2019-20 NFL thread: Thread's dead. Move into spacedoodoo's

WellinformedHardtofindErmine.gif

Ya beat me to it.

Interesting on Bowles tho :nerd:. I like him in Tampa Bay with Bruce. Dk about Chicago tho.

Large part of why this can work is the relationship between Bowles and Nagy.

Plus like I said this a top defense with 9 of 11 starters coming back and the remaining 9 all locked into contracts.

He does 2 years of being Bears DC at a high level and boom come 2021 hes getting a HC opportunity again.

"“Matt's dad was my high school defensive line coach from when I was at Elizabeth,” Bowles said. “I watched Matt grow up and go to Delaware and play football after that a little bit. We coached together in Philadelphia. So, I've known Matt pretty much his whole life. His dad is a heck of a guy and I've known him pretty much, it seems like forever. Outstanding coach, very intelligent.”

Seems like a natural fit.

This Bears reporter is literally the only person reporting this right now. He’d obviously be going into a great situation with the Bears but I don’t think he’d **** over a respected vet like Arians right after he took the job.

You were saying?

He legit just copied that dude’s story even down to the Nagy’s father story part of it :lol:

yeah the Nagy / Bowels relationship was first written about a few months ago when the Rumors of Vic getting HC opps this offseason started to bubble.

We'll see. It was reported Bowles and Nagy have spoken about this job already overnight yesterday.

I mean... Bowles never signed with TB.. So we'll see

I think Bowles ends up in TB but the Bears job is 10x better

It's an interesting argument. Would you say if Bowles ever wants HC-consideration again, would he be "safer" with the Bucs, or would he be taking a risk in ******* up the stout Bears D somehow?

yeah the Nagy / Bowels relationship was first written about a few months ago when the Rumors of Vic getting HC opps this offseason started to bubble.

We'll see. It was reported Bowles and Nagy have spoken about this job already overnight yesterday.

I mean... Bowles never signed with TB.. So we'll see

Bro none of the assistants have signed the piece of paper yet. Some of these head coaches haven’t even officially signed on the dotted line yet. Doesn’t make it anymore ****** up if a guy you coached under came out of retirement with a verbal agreement you’d be his DC only to sign with a different team the day before his press conference.

Bro none of the assistants have signed the piece of paper yet. Some of these head coaches haven’t even officially signed on the dotted line yet. Doesn’t make it anymore ****ed up if a guy you coached under came out of retirement with a verbal agreement you’d be his DC only to sign with a different team the day before his press conference.

Who knows. We're not in those conversations. Whose to say Bowles didn't warn Arians of this happening prior to signing?

Fangio wasn't being considered the favorite in Denver until last night AFTER the Arians news was official. If y'all friends, I'm a call my friend and keep it a buck "Look, this a better opportunity for me and I cannot pass this up. The Bears job is the one I had my sights set on and now it's a possibility it might open up."

If you call him as a man and keep it real, ain't nothing ****** up about it. He owes Arians nothing but respect and being upright from the jump. That's it.

The more I think about it, I think the Jets can't afford to hire Monken as OC over HC. He needs to get the head gig. I fear that if Rhule is the HC hire with Monken as his OC, there is the the risk of continued Monken-success and him bolting in 2-3 years time for a HC job elsewhere. That would be a third coordinator for Darnold in a short amount of time. Not ideal.

Dream scenario is Matt Rhule as HC, Todd Monken as OC and Gregg Williams as DC. Would love to see Monken add concepts of the Air Raid System for the Jets.

I know I'm crazy but I would love to see Rex Ryan come back as the DC. What a staff that would be.

Either way, none of this will work unless we get the offensive line to protect Sam. Loved what the Colts did for Andrew Luck. Protect the QB and he will be able to make the throws no matter who he is throwing to (helps to have great skilled players).

If we hire Monken as OC, he's likely gone next offseason.

Would be really fun, though.

Dream scenario is Matt Rhule as HC, Todd Monken as OC and Gregg Williams as DC. Would love to see Monken add concepts of the Air Raid System for the Jets.

I know I'm crazy but I would love to see Rex Ryan come back as the DC. What a staff that would be.

Either way, none of this will work unless we get the offensive line to protect Sam. Loved what the Colts did for Andrew Luck. Protect the QB and he will be able to make the throws no matter who he is throwing to (helps to have great skilled players).

Agreed on all counts, except for Rex. That ship has sailed.

Monken is interviewing with the Jags today for their OC job. Wouldn't shock me - and would disappoint me - if he ends up there on the basis that Marrone has a short leash.

This is what I'm saying. If he's a Jet, he's our head coach. I would 'sacrifice' losing out on Rhule if it meant Monken is HC w/ major input in the offense, and say Gregg Williams as DC.

Agree. Hoping it's Rhule or Monken as the HC. Would be extremely disappointed if it's Gase. But to be fair, Gase did seem to overachieve with his Dolphin teams.

I'm going to be pissed if we fired Todd Bowles to hire the white Todd Bowles

The more I think about it, I think the Jets can't afford to hire Monken as OC over HC. He needs to get the head gig. I fear that if Rhule is the HC hire with Monken as his OC, there is the the risk of continued Monken-success and him bolting in 2-3 years time for a HC job elsewhere. That would be a third coordinator for Darnold in a short amount of time. Not ideal.

Agree. Hoping it's Rhule or Monken as the HC. .

again, why is monken such a big thing to yall?

rhule i get.. but just based off of surface level stuff, i'm trying see why he's such a big thing

also, why is there zero talk about flip?

Back
Top Bottom