2017 NFL off-season thread / We have moved threads, mod please lock!

Does NickFolarin want to be a Lion fan again?

• Yes, too bad he can't go back

• No, he will wear his Bortles jersey with pride (but really shame)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pimp.gif
"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that," said the veteran of 15 NFL seasons and two Super Bowls.

"It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly," Leavy said of the February 2006 game. "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better."

mean.gif

Ironically the NBA finals this same year was just as badly refereed.

Last edited:

Oh word? 

The same coach whose worst seasons were both 8-8?

The same coach who has 2 super bowl appearances, and a ring?

103-57 in 10 seasons? .644 win loss percentage?

5 divisional championships, in arguably the toughest division in football?

Clearly the term "fraud" is getting thrown around loosely, but everyone is entitled to their opinion bro.
Difference between Mike Tomlin and Marvin Lewis is a quarterback.
Not sure I really believe that but I like the way the hot take sounds.  Maybe I do
Haven't heard that take before.

But didn't Marvin have Hue "The QB whisperer" jackson as his assistant for some time?

and isn't andy still average?

let me be clear...overrated as an "elite" head coach

not saying he's a bad coach

Last edited:
Mike Tomlin needs to stop playing that sorry *** zone defense against NE. if he can just try to do something different, i'll give him his props. but you'd think after 10 years, he'd learn

man the entire "elite" narrative is stupid.
i can agree with that. just like the word "fraud", "elite" gets thrown around way too much
laugh.gif
fraud, elite, trash(and all its variations) etc. all thrown away way to much for them to mean anything on here
laugh.gif
 sometimes I think there is a secret requirement where people have to use one of those words on every page.

Last edited:

Only a Trump supporting Patriot fan would call Tomlin a fraud
mean.gif
he's overrated AF. even much of his own fanbase says so
laugh.gif
Most of the their fanbase is filled with morons. dmxfury and space not included.
The steelers fan base is a bunch of blue color, conservative, MAGA folks who would rather have a below average white coach than a very good black one.

The phrase within the black community "twice as hard just to get half" always comes to my mind when people talk badly about Tomlin. 

The man has got us to the pinnacle, twice. We are consistent week in and week out, and compete at a high level almost every single year. 

To want him fired or replaced, is completely asinine.

Last edited:

fraud, elite, trash(and all its variations) etc. all thrown away way to much for them to mean anything on here
laugh.gif
 sometimes I think there is a secret requirement where people have to use one of those words on every page.
It's just a function of it being impossible for sports fans to admit there are shades of gray.  i.e. everything is not black and white, great or terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom