2018-2019 Washington Wizards Season Thread - FREEDOM!

Will this be the year that the Wizards finally win 50 games?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Who cares?

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm here for the Drama

Left_Right_Left.jpg

There are still 76 games left to go, which is either good news or bad news for this team, but the early indications aren't auspicious, to put it mildly.

After the last two blowout losses, the Wizards are now the worst defensive team in the entire league, giving up a staggering 125 points per game. They've been outrebounded by double digits in every single game thus far, which, I believe, is approaching a record.

And our salvation is a 32 year old Dwight Howard.

As we all know, this team eventually limped in to the playoffs last season after a 2-8 start. It is entirely possible that the Wizards will be 2-8 by election day this year, but I don't think anyone would use last season to inspire hope in the team's future. It's not going to happen. Hoping to squeak into the playoffs is a worthy goal for a young team finding its identity. This is not a young team anymore.

Even if the Wizards were "one player away," that "one player" would demand a max contract this team, through its incomprehensible cap management, could never afford.

Should we blow it up , or package some ish like Porter and a draft pick for Kevin Love

I say let the Tony Brown era begin immediately, but I am opposed to ANY further trades initiated by one Ernest Grunfeld - and doubly opposed to any team that would bring back a key component of the only team currently worse than the Washington Wizards.

Kevin Love just signed a HUGE extension with the Cavaliers (and thus isn't even eligible to be traded until January), which will pay him over $28 million per season through 2023 or the end of human civilization, whichever comes first. That is the LAST trade I would want the Wizards to make right now.

This team needs to take its medicine, KEEP its draft pick, and absolutely clean house this summer. The search for Grunfeld's replacement should already be underway, and that person should be given as much time as possible to build a legitimate, competitive, diverse, and innovative staff capable of building a worthy team from the ground up.

If you let the same people who got us into this quagmire try to save themselves, this is exactly what will happen:

Wiz just got too much money invested in a 2nd round ceiling...the worst part is its not even a "fun" 2nd round team, everything is a struggle with them :smh:

I thought of this

Then I remembered this

And it made me think of how impressed I was with the heart that Troy Brown played with last night, and how the “disease” is going to get him too.

This culture of mediocrity....

Ernie’s got to go man.:smh:

Update:

Last edited:
Fully ready to tank, this team won’t win 40 games this season so you gotta get the best draft pick possible. The flaws couldn’t be more obvious and the chemistry is never gonna develop.

as obnoxious as Stephen A Smith is, I see no lies in what he said. Brooks is clearly afraid of confrontation, in the past Otto was the clear weak link who should have been benched but this year it's clearly Markieff yet he does nothing

Back
Top Bottom