2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's good to be home.....

DHmJ5mrXkAA5JeJ.jpg

Been on/off NT for a while...been a doozy of a summer. Started a new job, had to get new certs, and am in the process of moving....sucks sucks sucks LOL...glad football is CLOSE to being back. Can't watch any of this preseason mess....well maybe game 3.

*IF TP can play a full 16, he'll be the 2nd best WR in the NFCE and top-5 overall in the league. Got A LOT of confidence in the dude.

That smores donut

Good lord

first time i tried the smores one from this spot but it definitely delivered :pimp:

Been on/off NT for a while...been a doozy of a summer. Started a new job, had to get new certs, and am in the process of moving....sucks sucks sucks LOL...glad football is CLOSE to being back. Can't watch any of this preseason mess....well maybe game 3.

sounds like lots of good happening in your life man, good stuff. moving always is a pain, but new job and qualifications is always :pimp:

Can someone help me understand what exactly is being said here..

So is he advocating that nothing should be done because that isn't the grand solution?

Might just be me, but this seems like a very simple start/step to what needs to be done.. shouldn't continue to have monuments or these other public things celebrating these individuals, that doesn't erase their names from the history books or forgive and forget their flaws

So is he advocating that nothing should be done because that isn't the grand solution?

Might just be me, but this seems like a very simple start/step to what needs to be done.. shouldn't continue to have monuments or these other public things celebrating these individuals, that doesn't erase their names from the history books or forgive and forget their flaws

If you ask me tear all them *****es down. As someone of African descent I would never advocate for the erasing, loss or burial of history since the same has been done to people that share my ancestry. Like you lost the war b. America might be the only place where the losers of a war have also enjoyed the spoils of war. Make a museum for that **** and call it a day.

Last edited:

Exactly

Same dumb **** ppl said about Kaep.."this doesnt change anything right now", racism will always exist"...so now ppl fighting against social injustices and racism gotta do it in a timely matter..because if not why bother? :lol: :smh:

And does anybody learn about these confederate ****s from books anymore? :lol:

They're really feeding him the ball. The run game finally had good spurts last night, but he'll win you money in PPR with how they're using him...Sammy checkdown with a running back who can catch? Yes, please.

They're really feeding him the ball. The run game finally had good spurts last night, but he'll win you money in PPR with how they're using him...Sammy checkdown with a running back who can catch? Yes, please.

I could see him having a bigger season than
CM

Cook and latavius will be a nice balance.. Bradford peaked last season but I think he'll be enough. Alex smith type of role.

Vikings should win their division this year.. Defense is one of the best in the league.

If Bradford peaked with that sh**** O-line last year then I'd love to see what he could do with a half decent one.

@Johnny_Cakes @hnl hi what do you guys know/think about this dude? Obi Melifonwu from Uconn.

apparently he's from my small *** town here in MA. the local paper did this story on him after he asked to check in with people from here.

Melifonwu looks at the NFL while remembering his roots
Grafton News | on August 17, 2017

By Steve Balestrieri
Grafton News Sports

30p1-600x443.jpg

Obi Melifonwu, right, with his agent Sean Stellato after signing his NFL contract with the Oakland Raiders. SUBMITTED PHOTO

OAKLAND, Calif. — It isn’t often that a guy who gets drafted in the early rounds by the NFL seeks out his small local newspaper to check-in. But again, not many guys are Obi Melifonwu.

Melifonwu was a standout high school athlete at Grafton, graduated from UConn and was a four-year starter for the Huskies before setting tongues wagging during the NFL Combine.

His performance there in Indianapolis blew everyone away, including Hall of Famer Deion Sanders who was practically giddy watching Melifonwu go thru his on-field drills. He signed with local agent Sean Stellato, a standout high school QB at Salem. Stellato also played college football and in the Arena League, so he has a unique perspective when dealing with players.

Oakland drafted Melifonwu in the 2nd round with the 56th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. He recently signed a 4-year, $4.5 million dollar contract with a $1.4 million dollar signing bonus. I asked Stellato who has numerous clients in the NFL (including three members of the Patriots) how difficult it was to negotiate with the Raiders. He said that it was a process but also an education for Obi.

“The negotiations with the Raiders were constant phone calls as well as numerous proposals between myself and the club,” Stellato said. “I was able to educate my client throughout the entire process, and he has a better understanding of the business side of the sport. My goal as an agent is to maximize the value of every of every contract I negotiate for a client.”

Stellato added, “Obi is very excited to kick off his career with the Raiders and bring value to the secondary and special teams unit. He feels blessed to be part of a first class organization.”

So, this young man is not only drafted by the NFL and has become a millionaire. He is also in the middle of his first NFL training camp. He told his agent that he wanted to reach out to his hometown, via The Grafton News and tell everyone how much he appreciates everything done for him in Grafton. That is the kind of young man he is.

GN: All of us here in Grafton are excited for you for the opportunity that you’re getting in the NFL, so first things first, How’s the training going so far?

Obi: Training camp is going well. I’m just enjoying getting to know and spend time with all of my teammates. I’m just taking everything a step at a time. And getting a feel for how life is in the NFL and learning as much as I can.

GN: One thing we always hear, especially from rookies is that the speed of the NFL takes getting used to. Are you experiencing that or are you adapting pretty well?

Obi: I think I’m adapting pretty well, but at the same time I’ve noticed that I’m playing with guys, some of whom have been in the league like 8,9,10 years. It is a lot quicker than college. And things are going much faster but I feel like I’m a guy that can learn and I’ll be able to adapt very quickly and get on pretty well.

GN: How difficult has it been learning the defensive playbook? Is the difference between UConn and the NFL a big learning curve for you?

Obi: It is a learning experience, [but] I think it’s mostly the terminology. I think the scheme and everything … it is all about the same. Football is football, but the terminology is something…I’m getting used to.

GN: Back in the day, while you were here playing for Grafton High, did you ever see yourself … in your wildest dreams playing in the NFL and being a member of the Oakland Raiders?

Obi: (Laughs). That is a good question. I always could see myself playing in the NFL. Ever since I was 9-years-old, ever since I got my hands on a football I would always picture myself playing in the NFL. I did not expect myself to be playing for the Raiders. But I found out that I was on their radar [before the draft] and when I got the call, I was really excited about it. You know, the brand and how rich the culture is here. I’m just thrilled to be part of a great organization and I was definitely blessed with an opportunity.

GN: The Raiders made some nice strides a year ago, and obviously have a strong team, how has it been playing defense with your new teammates?

Obi: It’s been great. I think it is a team with a certain mentality. We are all about focusing on our jobs and everyone is focused on doing their jobs. As a collective unit I think we can get better. Like I said, I’m just focused on what I can do to help the team. I think that is a great mentality to have. And everyone is focused on the same goal — committed to excellence. We’re definitely in a good situation.

GN: What about upcoming games, including against the Patriots?

Obi: Honestly, I haven’t even thought about that yet, it is so far down the line right now. But all I can do is focus on today and honestly the game that is coming up this week, that is what I’m looking at, what do I have to do to get better today. That’s what I’m focused on and what’s on my radar.

GN: We know you are busy with training camp and we don’t want to keep you but is there anything you’d like to share with the people from Grafton about your experience so far?

Obi: Yes, and I don’t know when I’ll get a chance to come home anytime soon but I wanted to take this opportunity to tell everyone that Grafton is my hometown, I made a lot of friends there, and have made a lot of memories there. So many people there mean a lot to me: coach [Mike] Ross, coach [Chris] McMahon, coach McTaggart, [Grafton High] Principal [James Pignataro], a lot of this stuff wouldn’t be possible or me being here where I am without them.

To the people back at home … I just wanted to say thank you for all the love and support. And even though I’m living on the other coast now, it is someplace I’ll always remember. I wake up everyday knowing … whether I didn’t feel like getting up or didn’t feel like working out, that I have all these people back in Grafton that have supported me and I don’t want to let down my hometown. I just wanted to say thank you and for everyone to know that they are appreciated.

:nerd: "Perception of Boston slowly changing"

to be honest, i'm surprised the "free speech" rally is that small. not because of boston residents being racist, but i'm surprised more people didn't come in from outside the city. all those bumpkin *** townies to the west. at the same time, i'm not surprised the anti-racist rally was so big. not at all. the city itself and its residents are VERY WELL educated and liberal enough to not stand for the stupid ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom