2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
on the first lace how mj rocked them

First from the bottom, or the top? Because MJ rocked them in both spots. He mostly rocked them at the top (where they should be) but there's a pic or two of him wearing it at the bottom on the Carmines I believe.

So the heel is a smoother material that the rest of the upper? Is that what I'm supposed to be seeing?

Originally, contrast heel was a completely different material than the rest of the shoe. Leather heel, Suede upper. On blaze's pair, it is all the suede material, but there is a bit more of a pressing/smoothing effect on the heel versus the rest of the upper. Gives it a closer to OG look than previous retros!

I remember most of the OG heads I seen rockin the lace locks 3rd from the bottom.

Some wore them at the very bottom too, but I remember seeing a lot of 3rd from the bottom.

So because of that, imma rock them like that and see how I like it. I usually have mine at the top, with the top lace hole unused to allow for the shoe to breathe a bit :lol: I feel like they look too tight if laced all the way.

ABA776EA-E842-4EE9-814C-7ADD54C0E990.jpeg

Originally, contrast heel was a completely different material than the rest of the shoe. Leather heel, Suede upper. On blaze's pair, it is all the suede material, but there is a bit more of a pressing/smoothing effect on the heel versus the rest of the upper. Gives it a closer to OG look than previous retros!
Thanks. I had the og's but I was like 13 so didn't study it that hard. Just beat the **** out of them. Now I'm old and trying to re-live my youth through kicks. :lol:

Slightly incorrect and I hate to be that guy.

It was all durabuck, which was a custom material at the time and cheaper than nubuck or suede I hear.

A part of me thinks that the contrast heel had to do with some part of the manufacturing process of forming the shape of the heel, and it inadvertently changing the look and sheen of the heel panel. The upper is all durabuck. Don’t forget that.

It’s interesting but nowadays there is no actual durabuck. It’s no longer being made.

So they used a specific nubuck that resembles durabuck as much as it could.. and even tried to replicate that contrast heel panel in to this shoe to resemble the OG’s and 00’s that much more.

I applaud JB for it. I really do.

Back
Top Bottom