2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RGIII was nowhere near as explosive on the field as MV7.
not many were.. but I'm just talking their running styles.. vick and young, you could easily see them translating to playing RB or returner if things didn't work out at QB.. they could legit make cuts and juke dudes

RG3 would be a kickoff returner and like a 3rd maybe 4th receiver, where you're only giving him a couple of routes

These runs...

(Can't find the panthers one I wanted to where he slid mid run,got back up before getting touched and continued on full speed)

I will never forget this game, we had a bookie come into the pizza shop I worked at (place was shady AF) and I bet the Falcons, a FG would have made it a push and Vick saved my day :pimp:

Last edited:
Vick ran a 4:33 at the combine. RG3 was a 4:41. That difference in speed doesn't alone prove he's the superior athlete. For example RG3 had a better vertical then Vick.

To say we'll NEVER see another athlete like Vick in this lifetime when a player who played in his own era is very comparable I don't agree with.

steve young or even young mcnabb are more similar to the type of runners vick was

I put Cunningham more in the cam, keep and rg3 group.. more linear guys

rg3 is not close to vick.

the only guy I can think of right now is lamar jackson. As far as explosiveness and speed

but his arm isn't comparable. 

Last edited:
if he can get in a offense kinda like tyrod taylor, yall don't think he can make it?

not saying dude will be the next big thing.. but at least be able to be a decent starter.. we've seen dude with popcorn arms hold down jobs before

rg3 is not close to vick.

the only guy I can think of right now is lamar jackson. As far as explosiveness and speed

but his arm isn't comparable. 

RG3 was explosive and fast. You said Jackson is comparable but he doesn't have the arm. RG3 has the arm along with the speed and explosiveness. So how is Jackson more comparable?

I'm not talking about the ability to cut and all that. I'm talking purely speed and arm strength. That combination RG3 is very comparable. That isn't up for debate.

Last edited:
Vick had elite speed but what really separated him was his agility and change of direction. Dude was the quickest AND fastest person on either team damn near everytime he played.

RG3 did not have the explosiveness that vick had bruh.

vick and lamar are shifty downhill runners.

RGIII has flatline speed, which is what's needed to be a good track sprinter.

RG3 was explosive and fast. You said Jackson is comparable but he doesn't have the arm. RG3 has the arm along with the speed and explosiveness. So how is Jackson more comparable?

I'm not talking about the ability to cut and all that. I'm talking purely speed and arm strength. That combination RG3 is very comparable. That isn't up for debate.

Vick had Farve arm strength.

Vick had elite speed but what really separated him was his agility and change of direction. Dude was the quickest AND fastest person on either team damn near everytime he played.
exactly.

that's not RGIII, he can not change directions, cut and juke without slowing down. Vick could.

tyrod is the most recent guy that reminds me of vick, running wise
Watching him at Tech I agree with this.

pey10.0.gif

I've been to Eagles training camps and Vick's arm was insane, he could flick his wrist and launch it like no other

Explosiveness to me means acceleration. RG3 had plenty of that his rookie season. Arm strength in the football sense of how I'm looking at it is the ease at which RG3 could throw the deep ball. He can do that easily. Flick of wrist type deep thrower. Farve wasn't a effortless deep ball thrower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom