2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Chinese folks just discovered basketball?

In terms of popularity of sports here in the USA, during the Jordan years, NBA was the #1 sport here in America. Now, NBA basketball is behind both nfl and college football.
I never meant in the US. I meant around the world. I live in Canada.

The landscape in China has obviously changed post Yao Ming/Kobe. NBA even plays games there now. Don't be ignorant.

On top of all that look at all the international players in the league now.

They play regular season games in Europe b. Not exhibition.

Can't tell me viewship isn't higher now especially with streaming online

Law of averages. He’s due to hit 10+ 3s Saturday.

They're toast. Hamstrings aren't anything to **** with. Harden is going to look even worse without CP3 there to bail him out.

No surprise that it's on the same leg of the injured ankle. The body was overcompensating.

Felt like a gm 7 where both teams had
It really did man.
I expected Houston to be suspect closing, not GSW....but GSW bled, they're not a Machine.

Houston knows this and are going to SanFrancisco with the intention of ending Dubs season.
Dubs showed the FEAR.

This is only going to get worse moving forward. League won't ever make any changes to prevent injury frequency because it would effect their bottom line.
Not really, they made improvements by shortening the pre season and spacing out the schedule more. Less 3 in 4s and back to backs

Dubs are on the brink, but I wouldn't lower them in the grave just yet, especially with the uncertainty of CP3's injury.

One thing I do know is Harden better show the **** out in Game 6.

CP3 and Eric Gordon came through tonight, but Harden needs a MVP-esque performance in Oracle.

Reactions: HIM

ht9pdh6ifjn5oulkbdt7.jpg

Dont blame Cook doe

Reactions: HIM
Today's style is more grueling and taxing on the body. The pace of the game is so fast and guys are playing at such a high tempo with constant moving compared to a decade ago

I never meant in the US. I meant around the world. I live in Canada.

The landscape in China has obviously changed post Yao Ming/Kobe. NBA even plays games there now. Don't be ignorant.

On top of all that look at all the international players in the league now.

They play regular season games in Europe b. Not exhibition.

Can't tell me viewship isn't higher now especially with streaming online
Don't not make a distinction on what you were specifically meaning then call me ignorant. Be respectful.

You didn't say worldwide or in the U.S. Had you done so, you would have had a valid point.

Due to technology, viewership and popularity is up on everything from what they were in the 90s...so to compare the two is out of context.

Bottom line is, per capita, here in the US, the NBA was just as popular then (during the Jordan years) as it is now. Or, at least on par. That's all I'm saying.

They're toast. Hamstrings aren't anything to **** with. Harden is going to look even worse without CP3 there to bail him out.

No surprise that it's on the same leg of the injured ankle. The body was overcompensating.

Rockets won in Oracle during the season opener with a hobbled Chris Paul scoring only 4 points....

Don't not make a distinction on what you were specifically meaning then call me ignorant. Be respectful.

You didn't say worldwide or in the U.S. Had you done so, you would have had a valid point.

Due to technology, viewership and popularity is up on everything from what they were in the 90s...so to compare the two is out of context.

Bottom line is, per capita, here in the US, the NBA was just as popular then (during the Jordan years) as it is now. Or, at least on par. That's all I'm saying.
I didn't say you were ignorant in regards to the US vs Worldwide distinction. Just the you think they just discovered basketball in China comment. NBA has made obvious strides in that country of a billion people. Factor in Yao Ming, Kobe, and internet, as well as current and former NBA Players having stints in the China leagues. China is a huge market.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom