2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Long time visitor. Just signed up.
Hello to all. This release had me sign-up. Very Exciting release. Got mine today. As close to 1991 as I remember.
20190220_142437.jpg
20190220_142733.jpg

Welcome, sit tight and buckle up.

Gentry trying to say all the right things now. Bottomline, he's a clown. He destroyed Foam's and his last tenure was a disaster as far as I'm concerned, and I'm not talking about how he made JB profits. I'm talking about how a lot of Air Jordan's were almost in bootleg form. Jordan's actually got better when that douchebag was away from the brand. I absolutely hate that he's back.

Gentry: "MJ ... pushes us to maintain the authenticity of the original model, while not being afraid of paying attention to details and craftsmanship.

"When it comes to the construction, we strive to deliver a premium level of quality and original construction.

"I believe that our attention to details and pursuit of fine craftsmanship is expected."

This clown should try selling ice to eskimos. He almost seems to actually believe the stuff that comes out of his mouth. As evidenced by all the comments when everyone was giving poor tonytobacco tonytobacco all that ****--comments about everyone knows not to expect top quality from GR Jordan retros--no, Gentry, your audience most certainly does not expect fine craftsmanship and attention to details. And you're a big reason that is the case.

It's too bad Slam doesn't have the balls to follow those statements with questions like, "Then how do you explain what you've done to the 3 and several other models? How do you explain a run of several years not too long ago that were viewed so poorly by your hardcore consumers that they've become regarded as the dark days of Jordan Brand?" No one who ever gets access to this guy and others at the brand ever challenges them. They must all be more worried about losing their invites to launch events and free shoes than they are about doing some good and challenging these people to do better. Shame.

WdtsZ1p.jpg

Got my pair and I gotta say these are a must cop for anyone, even despite the quality control. Glue on the laces, couple holes not poked out all the way, and glue stench up the *** :lol:

The heel contrast in certain lighting is a really nice touch too :pimp:

Thar glue stench though. I notice they all have a strong a** smell, almost like nail polish remover. I sniffed the shoes and got a headache lol

Got my pair...I'm definitely not one for nitpicking. Especially not on minor stuff. So, as I'm examining my pair, I get to the left shoe and I notice these ridges on the toe. Anyone see what I see?
20190220_124334.jpg
20190220_124206.jpg

Community thoughts...?
I had that same issue with my bordeauxs. I figured it was some kind of adhesive issue so I took a damp towel with an iron to it for about 15 seconds and it went away

tonytobacco tonytobacco

I think your size (14) is just one of the least produced by Nike and therefore more likely to suffer from QC/manufacturing defects.

I could be wrong but it seems like you’re always having some sort of issue regardless of the model.

at least you’re passionate about it.
thanks for the reasonable response. you actually just helped me realize that my size is often trash because they dont have much practice. I still dont remember it being this bad a couple years ago. Maybe theyre making way less in my size than they used to. It would explain why its suddenly been so hard to cop my size lately

Gentry, your audience most certainly does not expect fine craftsmanship and attention to details. And you're a big reason that is the case.

It's too bad Slam doesn't have the balls to follow those statements with questions like, "Then how do you explain what you've done to the 3 and several other models? How do you explain a run of several years not too long ago that were viewed so poorly by your hardcore consumers that they've become regarded as the dark days of Jordan Brand?"

You're right, I always expect the worse when it comes to classic retro's. I already know they will botch one of my all-time favorite shoes, the Fire Red 3's. It kills me.

No one has the guts to challenge this clown's lies. So true, those years were the darkest of days as far as JB. Remember the Fire Red 4's? Good grief!

thanks for the reasonable response. you actually just helped me realize that my size is often trash because they dont have much practice. I still dont remember it being this bad a couple years ago. Maybe theyre making way less in my size than they used to. It would explain why its suddenly been so hard to cop my size lately

I definitely thinks it’s because you wear a size 14 in most cases.

tonytobacco tonytobacco When you come into a thread calling a shoe that most think are well done trash there’s going to be some kind of response. I'm not trying to come at you at all, if I came off that way I apologize. Was just pointing out the fact that majority seem to think this is one of the best retros in a long time and you seem not to agree. Seriously if your unhappy you have every right to complain. I wasn’t trying to get into a back and forth with you.
I can see that you truly like these shoes and just want a acceptable pair. We all family here and I can appreciate your opinion without agreeing.
its all good brother. I fully understand how it looks to people from the outside and that s what causes the frustration when I know if it was seen from my perspective and all the cumulative context therein it would be a unanimous wtf in my favor. But I get too disgusted to properly post all of the evidence in adequate lighting because I dont even want to spend any more time looking at them and uploading and posting pics. I really dont even want them in my house

Last edited:
Contributing to the lace lock location discussion, while I do use all 3 locations, I generally lace them through the second-to-last hole and just throw the lock on after. I keep them loose enough to slip on and off without dealing with the laces or the lock.

F0D72FFA-FB14-4B36-A84F-1284DBBD56C8.jpeg

You're right, I always expect the worse when it comes to classic retro's. I already know they will botch one of my all-time favorite shoes, the Fire Red 3's. It kills me.

No one has the guts to challenge this clown's lies. So true, those years were the darkest of days as far as JB. Remember the Fire Red 4's? Good grief!

Yup, exactly my point. We all WANT the best construction and materials, but we EXPECT the worst every single time. It was so bad for so long that now we all piss ourselves when they put out something that isn't a total disaster. Look at these Infrareds ... they're a solid retro but they've still got obvious things wrong with them, starting with that silly "spray on" contrast heel. How about you just make the damn thing the right way, Gentry? Still too much to ask, apparently. And then he has the gall to sit there stroking himself talking about authenticity and materials and craftsmanship. Even worse, he always makes sure to tell us how MJ thinks this or that pair is great, as if to somehow validate what they've done. :stoneface:

tonytobacco tonytobacco
Well they're here, and I have zero complaints. They are much more comfortable than the 2014 pair. Shape is better IMO, obviously the color and my NIKE AIR stitching on the back is consistent across both shoes as is the contrast heel that you can see in the pic of the NA on back. A few photos for ya'll...
fullsizeoutput_b3e.jpeg

IMG_0476.JPG

IMG_0479.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG
thats some godamm bull**** lol
congrats on that perfect pair

the left nike air is sitting a little low

I had that same issue with my bordeauxs. I figured it was some kind of adhesive issue so I took a damp towel with an iron to it for about 15 seconds and it went away

Appreciate this. I think I may give it a shot. Low level heat and a damp towel....See if that does anything for them. If not, they're going back. But, I feel a little better seeing that some of the pairs are "EFFFF'ed"!! And my flaw ain't minor, lol! It really is funny that for so many pairs to have looked perfect.....Many do NOT look perfect. Odd.

Scared for the IV's now......:ohwell:

Appreciate this. I think I may give it a shot. Low level heat and a damp towel....See if that does anything for them. If not, they're going back. But, I feel a little better seeing that some of the pairs are "EFFFF'ed"!! And my flaw ain't minor, lol! It really is funny that for so many pairs to have looked perfect.....Many do NOT look perfect. Odd.

Scared for the IV's now......:ohwell:
if it helps, i hit that steam button a handful of times

i hope it works out

My pair looks pretty nice, except for this extra red paint on the midsole that looks super messy

Did any of your pairs come with a messy paint job on the midsole? I mean I know these are mass produced so flaws
are bound to happen but that extra red paint is lame

Infrared Paint.jpg

It was so bad for so long that now we all piss ourselves when they put out something that isn't a total disaster. Look at these Infrareds ... they're a solid retro but they've still got obvious things wrong with them, starting with that silly "spray on" contrast heel. How about you just make the damn thing the right way, Gentry? Still too much to ask, apparently. And then he has the gall to sit there stroking himself talking about authenticity and materials and craftsmanship. Even worse, he always makes sure to tell us how MJ thinks this or that pair is great, as if to somehow validate what they've done. :stoneface:

Haha, right, we piss ourselves when it isn't a total botch job. People like us take heat bcuz we are looked at as complainers. No, we just want retros that are given the justice they deserve. I don't want a jacked up True Blue 3 that looks bootleg with crappy materials with Nike Air on the back. You can't just slap that Nike Air on and think we are just satisfied with you getting the rest of the shoe wrong. What happened to the slogan, "Quility inspired by the greatest player ever?" Did you forget about that Gentry and Jordan Brand? They usually just jack up the prices and the shoes.

Sorry for the rant, but the Brand should at least keep the standards they once had.

I read the article earlier today. It appeared as SLAM was kissing his ***. If Mike was really paying attention to the details of the shoes like he was as a player playing basketball, these would always be spot on.
I didnt believe much anything Gent said. And what the hell was that talk about wearing them ALL the way through to the chip starting with the ASG? Playing on the road in "black shoes", never heard that either.

Back
Top Bottom