2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Horford lips always look so glossy .

Brad is the new pop. Celtics are better then the sum of they parts. How they just plug people in and still compete doesn't make any sense.
I thought for sure sixers would run away with this, It hasn't even been a half so I might be jumping the gun but it's impressive so far

Y’all criticize a lot of folks in the league and I love him as much as everyone else in the thread but Embiid is a gunner, man. I feel like lots of time when he gets the ball, I think to myself “Welp. This possession is over”

I admit that Raptors fans are one of the biggest to say that there's an "agenda against the Raptors" and that the majority of calls will go the other way when all is said and done. I try to be neutral and like someone else just said...assume the officiating is fair and unbiased, but you also can't slaughter any fanbase or call people fake fans if they complain about officiating. It's just a part of the game because officiating is a part of the game. Yes, calls will be blown and sometimes very questionable calls will be made but that doesn't automatically mean the league is "rigged". You hear that a ton that there's an agenda to get rid of certain teams and the use of TV ratings and stuff is used to explain why certain teams get worse calls (this is hypothetical...not my own complaint). Raptors fans also complain about coverage on networks like ESPN, TNT, ABC etc. There's truth that the major networks never usually cover the Raptors games at all unless it's because it's the Cavs or someone like that they're playing (but that happens to most smaller market teams). Toronto isn't a small market at all though but it's a CANADIAN market so the rating system and overall viewing numbers are probably quite low in the States.

That's why I was saying before. Those who come in and all you can write is "Raptors choke in the Playoffs every year" or "Derozan and Lowry suck and are not superstars" just makes it clear that you never watch Raptors games. Yes. Derozan and Lowry are considered the Raptors "stars" but in arguments, most people bring up weak points and just bash those two. They don't even know who the other players on the team are whatsoever. I'm not saying they haven't been disappointing but the narrative is always the same. That's all the US networks barrage you with is those same stories. If the standard is being knocked out in the Playoffs by the better team...then a $hitload of teams would be "chokers". If you're a true fan...you should know mostly all players on all teams because your team has seen them before in the season and you should know how teams play and the players they have to utilize.
You wrote a lot.

So are you saying Cavs won't have an advantage in officiating or nah?

That non reviewed goaltending against Indiana is a prime example.

Y'all east coasters lucky af. It's about to be nine over there. Im going to miss the 2nd half cause going to the gym to play some pickup and when I get back game will be over.

I wish we had some late night games like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom