2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I wanna buy aquas and shadows but I dont because I know Ill never really wear them. But something tells me I might if I had them to choose from. I dont know. I'll prob be in this limbo until the next retros of each

Every thing you mentioned is the reason why the Fire Red 3-5, and Carmine 6 are always in last place to me. Too much red. The Carmine 6 looks like kid shoes to me, especially with the weirdly shaped 2014 retro.
carmines make me think of ronald mcdonald on that bench in mcdonald land creepily waiting for kids to sit next to him.
Ronald.jpg

Because I go off looks primarily, I put the 4-8 silhouettes over the 1,3, and 11. The 3 especially. I know that’s blasphemy on here, but hey *kanye shrug*.

lol

I have a soft spot for shadow 10s and aquas. Im more into Jordans from a style/aesthetic perspective now. Those Jordans are real childish to me. The red button on the back of the 9, the wacky 23 on the strap of the 8s along with the 'air jordan', the cheesy accomplishments gimmick on the 10s. Tinker fell off after the 7 until the concords design wise, its like he went through a slump or something until he found some patent leather. Coincidentally, 7s and 11s are the best to play in
I will admit the 10 was pretty bland. But it still is a great ball shoe though. But the 8 and 9? You are missing out my man. They are great designs, the 8 being complex to the 9 being simple. They worked for me. Still, I get the distaste.

Talking about those 3, all OG models of the 8 and 9 are great. The Chicago 10 ties greatly to my dad,along with the aqua, which is a big deal.

That would be shadow 10s for me.

Best colorway of the 9 was the one you had to do yourself with the olives.
upload_2019-1-26_23-12-6.jpeg
I could probably rock these. That damned button though is so obnoxious.

the red liner on these makes them goofy trash to me
aaaN5XssXS8vvv_LRG.jpg

I will admit the 10 was pretty bland. But it still is a great ball shoe though. But the 8 and 9? You are missing out my man. They are great designs, the 8 being complex to the 9 being simple. They worked for me. Still, I get the distaste.
I had the cool gray 9s in 02 or whatever, never again.

I think the 8s are the only playing era Jordans ive never worn.

No wait, Ive never had 2s.

I had the cool gray 9s in 02 or whatever, never again.

I think the 8s are the only playing era Jordans ive never worn.

No wait, Ive never had 2s.
8s are not bad. But they will burn up your feet for sure. As far as foot sweating.

That would be shadow 10s for me.

Best colorway of the 9 was the one you had to do yourself with the olives.
upload_2019-1-26_23-12-6.jpeg
I could probably rock these. That damned button though is so obnoxious.

the red liner on these makes them goofy trash to me
aaaN5XssXS8vvv_LRG.jpg

I agree with you most of the time but not here. Charcoals are fat and away my fav 9’s, never liked the olives yuck. But I’m pretty partial to blk/red colorways.

Last edited:
You guys are crazy! The Carmines are sick.

c6880b0b97ef3e7bb4e6600969c226cb.jpg
Those are the best VI by far. Color blocking is absurd.

For me personally, the VI was the first really interesting looking Jordan model. And the Carmine color was the first one that truly popped and grabbed my attention as a viewer on the TV screen.

The others being, the 11, 12, and the 13.

Pretty much like everything 1-14, except the 2’s. I respect their legacy but just too boring of a shoe for me to ever want, let alone wear.
Both colorways are extremely bland and white. I keep thinking id cop a pair if they actually made them like they did in 1987 again but I probably would still pass lol

Here’s my take.

Jordan 1 was influential in its color blocking. Not a true sig.

Jordan 2 was trash. Almost caused Mike to leave Nike.

Enter Tinker ...

Jordan 3 ... IMO ... is only worth a damn due to the creation of the instantly iconic jumpman logo branding. As a shoe aesthetically? Overly simple. However awesome in that it’s the first mid top in the performance market.

Jordan 4 was derivative.

Jordan 5 was derivative. Bricks.

Jordan 6 iconic in it’s design, striking color, tongue, and what Mike himself finally accomplished in them.

Jordan 7 was influential in what it brought to the table performance, comfort and durability wise. Bringing huarache tech to the basketball game.

Enter Tinker’s dry spell ...

Jordan 8 while nostalgic for me, are bricks. Comfy bricks. And I’ve always considered straps to be stupid and beyond gimmicky. Don’t breath at all and gave Mike foot issues.

Jordan 9 looked like a hideous baseball cleat. Almost as if they knew far in advance Mike was leaving basketball design wise.

Jordan 10 while also nostalgic for me, particularly the Steels, is a phoned in and rather cheesy shoe. Particularly the sole.

Michael’s impending return to basketball along with hopeful design inspiration reinvigorates Tinker. Much like it reinvigorated Mike himself.

Jordan 11? Instant Classics. No more need be said. Obviously GOAT Air Jordan shoe.

Jordan 12 were the first ones to introduce zoom in a Jordan shoe. Beautiful elegant design. At the time looked futuristic. Amazing materials. Durable tanks. IMO Instant Classics. All colorways were fire.

Jordan 13 were ridiculously comfortable, and unique eye catching design. Litany of great color ways.

Jordan 14 black toes were fire but IMO the rest of the line suffered from uninspired and poor color blocking.

Then Tinker basically said eff it with the XV.

My take on Tinker and the AJ line during its prime / peak.

Every thing you mentioned about aesthetics is the reason why the Fire Red 3-5, and Carmine 6 are always in last place to me. Too much red. The Carmine 6 looks like kid shoes to me, especially with the weirdly shaped 2014 retro.

Idk what it is about the Bordeaux 7 from 1992 and 2015, its just prime color blocking to me. The 7 is one of the best models, but they can’t design colorways right after Tinker and the Og team. The Aqua 8 is perfect to me, even the 2007. The 6 is a great silhouette, but honestly I don’t think Gentry and folks after Tinker and the OG design team ever knew how to design a good retro+ colorway. The best retro+ 6 end up being the ones inspired by the blk Infrared(dmp) and Carmine(Gatorade and Oreo).
Infrared23 6s said hello

Since we’re on the topic of looks....

VII and VIII are my favorite simply because 1992-1993 was such a fun time 360. Sports, pop culture, being a kid in the 90’s was something special. So whenever I buy an OG colorway of the VII and VIII it takes me back to a happy place, oh yeah, and MJ wore them.

But the III Just this last year crept in to my personal top 5. They simply just work! I get the hype now. I never wore a sneaker 2 weeks straight until the III. Comfort, aesthetics, MJ. Wow.

I was surprised to see MJ wearing the OG Carmine VI. For that time frame 1991-1992, that sneaker was very loud. And MJ is a model of sophistication, so even now at 35 years of age, it amazes that he didn’t ask for a more toned down colorway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom