2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
All so beautiful! No scuffs or flaws, and no differences between FNL and NDC pairs. Heel contrast visible on all. Similar to the '14, the Infrared reflects differently with light. Oh Happy Day!!

P.S. For all looking for the contrast, because of the way the finish is pressed/applied/combed, you most likely won’t see it from the side. Best seen from the back!

20190220_214852.jpg

20190220_214427.jpg
20190220_214043.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_20190216_090329.jpg
Same thing with mine.

I think you, aquaman and maybe one or two other people has this issue, in the world lol. Literally everybody else’s pairs have heel contrast on both pairs lol. I’d consider it a defect if my pair didn’t have it, seeing everyone else’s for the most part does. The fact that they even tried to recreate such a minute detail to somewhat appease folks like us who all but obsess over every detail, says a lot and is enough for me but some of y’all are just too hard to please. Complain away though guys.

something tells me that a very small percentage of people care about a contrast heel, and that may just include some people on this message board.

There’s literally like 1 or 2 guys on here that made it even a thing to care about like that lol. Had Nike made it with no contrast at all though?!......

..I guess pandemonium.

My point is at least they tried. Damn heel was never leather anyway and never was a focal point nor was it always noticeable in every circumstance, including on the OGs. So everyone just cut it out. These ‘19s just needed a contrast. Nothing more, nothing less. They have that. Move on with your life. And the thread poll is corny af.

I might be tripping, but the shoepalace pair I got looks suspect. Didnt have a chance to look at them fully till I got back home and comparing them to my Champs pair I picked up instore they look diff. Could just be me being paranoid though lol

shoepalace does not sell fakes.

I understand some folks don’t care about the contrast but it’s a detail that many appreciate for a variety of reasons just like elephant print thin and correctly colored, patent leather with white edges, and countless other details specific to classics. Everyone has that detail they favor.

Also. I think the back heel tab always looked so wierd on the aj6. I wonder if it would look better without it.

:smh::smh::smh:

Godddamnit I want those ****ing carmines :smh:

Carmines are by far the ugliest/worst of the OG VI's. Never liked those one bit. Yup!

My pair looks pretty nice, except for this extra red paint on the midsole that looks super messy

Did any of your pairs come with a messy paint job on the midsole? I mean I know these are mass produced so flaws
are bound to happen but that extra red paint is lame

Infrared Paint.jpg

That's some sloppy stuff right there. :smh:

I imagine the spraying is due to them wanting to replicate it with nubuck.. durabuck isn’t actually made anymore so that’s out of the picture.

They’re replicating what I think was a factory defect on the heel panel due to limitations of materials and manufacturing at the time.

When you look at it that way, whoever was responsible for this release really did their best with this.

That seems very far fetched. The heel on the OG's were simply intended to be a different material.

Lacelocks at top is winning the poll. :smh:

Gotta say 3rd lace does look interesting though. I might give it a try.

Of course it's winning, it's the only way to rock them. :nthat:

I have a strong suspicion that the loud glue smell everyone keeps talking about is from that heel spray they used last minute

Do people not see that in lots of pics, not only the heel has the contrast but the "3" section too? :nerd: I highly doubt JB sprayed anything on the heels of these. Perhaps different cuts of nubuck but peeps really thinking JB sprayed the heels? Nah.

I think you, aquaman and maybe one or two other people has this issue, in the world lol. Literally everybody else’s pairs have heel contrast on both pairs lol. I’d consider it a defect if my pair didn’t have it, seeing everyone else’s for the most part does. The fact that they even tried to recreate such a minute detail to somewhat appease folks like us who all but obsess over every detail, says a lot and is enough for me but some of y’all are just too hard to please. Complain away though guys.

There’s literally like 1 or 2 guys on here that made it even a thing to care about like that lol. Had Nike made it with no contrast at all though?!......

..I guess pandemonium.

My point is at least they tried. Damn heel was never leather anyway and never was a focal point nor was it always noticeable in every circumstance, including on the OGs. So everyone just cut it out. These ‘19s just needed a contrast. Nothing more, nothing less. They have that. Move on with your life. And the thread poll is corny af.
Well, there is no where else to talk about the heel diff other than in here. People like us make a big deal out of things a lot would not. I agree though, they tried. I might be just a person that got the *** end of the deal of mixing and matching. I bought these on release day, in store 10 min after they opened. The exact way I wanted to buy them. But Finish line employees were real shady with how they handled themselves. They treated this release likeyou were buying gold bars or something.
I still love my pair.

patent leather with white edges

This is a super important detail for me, in particular with playoff 11’s as that’s my grail. But I’m confident that JB will get it right this December since they did the last two 11’s justice. I’m probably more concerned about the shade of red used on the outsole at this point.

Well, there is no where else to talk about the heel diff other than in here. People like us make a big deal out of things a lot would not. I agree though, they tried. I might be just a person that got the *** end of the deal of mixing and matching. I bought these on release day, in store 10 min after they opened. The exact way I wanted to buy them. But Finish line employees were real shady with how they handled themselves. They treated this release likeyou were buying gold bars or something.
I still love my pair.
I also said I love my pair too. Quantity of people who pay attention to something doesn’t discount their opinions. There’s a bunch others who take interest in or out right wanted the contrast heel more than you and I. Either they owned the 91/00 or they wanted something like that. He can see this how he wants, idc eitherway.

I understand some folks don’t care about the contrast but it’s a detail that many appreciate for a variety of reasons just like elephant print thin and correctly colored, patent leather with white edges, and countless other details specific to classics. Everyone has that detail they favor.

That’s not the point. I care about it, I want it. These ‘19s have it! So now what’s the problem? Folks wanted full blown black leather? That’s dumb. These were never leather. You got folks acting like these don’t have a contrast at all. It’s nuts. Bottom line, these have the contrast heel. If yours doesn’t, your pair is one of the exceptions and frankly, you got got.

You got folks acting like these don’t have a contrast at all. It’s nuts. Bottom line, these have the contrast heel. If yours doesn’t, your pair is one of the exceptions and frankly, you got got.
folks claiming their pairs barely have contrast or none at all say that because of what they see on their pairs with their own eyes. Many posted pics. My pair has it on one shoe. The other doesn’t. It’s not apparent in any lighting and I’ve checked. Many pairs are like that.

That’s not the point. I care about it, I want it. These ‘19s have it! So now what’s the problem? Folks wanted full blown black leather? That’s dumb. These were never leather. You got folks acting like these don’t have a contrast at all. It’s nuts. Bottom line, these have the contrast heel. If yours doesn’t, your pair is one of the exceptions and frankly, you got got.
How you get "got got" when you buy retail the right way?

Did anyone’s snkrs box come in half regular stripe tape and half just do it tape?

My top had the just do it tape. The bottom tape had the usual stripe tape. No swoosh on the box tho.

I hope they are going away with the just do it tape. Worst idea they had in a while.

Welp my Infrareds definitely got swiped off my porch today.. at least they didn’t get my Adapt BBs I guess :angry:

I unsubscribed from the thread for a while until around RD; folks claiming their pairs barely have contrast say that because of what they see on their pairs with their own eyes. Many posted pics. My pair has it on one shoe. It’s not apparent in any lighting and I’ve checked. Many pairs are like that.

It’s not “many” though. It’s like you and 2 other dudes. You’re using “many” to inflate your argument. Don’t worry, I believe you. I’m just saying y’alls pairs seem to be the exception when mostly everybody else’s pairs have clear evident contrast on both shoes.

Back
Top Bottom