2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

Hi everyone. I'm considering buying an elite vapor untouchable jersey but I need your help mainly on the sizing. I recently bought a Bucs limited color rush jersey from NFL Europe store to see how they fit. I'm 180cm tall and weigh about 80kg. I like jerseys to be really fitted so I thought I would be safe with a medium as people were saying these fit a little tighter. Well, it's not tight at all. Fits like baggy t-shirt. (See the pics) I'm returning the jersey of course. I don't know if small would be any better so really considering the elite now. However I would like to get the size right on the first try if I buy one. If you thought these jerseys were expensive, try to buy them from Europe with a 23% VAT added to the price! I see many people here have these new elites. Could you post pics of you wearing them so people could see how they fit (specially if you have smaller sizes)? What do you think would be my size in the elites, M (40) or L (44) maybe? Do you think going for the elite would be the best option or just trying the limited in small? The jersey I'm really after is a Raiders Carr jersey by the way. The Bucs jersey was bought to see the fit as it was available here in Europe.

I'm 5'10" (178 cm) 240 lbs (110 kg) and I wear a 48 in the Vapor Untouchable Elite. My jersey fits pretty roomy compared to a 48 in Mitchell and Ness NBA jerseys. The sleeves were high but more roomy than a typical t-shirt sleeve. Here is a photo of my jersey and how it fits me. Keep in ind, my sleeves in this photo were altered (1" taken out of the circumference).
image1 (7).JPG

Hi everyone. I'm considering buying an elite vapor untouchable jersey but I need your help mainly on the sizing. I recently bought a Bucs limited color rush jersey from NFL Europe store to see how they fit. I'm 180cm tall and weigh about 80kg. I like jerseys to be really fitted so I thought I would be safe with a medium as people were saying these fit a little tighter. Well, it's not tight at all. Fits like baggy t-shirt. (See the pics) I'm returning the jersey of course. I don't know if small would be any better so really considering the elite now. However I would like to get the size right on the first try if I buy one. If you thought these jerseys were expensive, try to buy them from Europe with a 23% VAT added to the price! I see many people here have these new elites. Could you post pics of you wearing them so people could see how they fit (specially if you have smaller sizes)? What do you think would be my size in the elites, M (40) or L (44) maybe? Do you think going for the elite would be the best option or just trying the limited in small? The jersey I'm really after is a Raiders Carr jersey by the way. The Bucs jersey was bought to see the fit as it was available here in Europe.

I'm about the same size as you and I wear a 40 (M) in the Elite jersey. I think skyizthalimit skyizthalimit and flyknitjb flyknitjb both wear 40 too, so you can check their pics if they have any of them wearing the jersey.

Here's the only one I have, it's an Elite 51, but I can't imagine the new ones being much different.

IMG_3437.jpg

It’s a football jersey, not a soccer jersey. Based on those pics the elite will fit the same if not more roomy as it’s more stuff. I don’t think you want the elite super fitted as it won’t be comfortable.

With that said, if you are ok with it fitting like a football jersey, the elite is the way to go for the raiders. You will be fine with a 40

It’s a football jersey, not a soccer jersey. Based on those pics the elite will fit the same if not more roomy as it’s more stuff. I don’t think you want the elite super fitted as it won’t be comfortable.

With that said, if you are ok with it fitting like a football jersey, the elite is the way to go for the raiders. You will be fine with a 40

I thought the elite would be a bit more fitted than the limited. I mean, they feature elastan in the material for stretch if I understood correctly. A bit surprising that the limited M and elite 40 would fit the same. The sleeves will of course make at least a some kind of difference. I might have to try the limited in S too but to be honest I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the limited, just basic dry-fit material all round.

I thought the elite would be a bit more fitted than the limited. I mean, they feature elastan in the material for stretch if I understood correctly. A bit surprising that the limited M and elite 40 would fit the same. The sleeves will of course make at least a some kind of difference. I might have to try the limited in S too but to be honest I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the limited, just basic dry-fit material all round.

It’s cut like a football jersey made for pads. It’s a boxy cropped cut. The material is nicer as is the twill. Can you post a picture of how you want it to fit? It will be difficult to get a soccer type of a fit if that’s what you prefer.

How are the vapor untouchable ($150 jersey) fitting now? The old $150 Nike jerseys were roomy but I'm hearing the 2017 vapor model is supposed to be more fitted. I'm a solid build so i don't need a super slim jersey for it to fit well but even at 6'1 220 the large in last years version fit huge and the medium was too small in the shoulders

It’s cut like a football jersey made for pads. It’s a boxy cropped cut. The material is nicer as is the twill. Can you post a picture of how you want it to fit? It will be difficult to get a soccer type of a fit if that’s what you prefer.

I thought these would be fitting somewhat in a hourglass type of shape. Like in the attached picture. Of course there's room for pads on the upper part but it seems that the jerseys fit really slim on the waist on the players. I guess I was expecting that and not just a straight boxed cut. Is the cut different on retail elites compared to the jerseys players wear?

Attachments

• 1111.png
    1111.png
    601.4 KB · Views: 14
I thought these would be fitting somewhat in a hourglass type of shape. Like in the attached picture. Of course there's room for pads on the upper part but it seems that the jerseys fit really slim on the waist on the players. I guess I was expecting that and not just a straight boxed cut. Is the cut different on retail elites compared to the jerseys players wear?

Yes don't go based of what the players wear. Retail Elites aren't truly what the players wear, materials are the same, for the most part. But are constructed a little stronger (as far as Elite 51s) not a expert of the vapors yet but I'm sure it applies the same. When Nike released Vapors they made the numbers and name plates on the back mirror what's on the field.

And each player has their jersey tailored and cut to how they want it and how it fits their body. So don't expect the fit of their jersey to be the same fit on you.

How are the vapor untouchable ($150 jersey) fitting now? The old $150 Nike jerseys were roomy but I'm hearing the 2017 vapor model is supposed to be more fitted. I'm a solid build so i don't need a super slim jersey for it to fit well but even at 6'1 220 the large in last years version fit huge and the medium was too small in the shoulders

Vapor model are more fitted, I would go with your true size

Yes don't go based of what the players wear. Retail Elites aren't truly what the players wear, materials are the same, for the most part. But are constructed a little stronger (as far as Elite 51s) not a expert of the vapors yet but I'm sure it applies the same. When Nike released Vapors they made the numbers and name plates on the back mirror what's on the field.

And each player has their jersey tailored and cut to how they want it and how it fits their body. So don't expect the fit of their jersey to be the same fit on you.

You guys who have these jerseys, is there any of that hourglass type curl on the body of the retail vapor elites or is it just plain straight? The product pics on the NFL shop site display that little curve where the cut is slimmer on chest and belly but becomes wider towards the hem. A bit like on that player pic I posted.

I have many soccer jerseys and it seems to be the same as football jerseys that authentic elite versions are available for retail but they differ from the ones the players wear (specially for Nike jerseys). A few years ago the retail authentic jerseys featured that slimmer cut but nowadays that feature is only on player issue jerseys. And yet prices have gone up. However in soccer they haven't gone so far that player jerseys would be tailored for each individual player. Then again the difference in body types of the players is not as varied as in football.

The fit of game issue jerseys and retail jerseys are not the same, at all. They're cut mad different.

People on here have posted game worn and issued jerseys, nothing like the retail cut.

Get the 40, it'll probably still be a little bigger than you want.

Last edited:

I think that Medium looks good, if you want a tighter fit. Honestly, any smaller and I think it would look too small.

Go with an elite 40. It's the smallest size the make. I think a 44 would be to big for your preference.

Tomorrow I should have a chance to try out the vapor limited in size S. Interesting to see if it will fit better than a medium. If it doesn't, I guess the only option would be to get the elite at some point. The elite would cost me around 425 usd in total. That's mad. I see a lot of people here are usually aware of those discounts the NFL shop has every now and then. How often do they roughly have discounts that are eligible for jerseys?

I think that Medium looks good, if you want a tighter fit. Honestly, any smaller and I think it would look too small.

Go with an elite 40. It's the smallest size the make. I think a 44 would be to big for your preference.

I'm not sure about your body type. are you athletic? I'm 5'10", 150 lb and have a runner's body. 38" chest and 30" waist. I bought a Vapor Untouchable Limited color rush jersey in small, and I could tell you it is fitted like a t-shirt. I also own both the Elite 51 and Vapor Untouchable Elite in size 40 (medium). In your case, I would stick with a Medium.

Legit check. I think it's real, probably got it from Ross or Marshalls but I want to check both of these.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 10
  • s-l1600-11.jpg
    s-l1600-11.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 10
  • s-l1600-10.jpg
    s-l1600-10.jpg
    237.7 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l1600-9.jpg
    s-l1600-9.jpg
    375.6 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600-8.jpg
    s-l1600-8.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 10
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 7
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 8
The second one I'm looking at. Thanks guys

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600-2.jpg
    s-l1600-2.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600-3.jpg
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 9
  • s-l1600-4.jpg
    s-l1600-4.jpg
    476.7 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1600-5.jpg
    s-l1600-5.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 5
  • s-l1600-6.jpg
    s-l1600-6.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 6
  • s-l1600-7.jpg
    s-l1600-7.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 9
Got a chance to try on the limited vapor jersey in size S now. Attached some pics. Much better fit for me than the medium. Now I'm wondering whether to get the limited in size S or elite in size 40. I guess it depends on whether I could get an even better fit with the elite. If the elite 40 is not (much) bigger than the limited S, I think it might be worth to buy. Those shorter sleeves on the elite look cooler too. It would be nice to have the elite in size 40 and limited in size S in the same picture for size comparison.

Attachments

• IMG_4745.jpg
    IMG_4745.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_4747.jpg
    IMG_4747.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 51
I'm not sure about your body type. are you athletic? I'm 5'10", 150 lb and have a runner's body. 38" chest and 30" waist. I bought a Vapor Untouchable Limited color rush jersey in small, and I could tell you it is fitted like a t-shirt. I also own both the Elite 51 and Vapor Untouchable Elite in size 40 (medium). In your case, I would stick with a Medium.

Could you post a pic of your size s limited and size 40 vapor elite where the smaller of the two is on top of the other? So we could see how these compare in size.

Back
Top Bottom