2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn man, this was a special type of post right here.

Screenshot_20180521-182157_Chrome.jpg

He's great but he can be inconsistent. He can afford to have 8 pt games every now and then because he plays with Curry and Durant. I wouldn't want him to be my #1 guy where I have to rely on him to get me 25 every night. And like I've said with Durant, it's easy to play ultra-efficient basketball when you're not the primary guy opposing teams are game planning against they can never afford to double team you (pause)

All this right here. He's no doubt a great two-way player and an exceptional defensive player, but his offense looks incredible because he's the third option on a team with the two best shooters in the game. So he gets left open constantly and just runs off screens one on one all day long. If he was the number one guy his stats wouldn't look like they do.

I think Klay would have excellent stats as a #1 option. Would that team win? Probably not too much.

Ben Simmons top 10 in the league? LOL. That “expert” is a sicko lol. Ben is a Solid player but c’mon bruh. Top 10 in the WORLD???? Hahaha

I think Klay would have excellent stats as a #1 option. Would that team win? Probably not too much.

I call it the Kevin Love Theory. If Kevin Love is your best player, you're winning no more than 30 games. If Kevin Love is your second best player, you're probably a playoff team and if Kevin Love is your third best player you're a championship contender. If somehow he's your fourth best player your Far and Away the best team in the league.

I feel the same way about Klay Thompson. If he's your number one guy he's going to put up 25 points per game and you're going to be a perennial Lottery team.

not at all. hes reminds me of ray allen but ray ray didnt just shoot in his day. klay cant create for himself , cant dribble really. he'd be a jj reddick on steroids . he couldnt handle them first option problems
I meant in the hypothetical scenario where they build the offense around feeding him as many shots as possible. I think he could get a lot of points. I don’t think it would be winning ball though.

I don't think Colin's list is that far off, besides Ben Simmons. A few of the others can switch orders and it will look realistic.

I call it the Kevin Love Theory. If Kevin Love is your best player, you're winning no more than 30 games. If Kevin Love is your second best player, you're probably a playoff team and if Kevin Love is your third best player you're a championship contender. If somehow he's your fourth best player your Far and Away the best team in the league.

I feel the same way about Klay Thompson. If he's your number one guy he's going to put up 25 points per game and you're going to be a perennial Lottery team.
Not to nitpick, but the Wolves won 40 games in the 13-14 season with Love as their best player. I'd say somewhere around .500 is probably the ceiling for that kind of player.

going to miss the 2nd half of the game tonight. ill record it and watch it later if the score makes it look worthwhile.
like always , playing ball> watching it.

I don't think Klay could get to 25 a game as a number one. Not close. Even w/an ultimate green light where the team is feeding him shot after shot.

But so what, he's in a great situation and he's really really good.
What if Mike Dantoni was the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom