2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
They dont really cannibalize their weekend releases with a shock drop of a highly anticipated release do they? I always thought it was a weekday thing

Its kind of cool that Tinker elected to release basically the same design between the 7 and 6 but chose to make the emphasis of the new air jordan basically just a futuristic feeling/performance version of the prior one.

Like, the Air Jordan 6 was B.C.
and the Air Jordan 7 was A.D.

The 7 release was boring at the time from an outside perspective but when you put them on you probably understood what the big deal/change was.

I specifically remember in 8th grade when the 7 came out people talking about how comfortable that inner sleeve and huarache technology was. Eventually I experienced that when the charcoal came out.

To this day I have a hard time deciding between the 6 and 7 in terms of aesthetics but I’d probably go with the Infrareds just cause of the impact they had for me personally. I do like the 7 colorways more than most of the 6’s though.

If I was Jordan Id have just kept wearing the 7 until Tinker brought out the concords. Maybe the 8 made MJ think about retirement. Then he saw the 9 and was like nope.
8s felt good back then also. If Jordan didnt like the 9 he wouldnt have worn them in the movie. 10s are still a great basketball shoe as well.

Last edited:
I specifically remember in 8th grade when the 7 came out people talking about how comfortable that inner sleeve and huarache technology was. Eventually I experienced that when the charcoal came out.

To this day I have a hard time deciding between the 6 and 7 in terms of aesthetics but I’d probably go with the Infrareds just cause of the impact they had for me personally. I do like the 7 colorways more than most of the 6’s though.
6s were way more iconic no doubt.

8s felt good back then also. If Jordan didnt like the 9 he wouldnt have worn them in the movie.
He probably liked those sales more than the shoe itself. There was no other way to display the 9 on his feet in a game to the public, they had to do some marketing. No way in hell were they passing up a chance to put that year's air jordan in a Jordan movie.

He probably liked those sales more than the shoe itself. There was no other way to display the 9 on his feet in a game to the public, they had to do some marketing. No way in hell were they passing up a chance to put that year's air jordan in a Jordan movie.
They made the movie after the 95 playoffs. The 9 should have been forgotten about by then. The 10 and 11 was seen by everyone that cared at that point. The 9 was in the movie because MJ chose that. My belief. He wasnt trying to sell that model at that time. He simply liked it.

Air-Jordan-7-OG-Raptors-1992.jpg

Its a shame we prob have to wait until next year for this

They made the movie after the 95 playoffs. The 9 should have been forgotten about by then. The 10 and 11 was seen by everyone that cared at that point. The 9 was in the movie because MJ chose that. My belief. He wasnt trying to sell that model at that time. He simply liked it.
I don’t think tony likes 8-10

I don’t think tony likes 8-10
lol

I have a soft spot for shadow 10s and aquas. Im more into Jordans from a style/aesthetic perspective now. Those Jordans are real childish to me. The red button on the back of the 9, the wacky 23 on the strap of the 8s along with the 'air jordan', the cheesy accomplishments gimmick on the 10s. Tinker fell off after the 7 until the concords design wise, its like he went through a slump or something until he found some patent leather. Coincidentally, 7s and 11s are the best to play in

8s are my favorite. Like a couple 9s and the Shadow 10 is a Grail. Based on looks for me.
Talking about those 3, all OG models of the 8 and 9 are great. The Chicago 10 ties greatly to my dad,along with the aqua, which is a big deal.

lol

I have a soft spot for shadow 10s and aquas. Im more into Jordans from a style/aesthetic perspective now. Those Jordans are real childish to me. The red button on the back of the 9, the wacky 23 on the strap of the 8s along with the 'air jordan', the cheesy accomplishments gimmick on the 10s. Tinker fell off after the 7 until the concords design wise, its like he went through a slump or something until he found some patent leather.
Every thing you mentioned about aesthetics is the reason why the Fire Red 3-5, and Carmine 6 are always in last place to me. Too much red. The Carmine 6 looks like kid shoes to me, especially with the weirdly shaped 2014 retro.

Idk what it is about the Bordeaux 7 from 1992 and 2015, its just prime color blocking to me. The 7 is one of the best models, but they can’t design colorways right after Tinker and the Og team. The Aqua 8 is perfect to me, even the 2007. The 6 is a great silhouette, but honestly I don’t think Gentry and folks after Tinker and the OG design team ever knew how to design a good retro+ colorway. The best retro+ 6 end up being the ones inspired by the blk Infrared(dmp) and Carmine(Gatorade and Oreo).

Back
Top Bottom