2018 Air Jordan 1 High OG Shadow

Dam I’ve been on a really bad losing streak on foot apps lately. Got 15 plat/golf accounts and struck out on gold toes, bred toes, and game royals. Feel like it’s not gonna change with these shadows.

Dam I’ve been on a really bad losing streak on foot apps lately. Got 15 plat/golf accounts and struck out on gold toes, bred toes, and game royals. Feel like it’s not gonna change with these shadows.
That’s crazy, yeah where you stay at man, damn lol.

Los Angeles.. been doing fine with creams, blue tint, belugas 2.0, and previous releases. But ever since gold toes came out it’s been all down hill for me

yea it’s the wild wild west these ways.. takes every trick in the book..

Upset-Michael-Jordan-Laughs-to-Himself.gif

How? Stockx is all commission based. All they care about is sellers making the sales.
ya'll suck at math :rofl:

Edit to explain:
You buy shoes for $230
Stockx charge you $13.95 for shipping
Stockx credits you $20 for the code
You send $223.95 to stockx
Stockx provide a shipping label to the seller for free
The Seller ships the shoes
Shoes are authenticated - "labor"
Shoes are shipped to you
Stockx takes out 3% for the processing fee AKA paypal or DD ($6.90)
Stockx takes out 9.5%-8.5% for their seller fee ($21.85-$19.55)
Stockx pays seller $201.25

Revenue
$223.95-$13.95-$6.90-$201.25=$1.85
This number is not taking in to account if you buy from a seller with a higher tier account with lower seller fees.

There are at least 4 hands of labor that touch each box that I know of.
-Initial sorter (takes boxes off pallet} ~$0.05
-Authenticator (They go through 1000+ packages a day so this takes roughly 2 minutes 11 seconds) ~$0.58
-Packager that works with authenticator (1 minute 30 seconds for push notification, packaging, and logging) ~$0.30
-Shipping sorter (puts packages on outgoing pallet) ~$0.06

Estimated totals of labor $0.99 per package not including any other labor including customer service, executives, marketing, etc.

Profit:
$1.85-$0.99=$.86

This is not including rent and utilities of the location.

So with all the additional costs that aren't directly affecting the packages you have to think that is near or more than $0.86 per package. Their goal with the code is to take a possible L with the hopes of future purchases from that customer, but when people make new accounts and find loopholes the code isn't sustainable in the long run.

Also to think about basically any purchase under $230 they will legit just lose money period before labor and other costs.

Last edited:
anyone know how to remove a shoe from your ftl app countdowns? accidentally selected a grade school shoe.

If they were losing money they wouldn’t be in business.

You act as if all they sell is $150 shoes

you do know.... if I use the code and pay 130 of a 150 shoe they are covering the difference of the 20 to the seller.... hence losing money right?
ya'll suck at math :rofl:

Edit to explain:
You buy shoes for $230
Stockx charge you $13.95 for shipping
Stockx credits you $20 for the code
You send $223.95 to stockx
Stockx provide a shipping label to the seller for free
The Seller ships the shoes
Shoes are authenticated - "labor"
Shoes are shipped to you
Stockx takes out 3% for the processing fee AKA paypal or DD ($6.90)
Stockx takes out 9.5%-8.5% for their seller fee ($21.85-$19.55)
Stockx pays seller $201.25

Revenue
$223.95-$13.95-$6.90-$201.25=$1.85
This number is not taking in to account if you buy from a seller with a higher tier account with lower seller fees.

There are at least 4 hands of labor that touch each box that I know of.
-Initial sorter (takes boxes off pallet} ~$0.05
-Authenticator (They go through 1000+ packages a day so this takes roughly 2 minutes 11 seconds) ~$0.58
-Packager that works with authenticator (1 minute 30 seconds for push notification, packaging, and logging) ~$0.30
-Shipping sorter (puts packages on outgoing pallet) ~$0.06

Estimated totals of labor $0.99 per package not including any other labor including customer service, executives, marketing, etc.

Profit:
$1.85-$0.99=$.86

This is not including rent and utilities of the location.

So with all the additional costs that aren't directly affecting the packages you have to think that is near or more than $0.86 per package. Their goal with the code is to take a possible L with the hopes of future purchases from that customer, but when people make new accounts and find loopholes the code isn't sustainable in the long run.

Also to think about basically any purchase under $230 they will legit just lose money period before labor and other costs.

Some people are just not numbers guys smh and don’t realize they are covering the $20 from the payout to the seller hence losing money.

Anyway... Fingers crossed for a Nike reserve today. Though I'm not holding my breath because I got the access for the game royals.

you do know.... if I use the code and pay 130 of a 150 shoe they are covering the difference of the 20 to the seller.... hence losing money right?

Some people are just not numbers guys smh and don’t realize they are covering the $20 from the payout to the seller hence losing money.

Or I just don’t care or put a lot of thought into if stockx is making money or not

I gave you a like and kept it moving, before you broke it down.

Thanks for taking your time and explaining it, now I know :smokin

Is the countdown wrong or am I paranoid? Says 1 day and 9h when Today is the selection day. It’s my first time using the app
9BACF443-2493-4544-BAA3-37CA518563BC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom