2018 Air Jordan 1 High OG Shadow

So that tiny savings the consumer gets is nothing to the profits these companies make.
he's talking strictly about them losing money on sales where a discount code is used.

it does all depend on the purchase price like he indicated before. that being said I doubt the majority of discount codes are being used on lower $ shoes under $200. I definitely try to save mine for more expensive pairs.

Anyone else receive their pre-order pair from Zadeh Kicks yet? I know they got their shipment in a few weeks ago, and was hoping to get my pair prior to release date.

he's talking strictly about them losing money on sales where a discount code is used.

it does all depend on the purchase price like he indicated before. that being said I doubt the majority of discount codes are being used on lower $ shoes under $200. I definitely try to save mine for more expensive pairs.

Yea I know what he meant, but even then the code really only saves you about 6/7 dollars because you have to pay for shipping (which is outrageous at $14). I use StockX only to sell shoes personally because I can click 2 buttons and a shoe is sold. For buying I use GOAT or local sellers. I trust GOAT more and I can sell used shoes on GOAT and then use those credits to buy shoes. And you save the payout fee on GOAT if you keep them as credits so that adds up after a while too.

To each his own, but both companies are making stupid easy money providing a service that we all do here on NT for free. They just happen to have an app for it, that's all.

ya'll suck at math :rofl:

Edit to explain:
You buy shoes for $230
Stockx charge you $13.95 for shipping
Stockx credits you $20 for the code
You send $223.95 to stockx
Stockx provide a shipping label to the seller for free
The Seller ships the shoes
Shoes are authenticated - "labor"
Shoes are shipped to you
Stockx takes out 3% for the processing fee AKA paypal or DD ($6.90)
Stockx takes out 9.5%-8.5% for their seller fee ($21.85-$19.55)
Stockx pays seller $201.25

Revenue
$223.95-$13.95-$6.90-$201.25=$1.85
This number is not taking in to account if you buy from a seller with a higher tier account with lower seller fees.

There are at least 4 hands of labor that touch each box that I know of.
-Initial sorter (takes boxes off pallet} ~$0.05
-Authenticator (They go through 1000+ packages a day so this takes roughly 2 minutes 11 seconds) ~$0.58
-Packager that works with authenticator (1 minute 30 seconds for push notification, packaging, and logging) ~$0.30
-Shipping sorter (puts packages on outgoing pallet) ~$0.06

Estimated totals of labor $0.99 per package not including any other labor including customer service, executives, marketing, etc.

Profit:
$1.85-$0.99=$.86

This is not including rent and utilities of the location.

So with all the additional costs that aren't directly affecting the packages you have to think that is near or more than $0.86 per package. Their goal with the code is to take a possible L with the hopes of future purchases from that customer, but when people make new accounts and find loopholes the code isn't sustainable in the long run.

Also to think about basically any purchase under $230 they will legit just lose money period before labor and other costs.
A little narrow minded. Have to think of he bigger picture.

Back
Top Bottom