2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys. how is everyone doi..

giphy.gif

I cant help but wonder what this series would look like if kyrie was in. Honestly, I think they'd be doing worse. Kyrie holds the ball A LOT. Playing without him forced them to play high level TEAM ball which is why Tatum, Rozier, and Brown have really emerged. If kyrie was at the helm still, I dont think they would be at THIS level as a collective. They've really developed a nice system there. So now, when kyrie and hayward come back... I wonder what effect that will have on the system. The team has now proven they can do it without both of em. As an elite player (kyrie) that has to make you think... your team can do it without you, you gotta come back and make them THAT much better. I wonder if kyrie and hayward will come in and adjust, or come in and try to reshape the system

I cant help but wonder what this series would look like if kyrie was in. Honestly, I think they'd be doing worse. Kyrie holds the ball A LOT. Playing without him forced them to play high level TEAM ball which is why Tatum, Rozier, and Brown have really emerged. If kyrie was at the helm still, I dont think they would be at THIS level as a collective. They've really developed a nice system there. So now, when kyrie and hayward come back... I wonder what effect that will have on the system. The team has now proven they can do it without both of em. As an elite player (kyrie) that has to make you think... your team can do it without you, you gotta come back and make them THAT much better. I wonder if kyrie and hayward will come in and adjust, or come in and try to reshape the system

I mean, I have to believe Stevens was on board with bringing Kyrie to Boston. Him and Ainge are not stupid (annoying af, yes). They know how Kyrie plays and I’m sure they believe he fits in there. Same with Gordon. They just caught lightning in a bag with the 20 year olds ballin in the playoffs

I mean, I have to believe Stevens was on board with bringing Kyrie to Boston. Him and Ainge are not stupid (annoying af, yes). They know how Kyrie plays and I’m sure they believe he fits in there. Same with Gordon. They just caught lightning in a bag with the 20 year olds ballin in the playoffs

they brought kyrie there to lead the team and give them star power. they didnt think kyrie would go down right before playoffs and the team they already had would do it themselves though. so an adjustment has got to be made to account for the new development right? Surely you wont go back to kyrie isos at the 3pt line, when you see how well the "role players" are. This is just like with golden state when they found out how good Quinn Cooke is after steph went down. Once you realize your role players are potential stars, you GOTTA change the gameplan up. so even if kyrie fit in when he got there... its cuz he was doing what he was used to. once he went down and they adjusted the team to playing a higher level than when he was there (imo) kyrie is now out of place. kyrie cant come back eating up 16 seconds of shot clock anymore. i think its gonna be REALLY interesting to see the celtics dynamic after this run is over and both kyrie and hayward are back

If you REALLLLYYYYY think about it, Boston w (Kyrie) is kinda built like the Iverson sixers...kinda lol

Insert PG who can get buckets at any point (IT, Kyrie) and surround them with defenders and guys who can seemingly knock down an open shot. With Kyrie out, everyone else has stepped up

Ok, now ask yourself this.

Who was capable of stepping up on that Sixers team?

Eric Snow and Raja Bell?

I don't know, man.

That Sixers team was crap, they would have won like 8 games w/o AI.

Boston is a contender w/o Kyrie.

I'm not seeing this comparison, at all.
that 2001 team was not trash.
Dpoy , 6th man of the year. Good coach.mutombo outrebounded everybody by at least 60 rebounds in the offs or something silly like that iirc
Team was built on d but it's a huge misconception they were trash.

Iverson had gems like 5 of 27 , 8 of 27 , 10 of 32 in a few playoff wins.

that 2001 team was not trash.
Dpoy , 6th man of the year. Good coach.
Team was built on d but it's a huge misconception they were trash.

Iverson had gems like 5 of 27 , 8 of 27 , 10 of 32 in a few playoff wins.

If you're listing the worst teams to make The Finals, where would that 2001 Sixers team fall on the list?

I don't care about 6th Man of the Year or DPOY awards, the team wasn't that good.

AI literally carried the team on his 130 lb frame.

If you're listing the worst teams to make The Finals, where would that 2001 Sixers team fall on the list?

I don't care about 6th Man of the Year or DPOY awards, the team wasn't that good.
it was better then every team in the that west that year beside the Lakers. Only team that won a game against the Lakers.

Nets early 00s
Knicks 99
07 Cavs

I can think of quite a few teams that we're worse then that 01 team. Saying they would've won 8 games without a.i with some of those shooting performances in playoff games in which they won is downright laughable . A.i. was excellent that year but let's be real . Mutombo had some crazy stat lines in those playoffs.
They won because of they d. That d was excellent that year.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but the gap between the 07 Cavs and the 2001 Sixers isn't really all that significant to me.

It's widely accepted that the 07 Cavs team was trash but I'm supposed to believe the 01 Sixers weren't trash because they managed to win 1 game against LA?

Alright, I suppose you win.

What's next? Are you going to tell me that supporting cast was on Boston's level?

Yeah but that sixers team didn’t have nearly the playmakers/shotmakers of even this injured Boston team. With brown and Tatum especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom