2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Yup, exactly my point. We all WANT the best construction and materials, but we EXPECT the worst every single time. It was so bad for so long that now we all piss ourselves when they put out something that isn't a total disaster. Look at these Infrareds ... they're a solid retro but they've still got obvious things wrong with them, starting with that silly "spray on" contrast heel. How about you just make the damn thing the right way, Gentry? Still too much to ask, apparently. And then he has the gall to sit there stroking himself talking about authenticity and materials and craftsmanship. Even worse, he always makes sure to tell us how MJ thinks this or that pair is great, as if to somehow validate what they've done. :stoneface:
I wish Michael Jordan would take the same approach to his shoes as he did the basketball game itself. To me having the worlds number one shoe company while its named after you with your silhouette as the logo is a slightly bigger deal than 6 rings and a few mvps. His priorities are dumb.

I get that he's 'retired' but he really isnt in real life. He's in his early 50s and he owns (and runs?) all this. Most 99.9 percent of humans would take that role extremely seriously or hand off the responsibility to someone who will if they dont have the energy for it.

Its almost like Mike just feels like he's entitled to to the sales because of his legacy, not because of the product. And his right hand man is telling us its raining when theyre pissing on our legs.

Last edited:
I read the article earlier today. It appeared as SLAM was kissing his ***. If Mike was really paying attention to the details of the shoes like he was as a player playing basketball, these would always be spot on.
I didnt believe much anything Gent said. And what the hell was that talk about wearing them ALL the way through to the chip starting with the ASG? Playing on the road in "black shoes", never heard that either.

Yea I had to stop after the 2nd question cuz it was just full of ****

MJ wore white during the regular season and busted out the black pairs once playoffs started, Gentry just making stuff up now

got my double up from nike... the contrast on the heel tab is no difference from my first pair lol... will keep those in the closet for now... had a scuff on the right toe but took it off using scotch tape...

took a picture with my 2000 pair.... my new pair from ndc i just got is in the back... the nike air in the back is better on the 2000 pair because its not as skinny... but tbh the 2019 nike air is still straight... and the red is slighter brighter on the 2019 pair and the contrast heel tab is more obvious on the 2000 pair...the comfort is the same on both pairs... in my opinion the 2019 pair is better than the 2000 pair...the only thing good about the 2000 pair is the contrast heel and the nike air in the back... the 2019 is better in everything else... the 3m in the back, the brighter infrared looks more OG, the nike lace locks and the pink insole... as far as comfort they feel exactly the same 2000 and 2019 pair...
20190220_180919.jpg

20190220_180847.jpg

20190220_180958.jpg

20190220_181657.jpg

thats some godamm bull**** lol
congrats on that perfect pair

the left nike air is sitting a little low
tonytobacco tonytobacco You're a trip bro lol. But it's all good, you can be as discerning as you like as a consumer since it's YOUR money. NOW....I found this for you regarding Foot Asylum direct from their long winded FAQ...
Are the sizes shown UK or US sizes?

All products on the website are shown in UK sizes. There is a size guide on each product page (click on the Size Guide tab below the product photograph) that should help you to choose the size you want and will also help you to convert our UK sizes in to the equivalent US and EU sizes if required. Please note that these are only a guide and we cannot be held responsible for size differences between manufacturers.

I was hoping it was going to say US sizes for you. Double socks? Lol...

As for the SLAM Gentry article...I mean what do we really expect this guy to say as the VP of the brand? At best we *might* get him to admit that retros from a few years ago were pretty bad...but I would suspect he'd chalk it up to something other than him being a gimp. He's saying what he's SUPPOSED to say, no more, no less.

And what the hell was that talk about wearing them ALL the way through to the chip starting with the ASG? Playing on the road in "black shoes", never heard that either.

Careful, J, some people in here are going to tell you to shut up and stop ruining a good web article with facts, you're lucky to even have another article about these shoes to read. :lol:

tonytobacco tonytobacco You're a trip bro lol. But it's all good, you can be as discerning as you like as a consumer since it's YOUR money. NOW....I found this for you regarding Foot Asylum direct from their long winded FAQ...
Are the sizes shown UK or US sizes?

All products on the website are shown in UK sizes. There is a size guide on each product page (click on the Size Guide tab below the product photograph) that should help you to choose the size you want and will also help you to convert our UK sizes in to the equivalent US and EU sizes if required. Please note that these are only a guide and we cannot be held responsible for size differences between manufacturers.

I was hoping it was going to say US sizes for you. Double socks? Lol...

As for the SLAM Gentry article...I mean what do we really expect this guy to say as the VP of the brand? At best we *might* get him to admit that retros from a few years ago were pretty bad...but I would suspect he'd chalk it up to something other than him being a gimp. He's saying what he's SUPPOSED to say, no more, no less.
Yeah i figured out the footasylum thing like 5 seconds too late. I sat there and as soon as the order placed page loaded I realized 'oh wait, this is a uk site no no no no'

Hopefully they get my emails before it ships

thanks though lol

Careful, J, some people in here are going to tell you to shut up and stop ruining a good web article with facts, you're lucky to even have another article about these shoes to read. :lol:
The black shoe thing for road games made me laugh really. That all started in 89 with 4s. But never once read MJ wanting a black shoe for road games.

Yea I was a bit puzzled when I read that. Didn’t Mike wear the white Infras for most of the reg season (home and road) before the playoffs? I thought he only wore the black only for the asg and playoffs, then the Carmines for the 91’-92’ season before breaking out the 7’s in the 92’ asg.

Yea I was a bit puzzled when I read that. Didn’t Mike wear the white Infras for most of the reg season (home and road) before the playoffs? I thought he only wore the black only for the asg and playoffs, then the Carmines for the 91’-92’ season before breaking out the 7’s in the 92’ asg.
He broke out the white infra after the 91 asg. Wore them till the playoffs began.

I want to watch that gentry interview but im afraid Ill have a stroke at the moment. Maybe after the finishline pair shows up

The black shoe thing for road games made me laugh really. That all started in 89 with 4s. But never once read MJ wanting a black shoe for road games.
What interview are you referencing?

And yea the black shoes was a playoff only thing.

Highly recommend the Unbanned documentary on the Air Jordan 1 on Hulu by the way

SLAM interview about this release. With Gentry.

Yeah he’s said everything you want to hear as a consumer in that article, but we all know for damn sure he’s just blowing smoke up our butts :smh:
I like the part in that article where it says the 2019’s are a stitch for stitch match to the OG’s :lol:

Yeah he’s said everything you want to hear as a consumer in that article, but we all know for damn sure he’s just blowing smoke up our butts :smh:
I like the part in that article where it says the 2019’s are a stitch for stitch match to the OG’s :lol:
The whole interview was a sales pitch. This release is amazing to me, but "stitch for stitch"? And "matching materials"? No.

Contrast is definitely sprayed on. Some pods have excess residue. Probably rushed, which is why some pairs have it very visible, and many vary from kinda visible to non existent no matter the light. My left shoe that doesn’t have it at all, and it doesn’t have defined ridges or ankle pod. This release was definitely rushed. I still love these, but I believe some of the complaints about QC have merit. I’ve never received a perfect pair of Jays from 2006-now. Even the 97 12s I had had different mudguard heights, bunch of glue, and other small flaws.

according to some pics in here they kind of are. Hes not really lying. The problem is what they did with what the stitches are on. The contrast and ankle hole could be better but they are pretty close in most regards enough to be impressive (to the eyes)

Their inventory sucks. They canceled my pair and some others on here as well. Had no problem checking out and got hit with the cancel yesterday.

Just got shipment confirmation, guess I got lucky.

Edit: Just checked and 7.5 is no longer available, only size 18 left. I hope others with this PITA size got to eat too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom