2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You drop prime Duncan's game in 2018 he isn't better than AD or Embiid. Still not a human alive that's ever been born since or before that matches up physically with Shaq.
See if you do THIS, I agree that TD's game isn't as "modern" as KG/Dirk.

But this is the issue with Cross Era/Rules/Play Style comparisons, do you

A. Take the player AS IS, and drop him into a foreign era (Unfair)

B. Conceptualize if he was born IN this era and how his game would have developed (Fair)

If TD was BORN in 1995, I see no reason to believe he wouldn't flourish as well as any of the Elite Bigs of Today

I get the logic but , nevermind. I get the logic/idea But I ASSUME, TD would adapt with the times.

I'm not assuming adaptation, just plopping them out of their era and into this one. Pop basically used LMA the same way offensively as he did TD, low post centric offense. Duncan is better defensively which I acknowledged.

I didn't say anything blasphemous he'd be top 5 at his position just not universally recognized as the best like he was in his era.

See this is what I mean. Another misleading chart. I just crunched some numbers in between meetings and they tell a much different story.

64BD9A36-5AF6-49B2-B457-A152591D8DED.png
I used eyetest, and your numbers look wrong8)

I'm not assuming adaptation, just plopping them out of their era and into this one. Pop basically used LMA the same way offensively as he did TD, low post centric offense. Duncan is better defensively which I acknowledged.

I didn't say anything blasphemous he'd be top 5 at his position just not universally recognized as the best like he was in his era.
You aren't assuming adaptation but you are using a hypothetical (assumption based thought process) to say what he would/wouldn't do.

Ok.

You aren't assuming adaptation but you are using a hypothetical (assumption based thought process) to say what he would/wouldn't do.

Ok.

Not doing this with you Jemele. It's like me saying AI and Kobe would be better cause their games as they were are more tailored to how wide open the court is now and more lax defensive impediment.

Not doing this with you Jemele. It's like me saying AI and Kobe would be better cause their games as they were are more tailored to how wide open the court is now and more lax defensive impediment.
Don't use the, "Not doing this with you" as a cop out to making a wild statement.

I am simply saying there is NO POINT of mentioning what TD would do TODAY, since he is not even of THIS era.

The POINT of the statement is to diminish TD, nothing further.

But you got it man

Let's be real: Kareem ain't built for Today's NBA. He's a skinny Embiid who can't shoot. His feet aren't quick enough to guard modern bigs and he'd be murdered in the PnR.

j/k

AI and Kobe would be BETTER??!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I mean don't get me wrong Kobe would still be great and I'm sure both would adapt to motion offenses to be effective but that statement is utterly absurd.

Jordan would be washed in today's game too. Elite athleticism but he's got no three point shot and has a score first mentality, limited playmaking ability. His 80s style would be inefficient in today's game and he'd just get alot of offensive fouls. He'd be a shorter Andrew Wiggins.

Just saw the schedule for tonight. Interested in seeing if OKC can validate their NBA TV spot like the Raptors have in years past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom