2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean the cavs won 52 games in the conference this year,were terrible down the stretch,

and it hasn't even mattered. Not even a little bit
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Is there any point in playing the regular season or first two rounds the next few years?

Cleveland/GS gonna be tossing the title back and forth :smh:.

I think the Washington/Boston game is gonna come down to who wants it more.

It is learned through wisdom and experience. It is earned through hard work and dedication to your craft. Most are born with it, some mature into it.

Too bad your Clippers haven't learned and earned.

Where was Michael Jordan's sense of urgency when his Bulls kept losing to the Celtics and Pistons in the late 80s? 

You ask about Steph's sense of urgency in Game 7 last year? Guess what Clipper, Lebron's sense of urgency was GREATER THAN Steph's. That's why Lebron was the GREATER one last year.

Don't be ignorant.

Point is....the greats have it. The mediocre ones (e.g., Blake, DeAndre) don't.
The point is, is that that **** is stupid
laugh.gif

So where was Lebron's sense of Urgency in the finals against Dallas? You mean to tell me that Lebron didn't have a sense of urgency against the warriors last year until he was down 3-1????
roll.gif

Where was Kobe's sense of urgency game 7 against Phx in 06? or in 04 against Detroit?

There's countless examples of all time greats coming up short. You don't have to attribute it to anything other than them not playing well. We don't need no romanticized explanation like his "sense of urgency" wasn't there.

So unless you actually believe something as stupid as sense of urgency, and believe that it can appear and dissapear in players shut it man you sound dumb af
roll.gif
Dude, you still don't get the bigger picture. Sense of urgency is just one of numerous intangibles that can play a factor in one player/team having a competitive edge over another. I never said it was the end all be all.

The POINT IS: you completely disregard intangibles as being a factor and you call it overrated, which is FALSE.

Look at the bigger picture.

Of course, all of these stars play with a certain amount of "urgency" in the playoffs. Some play with more urgency than others, and even so they could still lose if the rest of the team is not playing with that same sense or that same desire.

At the end of the day....INTANGIBLES MATTER as the game of sports is not just about individual skill and talent, which is what you make it out to be.

End of discussion. I'm done with you. 

As of today Clippers > Lakers

For a few years now actually

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out if The Rockets 3's this playoffs is due to defense or them just missing.

Regardless, when they don't make 3's they obviously are EXTREMELY vulnerable and those 3's probably aren't going to be as clean and efficient when Kawhi and Danny are defending James and keeping him off the line.

What happens when an avg 3 pt shooter like Harden can't get any clean looks and can't get to the line? The entire Rockets 'Offense' blows up. Can't wait to see what happens in game 4 later.

Last edited:
I mean it was mostly contested midrange jumpers for him in the fourth.

That's not going to work against a good team, especially a good team that's not going to put you on the line either.

Just a tough player to build an entire franchise around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom