2018 NBA Playoffs Thread

Who will win The Finals

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.31.16 PM.png

feels pretty damn good in here to me :pimp:

@buc em out here in a Canada goose and 40 belows. Ain't no clothes coming off over the 76ers, family :rofl:

Man I don't even have hate in my heart for @buc em but this **** right here is funny

:lol:

it's never personal. always just for laughs

You can't be a legitimate star and not score.

y'all overhype Giannis too. Hes good, hes not great. Hes not a "star" in my eyes. hes an all star player but hes not in my top players. add a consistent jump shot then we can talk.

We already went over this not too long ago. If you've watched Giannis all year you'd notice his jumper is improving and has improved. It 100% still has a ways to go but it's good enough to be considered a star.

The thing is there is more talent in the league than there ever has been. There's more stars in the league. So on my list he's 6 or 7 in the league. I can't remember. He just averaged 27 (3rd in the league) 10 and 5. On 53% shooting behind only Bron and AD. With elite defense. If you look at that or just watch him, to say he's not a star is pretty absurd. If he's overhype'd then everyone is I guess.

Last edited:
In Most Cases i would just chalk this up to Inexperience & being a young team.... But HYPE

Hype told me that this team contained 2/15 best players in the league
Hype told me that this was a special young team, Thunder Like, Magic Like
Hype told me that Joel Embiid was an unstoppable force
Hype told me that Embiid was also the best big man in the league
Hype told me that this was an elite Offense

Truth told me that this team is getting wreked by Horford, A Rookie, a 4th Guard & 1/2 of Jalen Browns Hamstring............ MY GOD
era of forced greatness bro. they want it to be a certain way buts its not that way.

i bought the hype too.

Not like I was really expecting a title out of this team or anything. Was skeptical about a conference finals berth but believed it possible at least. Either way I underestimated Boston. Didn’t expect them to play well without kyrie. Thought Bucks would handle them but they shown more this series than I thought possible. Team is scary.

That being said I’m still liking our prospective chances in the future. Fultz has too much talent to not be a great player. Growing pains for Simmons and Embiid. Both frustrating with the turnovers. Simmons needs that jumper. It’s not just affecting how teams play him but also how he plays the game. He’s just not confident in himself. Embiid needs to chill on the forced shots in the post. He seems like he’s regressed down there.

Now at least I can watch these playoffs without a dog in the fight. Interested to see how much Houston and Boston can make GS/CLE sweat before their annual finals meet.

Embiid’s effort is piss poor...

This has to bother Philly fans right?
He’s looked terrible the past 2 games in particular

His post-game has resembled Dwight’s. He hasn’t been nearly efficient enough to justify the touches. Then defensively he’s been inconsistent.

Very disappointing from him. Not sure if it’s conditioning or what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom