2017 NIKE NFL Apparel, Footwear & Jerseys

Interesting....

Yeah, I've noticed stitching is usually nice and wide on gamers. Haven't heard of the grid pattern. Pics?

nice pick up. if you don't mind me asking, how much did this jersey cost you? I'm asking because it's my 1st time bidding on some gamers, and curious to see how much.
My winning bid was $245 plus $20 shipping. It closed on a Sunday night and I got it yesterday. Call me crazy but I really did look at 400+ pages of the "recently closed" section to see what the market was like.

Basically "game worn" sells the highest. Decent to superstar caliber players can range from $400-$1200. They just had a game worn Cam newton and Earl Thomas jersey and those went for $1100. And they have a game used Carson Wentz jersey from this season 3 weeks ago that's currently going for $6500 :nerd:

You can get some game worn 2nd-3rd stringers for as low as $150-$200. They had some color rush Jags jerseys that went for the low back in August.

Your typical game issued/game cut jerseys range from about $180-$350. I missed out on this same Keenan Allen jersey in August that went for $200 flat. My step dad is a huge Chiefs fan and they are constantly throwing Justin Houston and Jamaal Charles gamers up for bid and I want to snag him one for Christmas. NFL auction is actually the best place for game used stuff cause eBay and Mei gray are wayyyyyyyyyyy over priced

hey ForNarnia ForNarnia thank you so much for the well thought response. I saw a few 2nd/3rd stringers, as well as, players who are no longer with team, etc., and some of these uniforms just grew on me. I'm not sure if it is buying on impulse or what not but these gamers have some special meaning.

Glad you brought up the recently closed link in the nfl auctions. i'm new to the site and must have missed that one.

Damn, that's a great price. I've looked at Giants players that aren't big names and they still go for $500-$800.

I'm just finding out about the Nike Vapor Untouchable Elite jerseys. Sorry if I'm late but can any clarify about those for me please? Are they now the standard authentic jerseys instead of the Nike Elite jerseys? All information is appreciated.

Interesting....

Yeah, I've noticed stitching is usually nice and wide on gamers. Haven't heard of the grid pattern. Pics?
Gamer on left retail on right.
If you look closely you can see the grid texture compared to the retail. You can definitely feel the difference by touching them. Here you can see the difference in stitching on the kiss cut borders

IMG_6758.JPG

A better look at the stitching on the shoulder numbers
IMG_6761.JPG

Now I know this has been proven since the first year of the Elite 51s, but I'm not sure if any other team has such drastic differences between the retail product and what's really worn on field as the Chargers. First off the bolts are completely different. Retails are skinny and sharp. While what's worn on field is a lot fuller and bulkier. And the camera doesn't pick this up but the yellows are not the same. Retail is a light yellow and gamer is more of a warmer, toasty yellow. And the numbers themselves on the retail are a slightly different shade from the gamers, but not by much
IMG_6759.JPG

Curious are these gamers Made in USA? I believe the Reebok ones were but not sure with the Nikes.

Lastly, is your retail Elite a customized one?

You'll find slight differences in the color shade, stitching width, etc. These are pretty minor in my opinion and I wouldn't fret about them if I were you (unless it's a totally different color like gold vs yellow).

The size of the bolts has been something lots of chargers jerseys (back to rebook) have had as issues. Definitely a disappointment. Overall the elite 51s Had a lot of noticeable differences from gamers. I feel they got the vapor elites right and much more like what players wear. Overall retail authentic and gamers will always have differences though.

The grid pattern you're referring to, are you talking about the texture of the twill under the seam?

Curious are these gamers Made in USA? I believe the Reebok ones were but not sure with the Nikes.

Lastly, is your retail Elite a customized one?
Yes gamers come from Wisconsin. I've read a article that interviewed a equipment manager talking about how a NFL team manages all the jerseys and gear the team uses and the logistics of everything. Whenever a player keeps jersey swapping or one of their jerseys is beyond repair, they request a new one that's made in Wisconsin. Now I don't remember if they're blanks and name/number is created by team in house or if it arrives ready to go. I read this article in like 2013-2014 I think.

And all my retail elites are pre-made. I can't do customs because fanatics don't do kiss cut numbers, they do heavy layered numbers

You'll find slight differences in the color shade, stitching width, etc. These are pretty minor in my opinion and I wouldn't fret about them if I were you (unless it's a totally different color like gold vs yellow).

The size of the bolts has been something lots of chargers jerseys (back to rebook) have had as issues. Definitely a disappointment. Overall the elite 51s Had a lot of noticeable differences from gamers. I feel they got the vapor elites right and much more like what players wear. Overall retail authentic and gamers will always have differences though.

The grid pattern you're referring to, are you talking about the texture of the twill under the seam?
Yeah another thing I noticed between the gamer and my retails is that the gamer is lighter. The non mesh parts seem to be thinner and more flexible compared to the retail. On the retails the polyester panels (or whatever that material is) is a lot more thicker and stiff.

I feel like the Reeboks got the bolts on the shoulders right. It is sharp and aestheticly correct. It wrapped even all the way around the shoulder as compared to the Elite 51s the bolt was prominent from the front side but looking at it from behind you only see the tip. I think Nike had a problem producing it and getting it correct.

The bolt you see now on the Vapor Elite is what it is supposed to be and almost exactly the same cut as it was on Reeboks. But unfortunately it's no longer stitched/embroidered and is heat pressed which is a shame. Don't know if it was the team or Nikes decisions but it's dumb. I don't like Nikes whole "lightweight" movement lately. That's probably why they did it. Although teams like the Patriots and Eagles still have their big logos on the shoulders stitched.

Don't like the Vapors honestly. I feel the material is too thin and flimsy and shoulder pads constantly pop out (look at avi pic). And I just like the 51 cut better

Last edited:
Very nice! Allen is my dude!

Happy he’s staying healthy, been meaning to buy his jersey all season.
Yeah I hope he stays healthy too. Can't wait for Mike Williams to settle in and learn the NFL game. Him and Keenan playing opposite of each other will be fun to watch.

Keenan having a low key nice year so far. Only 1 touchdown but he's 4th or 5th in receptions, and number 1 when it comes to catches on 3rd down

Quick question, So theres basically 3 different tier of jerseys correct? the $100 , the $150 limited and $325-350 elites correct which is the authentic? what the size difference between all 3? I'm 5'9 240. thanks!

Since I'm wearing my Denarius Moore jersey today, it got me thinking of obscure players who's jersey I'd rock. Do any of you have those?

I was a fan of Rod Streater when he played for the Raiders, so his Raiders jersey is the first one that came to mind for me.

Since I'm wearing my Denarius Moore jersey today, it got me thinking of obscure players who's jersey I'd rock. Do any of you have those?

I was a fan of Rod Streater when he played for the Raiders, so his Raiders jersey is the first one that came to mind for me.

I have a Raiders McFadden Elite that I got from fanatics for dirty cheap...does that count? lolz

I got Moore, Ford, dhb number 12, McClain authentic, Louis Murphy. Lol these see just some

I got Moore, Ford, dhb number 12, McClain authentic, Louis Murphy. Lol these see just some

Nice. I don't like McClain, but I rock with the rest of those dudes. I actually bought a Jamarcus back in like 08. At least it was on sale. :rofl:

Doing some closet organizing and thought I’d share my Nike Elite collection thus far. Thankfully I haven’t had to pay retail for any and most have been purchased heavily discounted. Got the Clay elite for a very very low price from Nike so not worried about it, but the material used on this elite is extremely different from the other which have all come from Packer Pro Shop or NFL.com.

908B9E06-2941-4336-B027-B01AE524F475.jpeg

I got about ten elites, all under $80 except one and that was $120. Patience and looking around is easy.

I'm a need you to get the navy one with the round yellow in the middle. I love that one. I almost got AR12 one but couldn't do it.

I got about ten elites, all under $80 except one and that was $120. Patience and looking around is easy.

I'm a need you to get the navy one with the round yellow in the middle. I love that one. I almost got AR12 one but couldn't do it.

I have a Ryan Grant one in that style but its Reebok so I didn’t post it. I think Fanatics still have an AR Nike one in that style, might pick it up if it’s still available during the next big sale.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom