2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
My UNC 6s have nubuck all throughout. I don't mind it at all, but I like the OG style...

s-l1600.jpg

...with the overlays looking different than the rest. Real cool looking.

I respectfully disagree :lol: Ill take the OG durabuck with different treated (or w/e) durabuck heel.. I do not want to see ANY nubuck suede or any version of it on these. Thats what the 2012 BC IV's and 2010 Infrareds were.. :sick: :lol:

I hate the shape, and comfort of the 2014's, very much, but THIS is what I hated the most.

That is contrast ish looks absolutely horrendous. Especially, in pics with a camera flash, the like ones above.

Here's a pic of one of my pairs from my IG.

43913458_600690340346230_5070635461216478328_n.jpg

Plus, the cheap, ashy nubuck caught a scuff, if your damn pants gently rubbed up on against em, wrong.

Or, if you stared at them too long.

About the only thing that was nice on them, was infrared shade, 3m, and the matte finish on the midsoles.

|l

Also, Aquamanjay_ Aquamanjay_ , can you provide a pic of the 2014, White Infrared's that shows what spots the different leather used in?

Like the first pic of the blacks you posted.

I've had those for 4 alomst 5 years, and never knew, or paid attention.

My pair is still DS actually.

:lol:

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree :lol: Ill take the OG durabuck with different treated (or w/e) durabuck heel.. I do not want to see ANY nubuck suede or any version of it on these. Thats what the 2012 BC IV's and 2010 Infrareds were.. :sick: :lol:

I agree 100%. Don't forget the 2011, Black Metallic 5's. That s*** was Nike/JB's go to material, between 2010-2014.

:lol:

I guess thats where I get mixed up. I thought the nubuck was the "new" durabuck.
The Durabuck Nike uses now, and has been using since 1998, is very similar to the original Durabuck used in the 90s. Also, Durabuck was and still is just a name for different synthetic nubuck and synthetic leathers.

Last edited:
The Durabuck Nike uses now, and has been using since 1998 is very similar to the original Durabuck used in the 90s. Also, Durabuck was and still is just a name for different synthetic nubuck and synthetic leathers.
How do you know the difference then? To me, I cant tell.

i.jpg
Like this?

This white outline was a detail I was really hoping to see on these, especially if they are mimicking the 2000 version. This is low key part of what made the 2000's so great and I'm surprised it doesn't get brought up more. I would GLADLY take this detail over that ankle non cut out piece people spent like 2 pages talking about.

I swear if this site doesn’t help with anything else it definitely helps learning more about sneaker history as far as materials used, stories behind certain shoes , etc I literally learn something new everyday in one of these threads. Crazy to think I started lurking back here in 2015/2016 before I even made an account definitely wished I made one sooner( anytime I type anything shoe related in my search engine NikeTalk would pop up)but hey better late than never

I swear if this site doesn’t help with anything else it definitely helps learning more about sneaker history as far as materials used, stories behind certain shoes , etc I literally learn something new everyday in one of these threads. Crazy to think I started lurking back here in 2015/2016 before I even made an account definitely wished I made one sooner( anytime I type anything shoe related in my search engine NikeTalk would pop up)but hey better late than never

This was the source back in the days. I was a member since 2001. The good days of Niketalk are long gone. General forums and Jordan Brand forum were always the spots for me.

The first talks about materials like nubuck, suede etc. broke out when the Nubuck 12’s first released back in 03 with the sweater and matching hat from the JB holiday catalog. Damn memories.

Damn memories....NT reminiscing...

i just sold those 12's to solesupremacy, but still have the hat and sweatshirt. Will post pics when i have time.

My dudes i even still have the receipt and the thing you got in the mail to where you measure your head to pick the size of the hat!!! LOL #packrat #hoarder

i just sold those 12's to solesupremacy, but still have the hat and sweatshirt. Will post pics when i have time.

My dudes i even still have the receipt and the thing you got in the mail to where you measure your head to pick the size of the hat!!! LOL #packrat #hoarder

One more time for the OG’s......Memories. I was in in 11th grade when they came out. I remember....god the good ol days.

Shoot, when the laser 4 dropped.....

Back
Top Bottom