2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters

Here we go. According to @ogsupportgroup and @scollard23 this is the official explanation as to why the og heel was the way it was, as well as why it hasn’t been seen again. Doesn’t get more official than this. It makes sense. I bet this applies to the Carmine, Infrared, and sport blue too, which is probably why those heels had to use synthetic to withstand the molding. It was an accident.

Last edited:
...what?

Bro I explained my theory on that pages back, saying pretty much that same thing, and you ignored it :lol:

...what?

Bro I explained my theory on that pages back, saying pretty much that same thing, and you ignored it :lol:
Lol i don’t remember that. The discussion in the thread was a couple months ago. Lots of speculation over the years from a lot, even the guy who posted that, but it seems he finally asked someone at JB.

Edit: I checked, and I guess you said something similar. The new pair is Nikebuck. OG Durabuck has been gone since 1998. But your theory on the original process seems to be more or less correct.

The only thing that doesn’t make sense to me is, if JB really wanted to recreate that “accident” they definitely could have done it. Maybe use the old process. I’m not buying that whole it’s difficult to recreate bull. And I really don’t care that much about the heel but C’mon :lol:

Without durabuck, it probably wouldn’t react the same way. Nikebuck or nubuck or whatever it is idk wouldn’t come out the same.

Without durabuck, it probably wouldn’t react the same way. Nikebuck or nubuck or whatever it is idk wouldn’t come out the same.
The guy from JB said it would only work on synthetics. The Nikebuck is synthetic. He just said that Nike has refined wor molding process, so going to back to the 91 molding may be retroactive. Like SteveSteve72 SteveSteve72 said, is it retroactive, or is just not worth it to them? JB seems stubborn with changing molds.

I don’t know, I guess. but you don’t think a billion dollar company that makes millions of shoes a year can’t come up with something that would be pretty close?

I mean considering the pairs that have the contrast spray look pretty good and the material on these is great IMO, I think they did their best without making their own durabuck, and as someone very pro durabuck, I’m happy as hell with these.

But a part of what made durabuck “durabuck” is its failure over time and the flaking. We won’t have that with these.

We have a stronger material similar to durabuck in feel and look, without the flaws, and they even emulated what is possibly a confirmed “mistake” on the OG’s and 2000’s. I’m happy with my two pears.

Yeah the whole “accident thing” thing is bologna for the simple fact that the 5’s had the contrast heel as well and if it was truly an accident that Nike didn’t intend to happen they had a whole year to either improve on it or flat out use different material to avoid an unintended look. C’mon...

Ive always suspected it was due to some form of heat press that formed the ankle bumps.

Never once did accident cross my mind. Thats absurd.

It may not be bologna. Every OG 5 ankle part had molding done and is synthetic. Molding might require synthetics to withstand the heat. Even if Tinker didn’t design it that way, that’s the tech they had to work with.
The “accident” is the shiny effect.
Look at OG 5s, even the ankle parts for the Grapes and Fire Red are shinier than the part with the Nike Air.
0B192E6A-0BF4-4AE9-B4DE-888EAFB31F4F.jpeg
15607F27-8B97-4205-9621-AE55AF75ED9F.jpeg

JB still uses synthetics for the heel portions of 6s and 5s. The fresh prince is all genuine aside from that ankle portion.

It may not be bologna. Every OG 5 ankle part had molding done and is synthetic. Molding might require synthetics to withstand the heat. Even if Tinker didn’t design it that way, that’s the tech they had to work with.

But look at it from the aspect that it happened on the 5’s and they went with the same material and same technology to mold the 6 heel. So if you know the outcome, how is it an “accident”.....

But look at it from the aspect that it happened on the 5’s and they went with the same material and same technology to mold the 6 heel. So if you know the outcome, how is it an “accident”.....
Yeah, lol the poster didn’t factor in the 5. But I think accident as in Tinker didn’t draw it that way.

Maybe the 5. He had to know it would happen by the time he designed the 6.

I just picture the heat reducing down whats left of the fuzzy microscopic hairs of the nubuck to a smooth flat surface.

Someone take a heat gun to their infrared heel to see if it works.

Yeah, lol the poster didn’t factor in the 5. But I think accident as in Tinker didn’t draw it that way.

He’s an NTer if I’m not mistaken so I don’t doubt his credibility in terms of that’s what he was told but Nike knows they’re fibbing with that story.

Back
Top Bottom