2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Read this this morning, along with seemingly a billion other pieces from every columnist forecasting the end of this clipper era and the more and more I think about it, the more and more I just don't see it happening.

Per woj, the clips are committed to resigning Blake long term. Given his injury history, I doubt he'll pass up a max deal with LAC that could see him make what, over 50Ms more than what anyone else can offer?

Per other articles, it's kind of an open secret that CP isn't turning down his last big payday, that could net him over 70 MILLION DOLLARS more than what anyone else could.

So if those two stay, and DJ stays, that probably means Doc stays. Where is this end of an era coming from?

I mean it could happen, I don't know **** lol but it'd be really crazy to see a player turn down that much money in this climate given Blake's injury history and CP's age. Think a more likely scenario is JJ leaving elsewhere and the Clippers making a run at Melo or something.
Could any other team offer the possibility of a sign-and-trade for either of the two? I could see that being an option if a close-to-contending team is willing and able (Pelicans?)

If CP3 cares about his legacy (RINGZZZZ), he should try to go back to NO. Sign him, get ANYBODY who can shoot the three with regularity, and that team becomes an immediate contender. 

The bigger problem is that all these kids coming out of high school and college just expect a shoe deal without having proved nothing. Lavar has a point, but you can't talk all that crap when your son hasn't done a thing in the pros and got roasted in his last college game. Who would want to get behind that for a billi like he's asking for.

But if you think your product is that great, go to China, talk to Li Ning or Anta and make it happen. Those guys will take anyone.

Could any other team offer the possibility of a sign-and-trade for either of the two? I could see that being an option if a close-to-contending team is willing and able (Pelicans?)

If CP3 cares about his legacy (RINGZZZZ), he should try to go back to NO. Sign him, get ANYBODY who can shoot the three with regularity, and that team becomes an immediate contender. 
The pelicans aren't close to contending and I may be in the minority, but Boogie hasn't even played a playoff game yet. We should off of saying that the pelicans are close to contending.

If CP cares about "Rings" his options are extremely limited, and you'd be hard pressed to find a better situation for him than the LA Clippers. Houston or San Antonio maybe?

Again, not saying he can't go to the spurs or somewhere, but this is his last big payday and you can count on one hand the number of contenders with a serious void at PG.

Pritchard with Def ship PG before losing him in the Summer. That is how he is built.

Should be interesting with teams that inquire.

Pritchard with Def ship PG before losing him in the Summer. That is how he is built.

Should be interesting with teams that inquire.

He's going to get poo poo platter offers since PG has made it clear where he wants to be.

Not once did I say Lavar Ball = Kevin Plank.

Strawman City. I mentioned him simply because he's an example of someone who chanllenged giants and ended up at the table with them. You so stuck on Lavar that you're not seeing the root of this discussion

Except what Kevin did and what Lavar is trying to do aren't remotely close. Like I said. Kevin took out an ad for himself, with his money, and because of his investment in HIS PRODUCT he flourished. Lavar has no product, no means of production and is demanding a dollar amount for partnership in a business..... That has no value. The fact that you can't see the difference is baffling. If he really wanted to shake up the establishment he wouldn't be asking for a partner in the company that's established. There's a reason he went to those companies and is now looking into Chinese companies, but we can act like he's being genius

C-hcPNIVYAAB83B.jpg

Fr. What the hell is this overrated crybaby doing with a 34 PER anyway smh:smh:

You forgot dirty, doughy nut puncher but at least your finally seeing the light.

I'm readying the slander cannons for tonight. Jazz better not let me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom