2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
air-jordan-6-infrared-1991-nba-finals.jpg

Last edited:
I said before JB isn’t gonna give us what we want on these. That’s why no real pictures have surfaced. The unknown builds hype and that’s the hand they’re playing. These will be 2014 with NA. Sad part is, I don’t own any Infrareds so I’ll buy regardless :smh:

Ok I get now. You don’t own the 2014s, so to you, in pictures, these just look like the 2014 lol. I see. If you had the 2014 you’d be able to see how these are different. Even just going off all the early pics.

I'm wondering how are these a disappointment? Everything looks improved over the 2014. If the tongue is taller and there is at least some sort heel contrast (waxed durabuck) then the retro will be great. Judging the 1991 version that has aged (which didn't originally look like that) to this 2019 version is not rational (how I feel).

Ok I get now. You don’t own the 2014s, so to you, in pictures, these just look like the 2014 lol. I see. If you had the 2014 you’d be able to see how these are different. Even just going off all the early pics.

Got em!!!!!! Lol ...... steel toe is the deal break for me. Just hoping for soft durabuck

I'm wondering how are these a disappointment? Everything looks improved over the 2014. If the tongue is taller and there is at least some sort heel contrast (waxed durabuck) then the retro will be great. Judging the 1991 version that has aged (which didn't originally look like that) to this 2019 version is not rational (how I feel).

Stop

It will be hilarious when we find out thats actually a 2014 pair and people been saying they see a difference. I see none. I sent the picture to my QLED TV, I viewed it in my MacBook Pro, and iPhone. I see no difference at all

Some of y’all are turning this thread into straight comedy. First it was excitement these were releasing. Then it was panic and paranoia if they’re even releasing. Then we get a supposed first look at these and now it’s I told y’all from the start we wouldn’t get what we want. Like damn, you went through the whole damn emotional spectrum lol.

Last edited:
Obviously that’s a real pair I don’t think there’s any reason to debate that.

Detailed pics coming tomorrow or Friday guaranteed. They probably sent these sets out to all “JB VIPs”.

My own personal reasoning for why these are a "disappointment" is that after the effort that was put into the '18 Concords its very clear that JB can create a retro close, if not nearly identical, to its original release counterpart in terms of aesthetics and build like the extra padding in the cordura mesh which makes the upper more comfortable as well as stand out a bit more. For these, if icyhot's pair is legit, JB chose to meet us halfway or at least 3/4 of the way there. BM5 durabuck? Check. Fixed infrared shade? Check. Reshaped toe box? Check. (Though the OG's aren't as slanted from photos I've seen) Improved comfort is highly likely as well but from an aesthetic point of view these are not as drastically different from the '14 release based on looks as some make it out to be. The only thing that will set them apart in terms of looks is the monotone upper material, infrared shade, and Nike Air on the back. I had hoped for something like this '00 pair but with an improved infrared shade least however I guess that was too much to ask. End of rant.
20190117_000102.jpg
air-jordan-vi-og-infrared-instyleshoes-4.jpg

On the surface in certain pictures they do look like 2014s (I even think I’ve said that regarding another super early pic way back in this thread). Not necessarily a bad thing IMO. ‘14s look good but they just feel bad and materials are off. The overall aesthetic is dope and has some OG aspects to it. Expecting them to come at least half correct on materials and comfort this time.

Got em!!!!!! Lol ...... steel toe is the deal break for me. Just hoping for soft durabuck

Wasn’t trying to “get em” bro :lol:. We’re all just talking shoes. I really want to try and understand everyone’s perspective as best I can, when I can. Anyway, I’m confident these will be that durabuck material that was on the metallic 5s and Aquas, which means no steel toe. That also means creases are coming back.

Last edited:
My own personal reasoning for why these are a "disappointment" is that after the effort that was put into the '18 Concords its very clear that JB can create a retro close, if not nearly identical, to its original release counterpart in terms of aesthetics and build like the extra padding in the cordura mesh which makes the upper more comfortable as well as stand out a bit more. For these, if icyhot's pair is legit, JB chose to meet us halfway or at least 3/4 of the way there. BM5 durabuck? Check. Fixed infrared shade? Check. Reshaped toe box? Check. (Though the OG's aren't as slanted from photos I've seen) Improved comfort is highly likely as well but from an aesthetic point of view these are not as drastically different from the '14 release based on looks as some make it out to be. The only thing that will set them apart in terms of looks is the monotone upper material, infrared shade, and Nike Air on the back. I had hoped for something like this '00 pair but with an improved infrared shade least however I guess that was too much to ask. End of rant.
20190117_000102.jpg

91’s just look too good. Even in that pic with the yellow soles and aging it’s so much sharper than the 2000 or any later retro.

20190117_000102.jpg

The photo is far away so you won't be able to see the heel detail. Also you just stated yourself that changes have been made from the 2014 version. Look at the pair from the link I posted you can barely see the heel contrast. That is most likely the pair that they modeled the 2019 after.

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.59.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.59.43 AM.png

The photo is far away so you won't be able to see the heel detail. Also you just stated yourself that changes have been made from the 2014 version. Look at the pair from the link I posted you can barely see the heel contrast. That is most likely the pair that they modeled the 2019 after.

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.59.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.59.43 AM.png
Yes changes have been made but the aesthetic changes are not as drastic as some make them out to be, based on what we have to go off of. And I don't know about you but even without my glasses on the contrast heel is noticeable in that photo due to the texture being smoother than the rest of the upper and reflecting light in a way that only material with a sheen on its surface can do. The contrast heel is visible on the 1991 pair both up close and from afar if the lighting is good.
air-jordan-6-OG-infrared_02.jpg
4121266955_562ef72d49.jpg
wvoh1subjgry3hwscktv.jpg
air-jordan-6-1991-nba-finals-auction-feb-27th.jpg

Yes changes have been made but the aesthetic changes are not as drastic as some make them out to be, based on what we have to go off of. And I don't know about you but even without my glasses on the contrast heel is noticeable in that photo due to the texture being smoother than the rest of the upper and reflecting light in a way that only material with a sheen on its surface can do. The contrast heel is visible on the 1991 pair both up close and from afar if the lighting is good.
air-jordan-6-OG-infrared_02.jpg
4121266955_562ef72d49.jpg
wvoh1subjgry3hwscktv.jpg
air-jordan-6-1991-nba-finals-auction-feb-27th.jpg

I'm talking about it being barely noticeable on the pair I posted, the pair they most likely used to create the 2019.

Back
Top Bottom