2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mahomes has Kelce/Hill/Hunt/Watkins. Brees has Thomas/Kumara and that’s about it. Ingram isn’t a great pass catching RB so I give the edge to Brees. Brees would’ve beat the Pats and Rams with those weapons

Other than the strip fumble where he held on to the ball I don't fault him much. He was trying to make a play late and forced a ball.

Fumble hands Scandrick makes a pick and this game is over.

Give me a healthy Watkins and EB and I like the Chiefs chances at a rematch.

Both fumbles were terrible imo. He gotta learn to protect the ball. Every weakside sack can't be a fumble. But the second one should have been recovered obviously. I fault him more for those than the picks. I don't think the picks lost the game. The fumbles did. That and that dropped INT obviously. Along with the overall sloppy first half. Most of the errors that lead to the loss are fixable, but the penalties have GOT TO STOP. It's been a big issue for a minute now, and it's not looking to change anytime soon.

I don't think EB and Watkins are coming back healthy this yr, EB ever again (healthy). That injury he has is debilitating to play through. He might give us 4 or 5 games at 75%. He really needs that surgery, and I think we're done paying him as one of the highest paid safeties for 3 games/yr almost on the wrong side of 30. Watkins I just have no faith in his papier mache feet/ankles.

We need to stop the system QB narrative. Aside from McCarthy, when people mention Brady they bring up Belichik. When people bring up Goff, they mention Mcvay. When people bring up Brees, they mention Payton. A lot of great QBs have great coaches who allow them to flourish. Some of y’all expect a player with a trash system to ball out. Rodgers has a bad play calling coach and his team is below .500 and dude is a top 10 all time QB talent wise. So let’s cut that out

I still remember when Sean Mannion was better than Goff.

This is cute, but you know what they say about hindsight.

I will continue to eat the crow you seem intent on serving every year these days but let's be clear, You responded to that very post back in summer 2016 and you DID NOT have the foresight to even disagree with the statement. :lol:

"Goff needed game time to find out" - logical, astute, but let's just the paint the backdrop appropriately now.

I admitted back then that that was a real hot take, and that my critical outlook was almost entirely based on the stupidity and fun boy demeanor Goff presented on hardnocks in preseason, not on any actual viewing or insight aside from a couple of games in person throughout his career at Cal. That boy Goff was playing possum, intentionally trying to look stupid, pretending **** like he didn't know what direction the sun rises. :smh:

I was dead wrong and basing my takes on baseless information - keep feeding me that bird though. I'll clean the plate - that's why I rarely speak out my ***.

Don't get too cocky, your shiny new bad boy toy could be looking like vagina in full menstruation on TV the very next season dog. TRUST me I know.

That game...

HonestUnnaturalCuscus-small.gif

Props to LA for doing the AFC a solid

Mahomes is legit looking like a generational talent

Same was being said about Colin Kap a few years ago when he took the Niners to the Superbowl against Ray Lewis and the Ravens.

I think Kaepernick made you rethink because it was like a great running quarterback in a great system.

Mahomes makes me rethink because it’s like the gunslinger with elite athleticism who can hit every area of the field.

It’s different.

We need to stop the system QB narrative. Aside from McCarthy, when people mention Brady they bring up Belichik. When people bring up Goff, they mention Mcvay. When people bring up Brees, they mention Payton. A lot of great QBs have great coaches who allow them to flourish. Some of y’all expect a player with a trash system to ball out. Rodgers has a bad play calling coach and his team is below .500 and dude is a top 10 all time QB talent wise. So let’s cut that out

Ok so where does that put Big Ben and Phillip Rivers who are HOF QB's in their own rights but have gone through different coaches throughout their careers and have put great #'s throughout their careers.

Ok so where does that put Big Ben and Phillip Rivers who are HOF QB's in their own rights but have gone through different coaches throughout their careers and have put great #'s throughout their careers.

What has Philip Rivers won? I think he’s a great QB but he was never put in a position to win big and go on a deep playoff run whether it was poor play calling or bad roster management. And both of Big Ben’s rings came with Mike Tomlin. And his front office surrounded him with guys like Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Brown, Le’Veon, Juju, etc

Eli was pretty great with Coughlin :frown:

What has Philip Rivers won? I think he’s a great QB but he was never put in a position to win big and go on a deep playoff run whether it was poor play calling or bad roster management. And both of Big Ben’s rings came with Mike Tomlin. And his front office surrounded him with guys like Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Antonio Brown, Le’Veon, Juju, etc

He took the Chargers to the AFC Championship game on a bad ACL tear that he had overnight surgery on while LT sat like a B*tch on the sidelines that year and nearly won that damn game. Also look up Dan Fouts & Dan Marino and tell them they don't deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame because they never won a ring. Yeah good argument there champ.

Mahomes makes me rethink because it’s like the gunslinger with elite athleticism who can hit every area of the field.

It’s different.

I know he’ll get compared to Favre because of that but I’ve seen enough early Favre footage that Mahomes does remind me a lot of him, as far as raw talent goes.

Where his future goes will be all on how he approaches the game. While Favre was indeed a gunslinger who would rather apologize than ask for permission, Mahomes comes across like he’ll be more in line to what Andy calls. Maybe it’s that millennial thing where youngsters just aren’t as rebellious as folks were back in the day, I don’t know:lol:

He took the Chargers to the AFC Championship game on a bad ACL tear that he had overnight surgery on while LT sat like a B*tch on the sidelines that year and nearly won that damn game. Also look up Dan Fouts & Dan Marino and tell them they don't deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame because they never won a ring. Yeah good argument there champ.

You can’t compare Marino to Rivers bro lol. Like I previously said, Rivers is a great QB but we’re not about to throw him in a Rivers vs Marino argument.

Eli was pretty great with Coughlin :frown:

Perfect example. Throw the current offensive weapons on those two Super Bowl teams and Giants probably win another 1-2 rings with Eli playing under Coughlin. Coughlin was conservative but he knew Eli’s strength, hence Eli played best in his “system”

You can’t compare Marino to Rivers bro lol. Like I previously said, Rivers is a great QB but we’re not about to throw him in a Rivers vs Marino argument.

Look up the stats and wash yourself B.

https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-yards

The stats are comparable Between Marino & Rivers. Which Philip will pass him in career passing yards by the next season. Also consider the fact that Rivers rode the bench behind Brees for 2 years.

Oh and he's already past HOF John Elway.

Look up the stats and wash yourself B.

https://www.footballdb.com/leaders/career-passing-yards

The stats are comparable Between Marino & Rivers. Which Philip will pass him in career passing yards by the next season. Also consider the fact that Rivers rode the bench behind Brees for 2 years.

Oh and he's already past HOF John Elway.

I respect your opinion bro. I’m just not gonna pick Rivers over Marino off stats alone. Rivers not even top 3 right now. Big Ben, Brees, Brady, Rodgers all better than him. But that’s clearly just my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom