2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Lebron James is much, much bigger, better, and more efficient than Russell Westbrook.

He's also proven that his style of play leads to success. The icing of other teams, relegating other stars to spot up guys, him being high usage, at the end of the day he's been to the finals 7 straight seasons and has 3 chips to show for it. I don't think success is everything, but one has been successful, the other one hasn't.

So, again, why are we comparing the two? Of course teams are built in correspondence to LBJ's talents, he's Lebron James and proven.

They shouldn't ever be compared if we're being honest
Don't get why this is so difficult for people to understand.

But Lebron James is much, much bigger, better, and more efficient than Russell Westbrook.

He's also proven that his style of play leads to success. The icing of other teams, relegating other stars to spot up guys, him being high usage, at the end of the day he's been to the finals 7 straight seasons and has 3 chips to show for it. I don't think success is everything, but one has been successful, the other one hasn't.

So, again, why are we comparing the two? Of course teams are built in correspondence to LBJ's talents, he's Lebron James and proven.

They shouldn't ever be compared if we're being honest

I'm Not Comparing Lebron To Russell.... I'm Comparing the Styles Of play & the effect it has on Surrounding role players. Lebron has had Success, And What he's had while having that Success is Being in possession of another Elite Iso Scorer & AS caliber Big who could also get their own bucket... He's also had the luxury of Playing with ELITE three point shooters around him The entire time.

This Year he has no other Elite Iso Scorer next to him, The Shooting has been streaky.... & he has a real reliance on his role players, they haven't been able to get going consistently because they rarely get into a rhythm largely due to his ball dominance... And now because of this they are in real danger of going out in the First round.

Scary Hours are almost here For the Rest of The League... Steph Curry gotta drop from the Rafters like Sting

sting_rappel.gif

I'm Not Comparing Lebron To Russell.... I'm Comparing the Styles Of play & the effect it has on Surrounding role players. Lebron has had Success, And What he's had while having that Success is Being in possession of another Elite Iso Scorer & AS caliber Big who could also get their own bucket... He's also had the luxury of Playing with ELITE three point shooters around him The entire time.

This Year he has no other Elite Iso Scorer next to him, The Shooting has been streaky.... & he has a real reliance on his role players, they haven't been able to get going consistently because they rarely get into a rhythm largely due to his ball dominance... And now because of this they are in real danger of going out in the First round.
you can also make the argument that they won because of talent not style of play. With enough talent you can win playing pickup style ball. Russ went to a finals with kd and deep in the offs a few times.that wasn't because of style of play. That was talent.
Talent can Trump fit and styles of play.
Still no argument that for all the talented teams LeBron has been on , they should of won way more then he has.

Proven or not. The styles is similar.anyone not seeing that is in denial

You realize James Johnson, Justice Winslow and Josh Richardson are all much better defenders than Giannis, right?

Na. I’m not a believer in any analytic stat that shows they are also. Giannis height and length and speed is on every level better than those guys defensively

Bucks just need to keep forcing the Horford switch. They should take it tonight.

Warriors will get blitzed from the start and will have to fight their way back all game.

you can also make the argument that they won because of talent not style of play. With enough talent you can win playing pickup style ball. Russ went to a finals with kd and deep in the offs a few times.that wasn't because of style of play. That was talent.
Talent can Trump fit and styles of play.
Still no argument that for all the talented teams LeBron has been on , they should of won way more then he has.

Proven or not. The styles is similar.anyone not seeing that is in denial

this is all true as well. its the number 1 reason i was never on deck with coach spo even when the heats big 3 were together. anyone could clearly see we had no strategy, no real coaching. it was just flat out star power and talent leagues above everyone else carrying us through games. the same coaching issues spo had back then... he has today. he just doesnt have 4 HOFers to cover it up anymore. but you have to ask.... lebron has been the PG pretty much his entire career. a ball dominant pg at that... you HAVE to put some degree of blame to the lack of offense on his shoulders.

if im the PG... much less... a star PG... much less... the biggest star in the league... im telling the coach to change the offense IF I WANT TO. logically, he must be perfectly happy being ball dominant and reducing everyone else to spot up shooters. you have to put that on his shoulders after all this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom