2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Baker was misguided with his comments but i'm PRO talking your ****. Say what you gotta say.

The team clearly didn't **** with Hue like people assumed.

Between Baker comments & That Pick and tossing the rock to Hue on the sidelines, safe to say they glad he gone.

I think they’re trying to use Hue to manufacture some sort of chip on their shoulder for motivation

What else is he supposed to say?

as an overly competitive person myself, i know i've had some petty stuff when it comes time for competition.. but it aint never been my job and have real world ramifications

hell, pretty sure i saw that baker differentiated his situation of switching schools within the bit 12 because of need (think he talked about scholarship.. but i'd argue this the same thing)

but practically speaking, hue has to get the stank of whatever his record with the browns was as quick as possible or he could very well be out of the league for good quick and forgotten.. and gotta wonder how many friends he got that are in positions of power that would let him take some sort of position on the offensive staff to get something good attached with his name

like i look at brent celek from the eagles, we cut him to free up money.. the cowboys called because they had a TE need.. i mean it's cool he played his whole career with us and would have sucked to see him in dallas.. but go get that money, we had a chance to prevent that even being a topic of conversation by not cutting him

If y'all had your pick of a great RB or great WR who you taking?

I'm going with a RB in today's NFL.

Someone like Gurley who can run it 25 times and catch it 5 times vs a WR who can maybe get 7-8 catches per game, I'd go with the RB.

Thing is, so much of it is reliant on something else. Gurley with a trash oline doesn't help anything. OBJ with a trash QB/oline doesn't help anything. You still gotta bring multiple other components to the party.

Someone like Gurley who can run it 25 times and catch it 5 times vs a WR who can maybe get 7-8 catches per game, I'd go with the RB.

Thing is, so much of it is reliant on something else. Gurley with a trash oline doesn't help anything. OBJ with a trash QB/oline doesn't help anything. You still gotta bring multiple other components to the party.

no RB should be running it 25 times a game.. unless it's a huge game and you're going for broke

i'd say you're looking for around 25 touches per game.. 15-18 rushes and 5-8 receptions

also comparing gurley to OBJ, for someone so focused on all aspects of a football team is a bit disingenuous.. i wouldnt put OBJ's coach, QB or OLine any where near the realm of what gurley is working with

i mean we did see gurley with jeff fisher

^

Surprised he didn't become an OC in the NFL.

YUP.. i mean i get he can be the USC coach real soon.. but if he did work with an NFL offense, he could be a hot HC candidate real quick

i mean really who are the top 5 heading coaching candidates right now?

flip.. someone(s) from KC.. lincoln riley.. then who else?

So someone dug into that Rodgers 4th quarter stat here is the same stat for other QB’s

Brady is is 10-32
Russ is 4-17
Manning is 8-45
Brees is 5-46
Rodgers is 2-29

Number of times Kevin Lanflisi has penetrated the all-time great QBs:
Tom Brady - 0
Peyton Manning - 0
Joe Montana - 0
Drew Brees - 0
Aaron Rodgers - 343

I ended up getting a ticket to the Cowboys saints game tonight since I had nothing else better to do while in Dallas.

Anyone else going and down to link up before the game. Grab a beer at that Texas live spot or what not.

YUP.. i mean i get he can be the USC coach real soon.. but if he did work with an NFL offense, he could be a hot HC candidate real quick

i mean really who are the top 5 heading coaching candidates right now?

flip.. someone(s) from KC.. lincoln riley.. then who else?

Right. IDK who is out there

Arians / Mccarthy / Flip / Whoever KC got / Lincoln Riley

Kilff would be up there as a hot OC for someone.

I doubt there's a retread wit someone like Whisenhunt from LAC.

Teams are going offense heavy so I do not see Fangio leaving the Bears as a DC to go be a HC somewhere. He's paid well to do what he does and at 60 Idk who is hiring a 60 year old Defensive HC in todays game

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom