2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Wear whatever the hell color socks y’all want lol. Just a strong suggestion for those planning on hooping in VIs; socks no lower than a mid-cut. The spoiler will cut and tenderize your achilles. Also, look into some quality insoles. These shoes have never been a smooth ride in the comfort department, OGs included.

whitemencantjump_2.jpg

It's about time this movie was remade. Gonna rock the 2019s seeing the remake.
Blasphemy, this movie needs to be left alone

[Sorry for the long note; I'm into details....just skip on by if you're the twitter generation ;-).]

So now that I have these in hand, here are my initial thoughts. I tried them on but didn't wear them yet.

- They were not manufactured to have a contrast heel; there's no way. It's not smooth/anodized leather/durabuck whatsoever. Anyone who's seeing contrast is probably due to that back heel portion coming from a diff die lot of materials with a slightly diff hue or texture. This is purely my opinion. I just don't think despite QC differences that some pairs would have zero contrast with obviously the same material/finish used, vs. having a completely diff material or treatment. I just don't buy it ;-).

- They do look awesome. It's definitely infrared and not infrared23; duh. i.e. way more red than pink.

- Other than the obvious shape of the ankle pods, which are definitely more OG, the rest of the silhouette looks damn near identical to me. Any differences are extremely subtle and require very close visual dissection. Unlike the Concord PL height, explaining this difference to anyone (ex. wife/kids/non-shoe-head friends), I'd come off as a nut-job!

- I do prefer the '19 color, however, the '14 is so unique, which I do like.

- I need to wear the '19 and put some miles on, but I don't hate the '14s like so many of you, and while I hope the '19s are more comfortable, which they seem to be on first try-on, it's not like it's night and day. 6s just aren't the most comfy in general; 3s are better for example.

- The tongue is the exact same height.

- They fit a little more true to size, but not a major difference in length. I really don't think downsizing would be wise unless you bought the completely wrong (too big) size in the past.

- If I could offload my VNDS '14s for a decent price (ex. $150) easily, I'd do so, but it's such a pain in the ***, and eBay is always a risk with scammers; though I've sold a number of used shoes with no issues in the past. My son loves the infrared 6s; he calls my '14s the "black shoes with the highlighter color". He won't grow into them for another 2-3 years though, so saving them for him may not be wise as they may fall apart by then(?). I'll have to think it thru a bit.

- My NA stitching is actually quite good. The tilted-*** E I've seen on some is so lame. Really not a big feature though being black on black. NA on 3s and 4s makes the entire shoe though, and is much more important to me.

I wonder if I should go for another pair on the 16th to use as trade for the black/red 4s, which is a MUST have for me. Though trading has its risks too, and resell will be nothing on these after fees, so hopefully I can get lucky again with the shock drop; not likely.

Cheers.

Update - Tried them on and walked around the house. These are barely 10% more comfortable. If I were being super practical I wouldn't keep them. But since I'm not... I'll appreciate the better toe box fit and hope my son can wear one of these pairs at some point!

Remake, as in stick to the original script and stuff. Guess that ain't happening, or it's gonna flop.

Update - Tried them on and walked around the house. These are barely 10% more comfortable. If I were being super practical I wouldn't keep them. But since I'm not... I'll appreciate the better toe box fit and hope my son can wear one of these pairs at some point!
Thanks for the update. I still have my extra DS pair from 2014. Was thinking of getting the 2019 cause of the Nike Air and selling the 2014. But most likely no one is going to want them cause they rather have the 2019. Might just keep my 2014, skip this release and just get the Black Cement 4. I hardly wear gym shoes, I'm always with my work shoes Monday-Friday and only wear sneakers on weekends and holidays.

[Sorry for the long note; I'm into details....just skip on by if you're the twitter generation ;-).]

So now that I have these in hand, here are my initial thoughts. I tried them on but didn't wear them yet.

- They were not manufactured to have a contrast heel; there's no way. It's not smooth/anodized leather/durabuck whatsoever. Anyone who's seeing contrast is probably due to that back heel portion coming from a diff die lot of materials with a slightly diff hue or texture. This is purely my opinion. I just don't think despite QC differences that some pairs would have zero contrast with obviously the same material/finish used, vs. having a completely diff material or treatment. I just don't buy it ;-).

- They do look awesome. It's definitely infrared and not infrared23; duh. i.e. way more red than pink.

- Other than the obvious shape of the ankle pods, which are definitely more OG, the rest of the silhouette looks damn near identical to me. Any differences are extremely subtle and require very close visual dissection. Unlike the Concord PL height, explaining this difference to anyone (ex. wife/kids/non-shoe-head friends), I'd come off as a nut-job!

- I do prefer the '19 color, however, the '14 is so unique, which I do like.

- I need to wear the '19 and put some miles on, but I don't hate the '14s like so many of you, and while I hope the '19s are more comfortable, which they seem to be on first try-on, it's not like it's night and day. 6s just aren't the most comfy in general; 3s are better for example.

- The tongue is the exact same height.

- They fit a little more true to size, but not a major difference in length. I really don't think downsizing would be wise unless you bought the completely wrong (too big) size in the past.

- If I could offload my VNDS '14s for a decent price (ex. $150) easily, I'd do so, but it's such a pain in the ***, and eBay is always a risk with scammers; though I've sold a number of used shoes with no issues in the past. My son loves the infrared 6s; he calls my '14s the "black shoes with the highlighter color". He won't grow into them for another 2-3 years though, so saving them for him may not be wise as they may fall apart by then(?). I'll have to think it thru a bit.

- My NA stitching is actually quite good. The tilted-*** E I've seen on some is so lame. Really not a big feature though being black on black. NA on 3s and 4s makes the entire shoe though, and is much more important to me.

I wonder if I should go for another pair on the 16th to use as trade for the black/red 4s, which is a MUST have for me. Though trading has its risks too, and resell will be nothing on these after fees, so hopefully I can get lucky again with the shock drop; not likely.

Cheers.
Great post. Im still in. I have the 2014 version and yes I think they are unique also. They capture the 90s vibe with the bright colors that no other Jordan shoe has. As far as this release goes, they are damn near close to 1991. Thats all that matters at this point.

Thanks for the update. I still have my extra DS pair from 2014. Was thinking of getting the 2019 cause of the Nike Air and selling the 2014. But most likely no one is going to want them cause they rather have the 2019. Might just keep my 2014, skip this release and just get the Black Cement 4. I hardly wear gym shoes, I'm always with my work shoes Monday-Friday and only wear sneakers on weekends and holidays.

If mine were DS I'd sell them on stockX and get the new ones. Painless process. My size is only about $30 cheaper than the '19s currently. You'd basically get what you paid for them after fees.

One asterisk on this release I'm learning is that it's almost a "nostalgic" release.

For most casual collectors or hypebeasts, they can't see the appeal. Nike Air, sure.. like dude in the video was like "yeah this what everyone hype about" cause he didn't care. I will be staring at these for a long while because I honestly never knew if / when I'd be able to cop some good NA Infrared 6's. I'm gonna be having a nostalgic freak out, a true "grail moment" with these.

This release really tugs at the heart of
-people who had the OG's the 2000's and want that again
-people who missed out and came in the game late, left only with pictures and memories of the OG's and 2000's
-hardcore collectors who collect to collect, or collect the "OG" remastered line

That's really it. Most others will say the Infrared is still "too bright" because they've thirsted over the Varsity's for so long, and the rest of em just see a 2014 re-release with a different logo.

*shrug*

I could care less tbh. This release is for me, as I get older I'm caring less if it's for others as well.

After getting the 2019's, the 2014's are still unique to have. Was going to see if I could sell, but I think these will be kept as well. Tried to get some shots, but its to late in the day with no great light!

Swap out the 2014 Pink Infrared to a Darker Infrared color like the '19's & 2000 pairs.
My 2014 Pair already gone to hell & back

Back
Top Bottom