2018/19 Philadelphia 76ers Thread: The Process Continues

it's so damn hard to like this team with the owner and management but then I see Kevin Hart, M Night, etc courtside and I love Brett Brown and the players :lol:

Sixers falling victim to a lot of touchy calls. Whiteside has no real game whatsoever. All his shots are just floaters he throws up that somehow bounce in

First time hearing the Derrick Coleman comparison for Okafor...spot on. :smh: :lol:

it's so damn hard to like this team with the owner and management but then I see Kevin Hart, M Night, etc courtside and I love Brett Brown and the players :lol:

Basically. The Colangelos, Harris & O'Neil can eat a ****

This I don't understand what so ever. Like how can you be this lazy? He does this all the time. There has to be something wrong with him... Right?

So glad we moved Noel.

mean.gif

Should have kept Noel.. and just keep calling magic to take ole boy

I'm usually not as hard on Oak as most sixers fans..but those plays tonight was inexcusable.And I know it's still early but Noel isn't looking that great for Dallas..He still have a lot of work to do on his game..and I'm starting to think throwing 20 million at him would have been a bad move going forward.

We traded Noel because he's a free agent this summer that would have cost us $20+ mill per year just as Embiid insurance when we have a guy in Richaun Holmes on an extremely cheap contract that does a lot of the same things just as good. I also believe the reason we're holding out Embiid for the rest of the year is so we can showcase Okafor as a starter to other teams the rest of the season to get his trade value up. If we played Embiid and kept Noel then we would have either sold Okafor for cheap or even if we kept him then he would have rode the bench and his value would be even worse.

I swear to god, we better be all in on winning as many games as possible starting next season though. This is the last season of this BS. I'm not trying to see Embiid and Simmons both on minute restrictions and both being held out of back to backs and missing games while they're completely healthy. Embiid is going to be up for a damn new contract in a year or two and we've only played the guy 30 times in 3 ******* seasons.

Last edited:
Embiid won't have it. I swear if they try and hold that man back he's going berserk. He's a competitor and after all he's been through I'm sure he's ready to stomp somebody out right now let alone next season.

I understand the patience though. Logically it makes sense. It's just a pain in the *** to wait even longer. Our team is playing at the highest level its played in about 5 years WITHOUT it's two best players. Saric is a stud, Embiid is going to be a top 5 player possibly top 3, Simmons is gonna run this offense so smoothly, RoCo is averaging 17 and 7 with 3, count them 3, steals over his last 10, and TJ is proving to be a capable back up.

Then we've got a treasure chest of top 10 picks in the next few years to add into the mix. Let everybody gel for a few years, bring in some vets through FA, you may not even need an All Star FA. By then, LeBron is out of his prime, possibly out of the league, and no one else in the east is locking the entire conference down the way he has so the way I see it, we're a top 3 team by 2020.

The future is so bright, but the process is aggravating as all hell. Tired of looking 3-4 years into the future. I want something right now.

Last edited:
That is exciting and the optimism is awesome. But it's all up to management to put it together and not mess up. Colangelo has one of the best jobs in the league and was put in such a favourable position but he has been getting a failing grade so far.

Noel's first start with the Mavs

two second round picks guys...

View media item 2356152

He looked good but Justin Anderson also outplayed Melo last night, hit basically the game winner and already looks like a fan favorite in the making at a position of need.

Only way we regret the Noel trade in the long run is if Embiid goes down again next year and shows we can't count on him for the future.

He looked good but Justin Anderson also outplayed Melo last night, hit basically the game winner and already looks like a fan favorite in the making at a position of need.

Only way we regret the Noel trade in the long run is if Embiid goes down again next year and shows we can't count on him for the future.

Sure, but you are looking at a guy who's ceiling is 8th man vs a potential DPOY/ Marcus Campy type of player (if Noel get's a jump shot)

I think the franchise already regretted the move before it was pulled out, or else BC would have been more honest in his press release instead of sugar coating it.

The only way we don't regret it is if we get trade those picks in a package with Jah to get a decent return or if we actually draft a steal (which no one can predict).

Back
Top Bottom