2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it took 85 games to complain about ITs dribble :lol:

reg season gms
and i thought KD palm/carry was terrible
IT basically carrying his luggage with that :lol:

but that's the type of ball ya love to watch. guys dribbling and iso rather than great ball movement

Na that's not a carry, but it is as close as you can get to one. AI carried the ball more than anyone on some of his crossovers.

Your hand needs to be completely under the ball.

Last edited:
isn't it when the ball comes to a stop/resting position in you hands. doesn't matter where the hand is (over/under). you could be palming it with your hands over the ball and if it stops, it's a carry. not too many guys have big enough hands to just hold the ball like that when dribbling, but if the ball stops, it's a carry. that's what i was taught

Last edited:
It's not actually holding or palming the ball though. You can hard dribble normally and have the ball sort of spin under your hand while controlling it with your fingertips in a way.

Where I'm from and in high school or college when I played if your hand isn't actually under the ball then you're good.

Last edited:
It's not actually holding or palming the ball though. You can hard dribble normally and have the ball sort of spin under your hand while controlling it with your fingertips in a way.

Where I'm from and in high school or college when I played if your hand isn't actually under the ball then you're good.

nah, i'm calling that **** and stopping play in a pick up ball if guys do that :lol:
3secs as well :lol:
what ya playing? prison ball?

Last edited:
:rofl:. 3 secs in pick up ball. Around here were playin through that **** :lol:. If youre trolling youre doing it right :lol:

3 secs in a game of 21 with 8 players.

half court of full?

:rofl:. 3 secs in pick up ball. Around here were playin through that **** :lol:. If youre trolling youre doing it right :lol:

we out here playing fundamentally sound ball
not sure what kind of rules ya playing with

but seriously, if you are carrying/palming, i should at least be able to hand check on defense in return, right?

Last edited:
If theres one real basketball call that should be translated to pick up play its offensive foul. We call defensive foul all day long but let offensive fouls slide and lead to fights on the court.

Last edited:
Never called 3 secs in pick up lol

But I wish I could man. Lazy, weak / old ****** be abusing that ****. Be using that old man strength and be spending the entire damn possession in the paint.

always kinda fascinating to see how people play pick up ball. most of it just seems like common sense to me on how to call things. just play ball. it should never be too complicated.

Lol around my way dudes throw their off arm, hook you on a spin move, etc.

There's more respect on the court when a foul isn't called. It's a thin line though and once that gets crossed the game gets ugly.

I also play with dudes that only call foul when their team is down and it's a close *** game. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom