**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

mzdc4ke0ttc61.jpg

That 81 pt game feels like just yesterday... hard to believe that it's been 15 years. I still remember watching the game on our gaming set up with the multiple TV screens that we had hooked up in the dorms. One of the TVs was hella old and we had a VCR going to tape the game :lol:

Thanks for the memories, Kobe.

That 81 pt game feels like just yesterday... hard to believe that it's been 15 years. I still remember watching the game on our gaming set up with the multiple TV screens that we had hooked up in the dorms. One of the TVs was hella old and we had a VCR going to tape the game :lol:

Thanks for the memories, Kobe.
I had to be on NT talking about the game.. :nthat:

Lakers are boring, too dominating.

Not complaining, this is how it should be.

Like my run as THE BEST PROMO ON NT.

I got this Lakers Kareem Abdul-Jabbar jersey in time for Christmas. I'm glad I finally got the yellow jersey because I got the purple one during last summer.
IMG_4881.JPG
IMG_4882.JPG
Fun story:

I have that jersey (I think I got it at Marshall YEARS AGO). Anyhow I was gonna go to the Long Beach summer league and was thinking about wearing it. Didn’t. Idiot.

I met AbdulJabbar that day. He signed my ticket. Coulda had him sign the jersey instead. (He was assistant coach is laker summer league team and I had access to players section of audience through a friend)

man I miss the Long Beach summer league. So easy to just walk up to players. I remember one year Mitch kupchak sat behind me. Jerry west was just hanging out in the general seating (sit anywhere you can) place too

Speaking of signatures, before the pandemic I would frequent meet and greets to get my Lakers jerseys signed. I pretty much have all of the Showtime Lakers jerseys signed except for Rambis. When the Lakers would have those Friday night live events, I would always inquire who would be the Laker Legend that night. The past couple years, Lakers PR only released that info the day of the event, which left little time for me to drive up to LA for a little roadtrip. Of course the one time they didn’t publicly announce who the Laker Legend would be showing up, happened to be Kurt Rambis. SMH. To this day, that is my one and only missing piece to my collection and chances of getting his signature on a jersey now is pretty much slim to none. Man I miss those days...

Speaking of signatures, before the pandemic I would frequent meet and greets to get my Lakers jerseys signed. I pretty much have all of the Showtime Lakers jerseys signed except for Rambis. When the Lakers would have those Friday night live events, I would always inquire who would be the Laker Legend that night. The past couple years, Lakers PR only released that info the day of the event, which left little time for me to drive up to LA for a little roadtrip. Of course the one time they didn’t publicly announce who the Laker Legend would be showing up, happened to be Kurt Rambis. SMH. To this day, that is my one and only missing piece to my collection and chances of getting his signature on a jersey now is pretty much slim to none. Man I miss those days...
I remember going to the Mid Summer Night Magic all star game at the Forum in the summertime during the early 90s and seeing Rambis practicing mid range jumpers from the baseline an hour before tip acting as if he was gonna hang with cats like Dominique, Malone, Barkley, Bird in an all star type of scrimmage game lol.

Long story short I got to see Jordan and Magic play on the same team and secured Kurt's autograph on a '90-91 Hoops basketball card with Kurt in a Suns uniform. Then like 10 years later I sold the card to a co-worker Suns fan for like $5 lol

Back
Top Bottom