2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol I never said it was the exact same scenario. Both incidences were unprecedented, and were viewed as b-made. Cavs won 66 games and been to a finals before bron left for Miami. Everybody were expecting bron to go to the finals to play kobe. So the narrative of the cavs didn't give bron enough or nobody were expecting the cavs to do anything is pointless. Plus, they were in the east.

You can't defend one action but attack the other.
I said I have a problem with neither of the two

Lol I never said it was the exact same scenario. Both incidences were unprecedented, and were viewed as b-made. Cavs won 66 games and been to a finals before bron left for Miami. Everybody were expecting bron to go to the finals to play kobe. So the narrative of the cavs didn't give bron enough or nobody were expecting the cavs to do anything is pointless. Plus, they were in the east.

You can't defend one action but attack the other.
I said I have a problem with neither of the two

Then my last sentence doesn't apply to you. It was meant for anyone who felt that way. In my experiences, a lot of people will attack Durant but defend Bron, which always confuses me.

While I absolutely hated Durant's decision, I understood it. He gets to play in a free flowing system with great teammates under a well run org in a big market. ****, you can't ask for much more.

Idk man, I would have rather stayed and built something of my own with Russ and them in OKC rather than run towards the quickest path to a ring (supposedly)

If KD wins 3 rings in GS, will his legacy be greater than if he had stayed in OKC and never won anything? Yes. Do I think it would mean more to win 3 in OKC, having to go through GS to get them? Absolutely

the same questions you could have asked lebron before he left cavs.

Cleveland never did and likely never was gonna give LeBron enough to win a championship.

KD was never gonna get over the gsw hump if he stayed in OKC. Lets be serious.

the cavs gave lebron enough to go to the finals & consistently win 60+ games.

OKC was up 3-1 to those 73-9 Warriors, and he was a reason they lost 4-3. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that

finally somebody else said it :lol: everytime a laker fan has an opinion somebody who does not agree with the opinion brings up that the person is a laker fan lol

Non-laker fans are getting their turn and they should enjoy it, because they know it won't be long too long til the Lakers top the billboard charts yet again.

If you mean finish with another top 5 pick, you are correct

Last edited:
Then my last sentence doesn't apply to you. It was meant for anyone who felt that way. In my experiences, a lot of people will attack Durant but defend Bron, which always confuses me.
it shouldn't confuse you, teaming up with superstars wasnt peoples issue with durant, players have always teamed up with other superstars. I think most people had a problem with him going to the team that beat him in the western conference finals, a series where his team had the lead.

spurs about to finish them boys anyway  
smokin.gif

Last edited:
OKC was up 3-1 to those 73-9 Warriors, and he was a reason they lost 4-3. Not sure what's so hard to understand about that

that he's a huge reason why the team had a 3-1 lead in the first place? that he was playing alongside a player who was equally responsible for the team blowing the lead? why is everybody keep ignoring that part? how terrible Russ was playing for those games. Russ's game is not conductive for winning at the biggest stage.

it shouldn't confuse you, teaming up with superstars wasnt peoples issue with durant, players have always teamed up with other superstars. I think most people had a problem with him going to the team that beat him in the western conference finals, a series where his team had the lead.

spurs about to finish them boys anyway  :smokin

first of all, the spurs suck & the gsw will go 16-0. second, i guess this is the point where we should agree to disagree.

Things that make you go hmmm...
ESPN and their fake journalism. Quoting this in percentages instead of absolute numbers because obviously the sample size discrepancy makes this irrelevant. "What are we missing here" as if it isn't blatantly obvious. How about the fact that you're comparing 9 games to 85?

This is mad stupid.

Last edited:
Regardless of the players on the court, I do not feel good about an entire series of Mike Brown vs Popovich.

Hopefully Kerr will be back

It's going to be an interesting series for sure.

For some weird reason I see the Spurs outplaying the Warriors and going through in 7 games.  I was more worried about Memphis and Houston tbh.

In any case, it feels like the Spurs have already experience multiple pressure scenarios in the past 2 series - injuries, defensive breakdowns, effort etc.. where as the Warriors have coasted.  This could work against them.

Anywho - will be a great series.. every non-Warriors fan, and any fan who's had their team knocked out will be rooting for the Spurs 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
And y'all act like okc front office didn't **** up repeatedly. They could've EASILY built a roster that could compete with anyone and they pissed it away
This.

Ever since they went to the finals.. they were just missing 1 or 2 role players to see them through.  Even when Harden left.

For me they've stayed the same since that finals appearance and that was what? 4-5 years ago?  

For that reason alone, I can't blame KD for jumping ship - but then I get angry because he went to a team with the highest fire power.

Would need Pau and David Lee to not pick up their options which isn't happening. Cause JJ wants 18MM
Yup.  Pau will opt in.. silly not to $14m.  

Lee

Dedmon

Simmons

Patty

Manu

Are all going to get $$$ thrown at them like strippers.  Except Manu, he's more of a fill-in if none come through.

If the Spurs manage to beat GSW and advance further, potentially they all may sacrifice some money to keep everyone on board and keep the project running. Although i'm not clued up on the ins and outs of the specific contract terms, loopholes or what not so technically it may not work?

With TP's injury one could hypothesise that this plays into Mills staying.  Murray ain't going anywhere.

LMA could also be traded.. who knows.

It's going to be an interesting series for sure.

For some weird reason I see the Spurs outplaying the Warriors and going through in 7 games.  I was more worried about Memphis and Houston tbh.

In any case, it feels like the Spurs have already experience multiple pressure scenarios in the past 2 series - injuries, defensive breakdowns, effort etc.. where as the Warriors have coasted.  This could work against them.

Anywho - will be a great series.. every non-Warriors fan, and any fan who's had their team knocked out will be rooting for the Spurs :pimp:

You were more worried about the Grizzlies and Rockets than the Warriors.......?

You were more worried about the Grizzlies and Rockets than the Warriors.......?
How you gonna get to the Warriors without getting past the Grizz... then the Rockets? Last 3 seasons the Spurs have struggled to get past round 2.

AFAIK anything can happen now

Last edited:
Can't believe basketball fans in here still doubt Pop and the Spurs...

This series going to 7. Pop ain't going out without a fight.

Can't trade LMA. He's our only big. Trading him won't get us a quality big back and we'd lose the trade for sure.

Dedmon and Simmons are likely not coming back.

I don't expect to see Patty back either.

Can't trade LMA. He's our only big. Trading him won't get us a quality big back and we'd lose the trade for sure.

Dedmon and Simmons are likely not coming back.

I don't expect to see Patty back either.

So the spurs are gonna lose 3 quality rotation players and Tony parker, get stuck with pau David lee and Lamarcus, won't have money to sign any free agents of note, all after getting sweeped by golden state?

Damn.

Last edited:
Going back to the Durant-OKC talk, if you re-listen to his first podcast interview with Bill Simmons you could tell he was frustrated with the supporting cast getting younger and younger, but OKC has to make those moves as a small market with two superstars in hand.

Dubs better not start off slow with this early start time.  This is going to be a good series.  Im ready to yell at my TV for breakfast.

Bron and kd did the same exact thing, took the easiest way out possible. If the Celtics somehow had the cap space and were friends with bron he maybe would've went there who knows, same way we assume okc would've beat the Cavs. But wait he would've been with 3 past prime stars and ball dominant Rondo so no. I was heated at first but now I'm like u know what, who cares? He stays in Cleveland and never wins we kill him for having no rings, he leaves and goes to the place that gives him the best we discredit the rings. Then let's be real, he ain't wanna play russy ball no more and I don't blame him :lol:. Dudes talking bout they would've respected him for going to Washington then the same dude's would've clowned him for not getting past the cavs. Taking the easy way out is taking the easy way out, dude's trying to dissect text messages and **** so they can hate on kd and still praise LeBron. If 1 is sucker **** the other is also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom