake Griffin  ($30,211,259); Luc Mbah a Moute ($2,992,776); Chris Paul ($34,303,241); J.J. Redick ($11,066,250); Marreese Speights ($2,540,346)

Notable Non-Guarantees: None

First-Round Pick Holds: None

All-Inclusive Total: $139,749,907

Projected Starting Cap Space:  -$38,749,907

Welcome to Salary-Cap Purgatory Tower, Floor No. 287. Population: Los Angeles Clippers.

Sitting nearly $20 million above the luxury-tax line doesn't imply an optimistic projection. But that's exactly what this is for the Clippers. Full-blown maxes for Blake Griffin and Chris Paul will cost slightly more than their cap holds, and J.J. Redick's sweet outside shooting should earn him a salary north of $11.1 million per year.

Sprinkle in luxury-tax penalties, and it's understandable if the Clippers think twice about keeping the band together. As USA Today's Sam Amick  wrote:

"The 31-year-old Paul and the 28-year-old Griffin will be seeking maximum-salary contracts, deals that would respectively start at approximately $35 million and $30 million annually. Redick, the 32-year-old who was recruited by Rivers not long after he arrived from the Boston Celtics in the summer of 2013, is sure to land a massive payday as well. Working projections peg the total at approximately $196 million in all, with $140 million in salaries and $56 million in luxury tax (and Redick, in that scenario, having a starting salary of approximately $18 million)."

So basically Clippers would be paying close to $200M, NOT to mention if they look to bring in new free agents. You still think Balmer is just A-OK with that when this core aren't better than the Warriors and Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom