2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Bears fan sighting. Interesting. There must be some excitement surrounding them this year.

btw get that Trubisky picture the **** outa here lol

They definitely went ghost. I think one or two of them jumped ship completely and claimed to not watch football anymore. :lol:

And I hope everyone's ready for the Niners fans to come back en masse.

Everyone’s favorite stanfan bout to be walkin in here like Vince McMahon

#NotMyFellowAFCE

gettyimages-853069464.jpg

nah

if we taking versatility rod > charles

Argument can be made for either, really. Chuck could definitely play safety though and was just as versatile in my opinion. He had his most tackles in a season in his second to last season. Rod was also mostly a free safety. Charles played both I believe. It's splitting hairs really, which is why it's hard to argue. I think Charles was also a slightly better playmaker. More sacks and forces fumbles is what helps decide it for me. Charles was very good at getting to the quarterback.

Argument can be made for either, really. Chuck could definitely play safety though and was just as versatile in my opinion. He had his most tackles in a season in his second to last season. Rod was also mostly a free safety. Charles played both I believe. It's splitting hairs really, which is why it's hard to argue. I think Charles was also a slightly better playmaker. More sacks and forces fumbles is what helps decide it for me. Charles was very good at getting to the quarterback.

I'd take Rod as a corner and free safety over Charles, easily..

But Charles might be better for that hybrid role every team needs now, could I'd say he'd be better at the LB stuff

Like Charles is a dude I'd like to just get on the field and kinda let loose, so I'd either want his as the nickel LB or 3rd safety

This Charles Woodson slander will not be tolerated. He is the GOAT point blank period. Wheres RODs heisman?

I'd take Rod as a corner and free safety over Charles, easily..

But Charles might be better for that hybrid role every team needs now, could I'd say he'd be better at the LB stuff

Like Charles is a dude I'd like to just get on the field and kinda let loose, so I'd either want his as the nickel LB or 3rd safety

Yeah, but you said if we're talking versatility you would take Rod. Now you say Charles is better at a hybrid role, but does that not show he's more versatile? I think it's perfectly fair to say Rod was better, but it seemed like you said that because he was more versatile. I don't think that's the argument that puts Rod over Charles and I definitely wouldn't say it's easy.

I remember Rod as being a tougher defender than Charles. A play it straight up, knock you in the mouth, physical player. Charles wasn't that. He was more finesse and his sacks were more craft than it was physicality. Both got the job done, but in different ways.

Yeah, but you said if we're talking versatility you would take Rod. Now you say Charles is better at a hybrid role, but does that not show he's more versatile? I think it's perfectly fair to say Rod was better, but it seemed like you said that because he was more versatile. I don't think that's the argument that puts Rod over Charles and I definitely wouldn't say it's easy.

Just mean as a DB.. Charles is more a playmaker but there were a decent amount of guys better than him as CB and then there were the pure safety guys he definitely ain't over

Rod was great at both spots

This comes as bit of a surprise to me, Stephen Ross seemed to be a bit more progressive than the Jurrah types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom