2018 Air Jordan 1 High OG Shadow

I usually don't do the release date story thing but **** it I been hype for these for a long while.

Like a couple of others in here I actually bought 09s, even had doubles of them since I worked at FTA when they dropped and those things rotted on shelves. I wanna say I picked up both of my pairs for no more than 60 bucks each.

09s were great and they are actually the reason I fell in love with the shadow colorway. When the 13s dropped I skipped them because I still have a super crispy pair of 09s still sitting and I was kinda thirsty for the toros despite my love for AJ1s.

By 2014 I was kicking myself for passing on the 13s but there was no way in hell I was giving anybody 400+ for a shoe I paid 60 bucks for not too long ago.

From 14 to now I've actually been pining for a pair a shadows so much that I copped the Aleali's and even made a pair of custom shadow's out of the black ying yangs last year (unfortunately I went with a novice customizer and wasn't too pleased with my customs since homie couldn't get the wings right).

Fast forward to this year/ this week. My fam and I actually were in Thailand for the last 2 weeks. I copped my girl tickets around christmas time before we ever had a set date for the shadow drop. I knew it would be tricky trying to cop since I wouldn't make it back home until Wednesday and my local mom and pops require you to come in for raffle tickets. I actually reached out to a couple of homies and just asked if they could do me a favor. I'd say 3/5 was with it and I'm incredibly grateful to them for it. Even with 3 submissions on the local side and all the footapps/ raffles. I still came up with nothing but L's until around 6PM yesterday.

One of the homies I asked to hit a local didn't tell me but he entered the champs raffle for me as well since he knew I really wanted them. He hit me with the surprise text like "baby bro I got u", I was so happy I damn near felt like a kid on Christmas. I already had put in some orders with ATC services once the L's happened but I ended up only hitting on one of those. I felt like I should still get up this morning and try SNKRs, just in case everything else falls through. To my surprise (with the assistance of a bot). I finally ****ing hit on a pair on my own....

3 pairs total and I'm hype. Might be outta the snaker game for a while.
Where did u get your bot?

88D41FF2-6F3D-455A-8EBB-B468239B1682.jpeg
I ain’t wait this long to wait any longer.
Semi NT denim

None of this soft black leather bull****. Black leather still the same across all 3. Maybe a little softer on my breds from so much usage.

IMG_041418_001.jpg

But, I am bummed my shadows aren't as tumbled as my breds and royals. **** almost looks like 2013s.

- Self-proclaimed leather savant

Lmaoooo this took me out!
NIKETALK is THE ONLY PLACE to go if you’re looking for ANYTHING leather related. Afterall, 99.9% of folks are leather experts.

Need a couch? our Niketalk reps will find out if the leather is softer than a baby’s behind!
Your girl needs that new Gucci-NT advice is legit AF!
Your son needs a new baseball glove? Better consult the experts at NT.
We at NT have impeccable taste and a discerning eye for all things leather-trust us. WE KNOW. Leather.

Just walked out of Footaction Gulfgate with my size about 30 minutes ago. Check your local spots folks, FTL across the way had sz 13 & up

4uf1c0.jpg

DS size 12 2009's, 2013's, and 2018's. That 2009 leather though...sheesh.

2009 has the better grey imo.

2018s seem more like an earth tone grey imo.

Great collection tho. Mad I skipped 2013s still but my multiples of 2018s more than made up for it

AAD6A9C7-2AAE-41F0-8729-A49E2213AFCA.jpeg
D7EEF714-856C-4B23-B970-2A2CF2CF17CA.jpeg
image.jpg

I’m usually the last person to speak on QC issues but gahhhdam that’s a big mark on my pair. I’m mad it’s on my pair with the tumbled check too. Hoping my snkrs pair is tumbled as well so I can return the flawed pair smh.

Btw to me (I'm not an expert) the leather on these is absolutely amazing.

Last edited:
About 25 pairs in a FTA in my city inside a mall

Attachments

• 82828749-C4A5-4F97-B118-0934E2F541A5.jpeg
    82828749-C4A5-4F97-B118-0934E2F541A5.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 123
Really wanna double up on these. Not sure if to just give in on stockx for 220 or it’s not meant to be for me

These really are nice in terms of the leather. Idk if I'd say SBB nice but nice nonetheless. Seems like most got a pair which is good to see. GL to all those still on the hunt.

AAD6A9C7-2AAE-41F0-8729-A49E2213AFCA.jpeg
D7EEF714-856C-4B23-B970-2A2CF2CF17CA.jpeg
image.jpg

I’m usually the last person to speak on QC issues but gahhhdam that’s a big mark on my pair. I’m mad it’s on my pair with the tumbled check too. Hoping my snkrs pair is tumbled as well so I can return the flawed pair smh.

Btw to me (I'm not an expert) the leather on these is absolutely amazing.

That’s just from the other shoe making a imprint

We had that last year for the most part. Some people pissed and moaned about Jordan Brand being dead.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

When they give you what you ask for, people complain. When they don't, people still complain. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Back
Top Bottom