2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Never in my life have I heard of this as explanation for comfortability before:rofl:
Didn’t you have the shoe? That 2014 nubuck was so stiff the shoe could barely move. Material stiffness definitely effects how comfortable a shoe is. Why do think people called the 2014 “STEEL TOE”?

Sheesh, whoever said earlier in the thread that folks are combating everything was correct.

Last edited:
Didn’t you have the shoe? That 2014 nubuck was so stiff the shoe could barely move. Material stiffness definitely effects how comfortable a shoe is

Sheesh, whoever said earlier in the thread that folks are combating everything was correct.

Aren’t you used to it by now? Lol

Dude waits for u to post something just so he can disagree :rofl:

2rv1ck.jpg

I prefer the dull 3M on the infrared 6s. I feel like it takes away from the beauty of the shoe when it shines too bright. Where as the 5s look amazing with authentic bright 3M.

I agree 100%. This was ONE of my biggest gripes, of the 2014's. I intinally thought, the perforated holes were too big, but the 3M, was just way TOO bright.

Worked late. Tried 2 stay awake. Fell asleep 10min ago. Had a dream Nike sent me a notification. I clicked on it & it said Early Access. I clicked on that & it was for some 1980's tennis shoes :smh:. Nike can't even hook me up in my own dreams >D

You must've dreamed about those Habanero, Nike Blazers.

THOSE, are from the 1970's, but close enough.

:lol:

Can’t wait for someone to compare the new pair to the 2000 and 1991 color. Hard to tell which one it’ll lean towards.

I'm probably gonna get hella flack from this, but when it comes to retros, the 2014's "Infrared 23" shade, is the . Screw ALL thoughts, and opinions. The Infrared 23 shade, was the definition, of "POPPED"!!! I ABSOLUTELY loathe the nubuck, and they're uncomfortable, as ALL hell, but I'll be rockin' my 2014's, until they're beated, and I'll be keepin' my DS pair, too. For collection, and comparison purposes.

Didn’t you have the shoe? That 2014 nubuck was so stiff the shoe could barely move. Material stiffness definitely effects how comfortable a shoe is. Why do think people called the 2014 “STEEL TOE”?

The insole was paper thin and no cushioning. The toe was just hard and not malleable, the material was sub par but wearable.

With more and more pictures posted, the less I can see the heel contrast. I’m thinking all these pairs being posted aren’t all legit.
I'm just gonna double on these and use one as a test with either leather lotion or a wax on a small spot on the heel. I doubt polish would be necessary like on the altered varsity reds I posted due the material difference. Worst comes to worst it doesn't produce a similar look to this and can be scrubbed right off, or it can't be and I just sell them on goat for under retail and keep the untouched pair. I'm willing to take the risk because if it works I'd have a pair VERY similar to the '91s which is worth it imo regardless of what some may think. Only thing that'd be missing is the high tongue and heavily indented ankle pieces.
2cfr536.jpg

I'm just gonna double on these and use one as a test with either leather lotion or a wax on a small spot on the heel. I doubt polish would be necessary like on the altered varsity reds I posted due the material difference. Worst comes to worst it doesn't produce a similar look to this and can be scrubbed right off, or it can't be and I just sell them on goat for under retail and keep the untouched pair. I'm willing to take the risk because if it works I'd have a pair VERY similar to the '91s which is worth it imo regardless of what some may think. Only thing that'd be missing is the high tongue and indented ankle pieces.
2cfr536.jpg

That actually don’t look bad at all. I’m gonna double up and do the same, but not with paint of polish. Something less permanent

By this do you mean the insoles from Boost shoes or an actual insole made out of Boost?

AliExpress has a few sellers who have Boost insoles for sale. Sometimes referred to as Popcorn insoles. Made up of thin layer Boost beads. They fit TTS and I drop them into all my Jordan 1’s. Have a pair ready for the Infrareds. 5 pairs cost me £13. An absolute must for Jordans.

Until Nike releases official pics majority of the pics have the potential to be fakes, in my eyes anyway.

I agree 100%. I'm still praying, the retail versions, have the Jimmy Butler 6's shape.

Also, I have a question for you , sir. After you acquire the 2019's, are you going to take an updated pic, of the shot, that's in your avatar? You don't have to, or anything. It's just everytime, I see it, I just wonder if you're going to, or not.

The insole was paper thin and no cushioning. The toe was just hard and not malleable, the material was sub par but wearable.

Man, them ishs, were the definition of stiff. It was like before they attached the uppers, someone sprayed a entire bottle of starch, on it, or something. Seriously, you could walk, or run miles in them, and they wouldn't crease. Doing so, would cause capital murder, on your feet, tho. Even if, you put different insoles, in them, they STILL felt like, you were walking on cinder blocks.

I agree 100%. I'm still praying, the retail versions, have the Jimmy Butler 6's shape.

Also, I have a question for you , sir. After you acquire the 2019's, are you going to take an updated pic, of the shot, that's in your avatar? You don't have to, or anything. It's just everytime, I see it, I just wonder if you're going to, or not.

Man, them ishs, were the definition of stiff. It was like before they attached the uppers, someone sprayed a entire bottle of starch, on it, or something. Seriously, you could walk, or run miles in them, and they wouldn't crease. Doing so, would cause capital murder, on your feet, tho. Even if, you put different insoles, in them, they STILL felt like, you were walking on cinder blocks.
I've never seen so many oddly placed commas in such a short piece of text.

Yes because of the paper thin insoles and no cushioning (had basically cardboard underneath the insoles). The toe box on my 2017 6s are slightly (very slight) to my 2014 6s but my 2017 6s have better insoles and cushioning making them more comfortable. Also, the nubuck on the 2017 6s barely crease like the 2014 6s.

I'm just gonna double on these and use one as a test with either leather lotion or a wax on a small spot on the heel. I doubt polish would be necessary like on the altered varsity reds I posted due the material difference. Worst comes to worst it doesn't produce a similar look to this and can be scrubbed right off, or it can't be and I just sell them on goat for under retail and keep the untouched pair. I'm willing to take the risk because if it works I'd have a pair VERY similar to the '91s which is worth it imo regardless of what some may think. Only thing that'd be missing is the high tongue and heavily indented ankle pieces.
2cfr536.jpg
are you going to try to indent the ankle holes?

Back
Top Bottom