2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I hate the mold for the 2015 Am90. I cant even wear the pair of infrareds I have theyre so narrow and uncomfortable.

Should sell them to fund another pair of these bad mf.

Didn’t you pass? What do you even care?

LOL. I care because while I passed on this one, I don't like people *****ing about people *****ing about issues they have with a Jordan shoe when the people complaining have a legit point. I totally get your point about the complaining becoming tiring, but man, this is a damn sneaker forum for a bunch of dudes (and ladies) who care about shoes more than normal people. What is it to you if people vent their personal thoughts? The release is over, this thread will be dead soon, anyway. So when you ask what more do people want, plenty of us have said what we want: a legit heel like 6s had originally, not this lackluster flex-seal spray-on crap. I don't like what they did there because of what it represents in general about JB's approach to iconic retros a lot of the time, not what it actually matters on this shoe. That's all. Not coming at you whatsoever.

LOL. I care because while I passed on this one, I don't like people *****ing about people *****ing about issues they have with a Jordan shoe when the people complaining have a legit point. I totally get your point about the complaining becoming tiring, but man, this is a damn sneaker forum for a bunch of dudes (and ladies) who care about shoes more than normal people. What is it to you if people vent their personal thoughts? The release is over, this thread will be dead soon, anyway. So when you ask what more do people want, plenty of us have said what we want: a legit heel like 6s had originally, not this lackluster flex-seal spray-on crap. I don't like what they did there because of what it represents in general about JB's approach to iconic retros a lot of the time, not what it actually matters on this shoe. That's all. Not coming at you whatsoever.

“A legit heel” lol. Oh wait so you were wanting a 1 to 1 remake of the original black/infrared 6? Same materials and all huh? I hear ya lol

Like I said, you picked a hell of a shoe to pass on. Good for you. If you really don’t like these or aren’t that crazy about 6s as it is in general (like you said) then I’m not sure why you’re still in here writing paragraphs lol. JB has messed up and dealt us lackluster products plenty times before. But this ain’t one of those times. They nailed these and you’re missing out on the best retro of this shoe to date. And I’ve owned every iteration except for the OG. And you know just like I do that they wouldn’t be EXACTLY like the original from 30 years ago. (They got very close though) Suit yourself lol.

Last edited:
Did anyone’s snkrs box come in half regular stripe tape and half just do it tape?

My top had the just do it tape. The bottom tape had the usual stripe tape. No swoosh on the box tho.

I hope they are going away with the just do it tape. Worst idea they had in a while.
Yes. My pair from snkrs came in just like that. My concord lows golf cleats did as well. Hope you're right and they are going away with that tape and swoosh box.

“A legit heel” lol. Oh wait so you were wanting a 1 to 1 remake of the original black/infrared 6? Same materials and all huh? I hear ya lol

Like I said, you picked a hell of a shoe to pass on. Good for you. If you really don’t like these or aren’t that crazy about 6s as it is in general (like you said) then I’m not sure why you’re still in here writing paragraphs lol. JB has messed up and dealt us lackluster products plenty times before. But this ain’t one of those times. They nailed these and you’re missing out on the best retro of this shoe to date. Suit yourself lol.

Gotta agree with this guy here, this is not only the best 6 retro ever, its one of the best retros ever period.

Speaking of QC, the left Infrared lacelook’s Jumpman is trying to run away lol. Fire Red lace lock is also off centered. Infrared off center being so much is actually kinda cool to me.
0CBD12BA-BA66-4361-9A94-43247CA49027.jpeg

Ended up with two pairs: early and reg release from NDC.

Reg release pair is legit perfect...very happy.

The early release pair will be returned ASAP.

Like I said, you picked a hell of a shoe to pass on. Good for you. If you really don’t like these or aren’t that crazy about 6s as it is in general (like you said) then I’m not sure why you’re still in here writing paragraphs lol. JB has messed up and dealt us lackluster products plenty times before. But this ain’t one of those times. They nailed these and you’re missing out on the best retro of this shoe to date. And I’ve owned every iteration except for the OG. And you know just like I do that they wouldn’t be EXACTLY like the original from 30 years ago. (They got very close though) Suit yourself lol.

Gotta agree with this guy here, this is not only the best 6 retro ever, its one of the best retros ever period.

I'm not even arguing with you guys and never was. If you have seen my overall posts, I've said this is a good retro. I just don't understand, dhtowng dhtowng , why you seem to be taking it personal that some people have complaints. Or should I say, observations about what could be better. You're taking those points and acting like people with criticisms of the shoe are being a-holes. You're more than entitled to your opinion, I just don't happen to see it that way. It's a pretty known fact that Nike pays attention to this stuff. If everyone just jizzes all over the shoes and never voices what can be improved, it won't happen. My vested interest is that while I don't care about this shoe much, they employ the same approach to ones I do care about. None of it exists in a vacuum. We saw what they can do with the concords. Anyway, all good, dudes.

Is it possible that Shoe Palace, for whatever reason, gets stuck with terrible pairs? Because I swear, some of their pairs look downright fake.

At one particular store, the ENTIRE Jordan section looked fake/terrible, EVERY single model.

I understand that they're an authorized distributor with multiple locations. I get that. But still, something isn't right.

they dont sell fakes. but if they did, i doubt theyd put fake pairs as display pairs right out in the open.
maybe they get sent the batches that barely pass qc? lol

D7DC0E57-C6D9-4E78-8AE5-413C5C5101B1.jpeg

Side note- Definitely used Nike’s infrared shade. Paint is dead on to my 90’s. Like exact. I don’t know why it was so hard for JB to use Nike’s color. This is honestly the first time they ever got the color right since ‘91. They make **** harder than it has to be smh. :smh:[/QUOTE]

What year are those 90s? Cuz the 2015 version was pinker like the 2014 6s

D7DC0E57-C6D9-4E78-8AE5-413C5C5101B1.jpeg

Side note- Definitely used Nike’s infrared shade. Paint is dead on to my 90’s. Like exact. I don’t know why it was so hard for JB to use Nike’s color. This is honestly the first time they ever got the color right since ‘91. They make **** harder than it has to be smh. :smh:

What year are those 90s? Cuz the 2015 version was pinker like the 2014 6s[/QUOTE]

Those are the 2015 am 90s and it wasn’t like the 2014 6 in terms of the infrared. The infrared on the ‘14 6 is more pink than Nike’s infrared used on the am 90’s. That said, some of y’all or maybe just you need to understand that infrared the color has always been pinkish in hue by nature. It’s just a color that will always look pink in certain lights. Seems like that’s super hard for a lot of folks to understand. Shouldn’t be.

I had two pairs out of the box in my office with door closed for about 2 hours, my wife went in and thought there was some gas leak or something burning lol. She couldn't figure out what the smell was but to her it was something horrendous and strong.

Last edited:
IMG_3738.JPG

Won SNS raffle, finally took delivery today. There are certain OG shoes you grow up with, remember even now and this pair is one: Air Jordan VI Black Infrared. Fact that is so close to OG is even better.
Went usual true to size. Personal favorite of this year's classic black red pack of IV, VI & XI. Must have for the Collection. No doubt.

1ec37e36b4b792568cd5bbcaefa00df0.gif

Pair came in, barely has any contrast to the heel, small glue mark on one of the toes. Midsole paint is flawless. Kind of salty about the heel but whatever..
2DDDBB97-7285-4B06-9727-4AC792E678A1.jpeg

F7B6C9A2-A68F-48FE-8F4D-EFEAB596BE9D.jpeg

01380679-2827-4EA8-B6C7-7895AEC5F435.jpeg

D6A0FCE8-798F-4D51-A87C-D078C56F5E61.jpeg

Seen plenty of comparisons to the 2010 varsity pair (which doesn’t count imho) but I haven’t seen many to the actual infrared pair. I guess not many people still have the pack. 2019 shade and paint job much better. I still like the 2010’s though. I liked the 2014 too honestly.

AD62AA7D-1626-404D-AE69-ECA558EB0AC7.jpeg

2019 x 2010

Bonus- my old 2000’s.
Won SNS raffle, finally took delivery today. There are certain OG shoes you grow up with, remember even now and this pair is one: Air Jordan VI Black Infrared. Fact that is so close to OG is even better.
Went usual true to size. Personal favorite of this year's classic black red pack of IV, VI & XI. Must have for the Collection. No doubt.

1ec37e36b4b792568cd5bbcaefa00df0.gif
That dunk is so sick. Unblockable.

Went to my moms to check out my pair today. Im more of a 1s guy and I was on the fence about these anyways. Always wanted them but they did nothing for me so I just sold them on SX.

Back
Top Bottom