2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
thats literally one guy. FOr every Cox, I can name a Haynesworth or Suh.

And his contract isnt even what it really entails. He won't see the last 3 years of that deal. Lets be real. He's looking at 2/$40M or 3/$60M at best. Donald ain't going for that.

Its too much money for a dline guy. $20M per? No thanks. They are trying to use him for the next two years. I truly believe they will let him walk unless he decreases his demans, which he shouldnt. Somebody will pay him that money. I just hope it isnt us.
Man, I was listening to the ringer nfl podcast last month and when they broke down that Donald can play out this season and still be franchised twice for less then the contract he's looking for :sick:.

Many feel that Donald wants to reset the market for elite edge rushers when the Rams can tag him at DT money. Its a bad situation for him but its smarter for the Rams to just tag him, he'll be pissed but nobody sits for too long and lose out on money they dont have yet.

Donald shouldn’t eem show up this season.

He held out last year and when he came back he won DPOY :lol:

They’re tryna use all of the good years up for the cheap.
as they should, as a team. Can't really blame either side, to be honest. Get that bag, but as a team, they have a lot of guys they need to pay. I trust in Wade's ability to field a good defense without Donald.

Man, I was listening to the ringer nfl podcast last month and when they broke down that Donald can play out this season and still be franchised twice for less then the contract he's looking for :sick:.

Many feel that Donald wants to reset the market for elite edge rushers when the Rams can tag him at DT money. Its a bad situation for him but its smarter for the Rams to just tag him, he'll be pissed but nobody sits for too long and lose out on money they dont have yet.
exactly. He really doesnt have a pot to piss in. He's locked up for 3 more years if the Rams wanted to. Why wouldnt they? 3 years is a lot of damage he's going to put on his body. I see the tactic they are using. If they sign him right now, we're ******. Nobody else legit can be signed except for when its Goff's turn

Aaron Donald better than all those guys tho
I'm talking about big contracts for d-linemen. It never really works out whenever someone sets the bar. Of course he's better, but why give him a deal when you can technically have him for 3 more years with no guarantee money?

Lets all stop being fans for a minute.

thats literally one guy. FOr every Cox, I can name a Haynesworth or Suh.

And his contract isnt even what it really entails. He won't see the last 3 years of that deal. Lets be real. He's looking at 2/$40M or 3/$60M at best. Donald ain't going for that.

donald is actually a legit pass rusher from the middle though, plus you can line him all over the line.. those are the DTs you pay, especially with the offenses today

those guys have more value than any other player on the defense, right now with so many teams resorting to the short passing game.. having the ability to collapse the pocket from the middle is your biggest benefit to a defense right now

suh was always miscast in the role of a 3 tech.. and haynesworth just gave up after getting paid

They can tag him until his late 20’s to only hit him with the “well you are getting up there in age”

He was too good; too early. The same problem Odell has.

The next CBA should be a ball.

Other than QB this position slated salary thing is dumb as hell. If you’re elite you're elite that’s it.

Last edited:
I can get being hesitant paying Donald but I don't get trading for a second rate receiver the Pats got tired of after a year and signing him to an extension especially after having Sammy Watkins fail

donald is actually a legit pass rusher from the middle though, plus you can line him all over the line.. those are the DTs you pay, especially with the offenses today

those guys have more value than any other player on the defense, right now with so many teams resorting to the short passing game.. having the ability to collapse the pocket from the middle is your biggest benefit to a defense right now

suh was always miscast in the role of a 3 tech.. and haynesworth just gave up after getting paid
but Donald can be a ram for the next 3 years. I just dont see any reason why the Rams need to sign him right now. None. I'll be pissed if they signed him now.

They can tag him until his late 20’s to only hit him with the “well you are getting up there in age”

Other than QB this position slated salary thing is dumb as hell. If I’m elite I’m elite that’s it.

this is a great point. Its crazy to think he still has one more year on his deal and can;'t be franchised. You'd think he was being franchised now.

i'm paying donald before anyone else on that team

and if i'm pulling that 5 year rookie deal plus tagging a guy continually, i'm doing it to gurley (especially since he had at least 1 serious knee injury i can remember).. cooks has to earn any deal he gets and i'm giving consideration to letting him walk and getting the compensatory pick

goff is in the the same boat with cooks, since they gotta prove it before i gotta commit QB money

Other than QB this position slated salary thing is dumb as hell. If I’m elite I’m elite that’s it.

Odell will eventually get paid but seeing the back and fourth with Gettleman is going to be a sight to see. I'm sure one stipulation for him becoming the Giants GM was the ownership wouldn't interfere with his job and let him make the hard decisions. Pulling Normans tag rubbed Richardson the wrong way but Gettleman not wanting to extend Davis and Olsen was the last straw for Jerry.

Gettleman preaches that both sides are happy with the deal and that if one side isn't happy then why are you signing it and I find it hard to believe that he'll be happy giving Odell what he wants. Barkley deal was shocking BUT Dave loves his running backs, the way that mans face lit up when reporters asked him about Gurley possibly sliding to the panthers that year was amazing :rofl:

I can get being hesitant paying Donald but I don't get trading for a second rate receiver the Pats got tired of after a year and signing him to an extension especially after having Sammy Watkins fail
here's what i think the rams are doing. They want to give players money. And doing it early, while "setting the bar," gets in front of it before others set it. So with Gurley, yes, its earlier than they needed to do, but they didnt want someone else to set the bar and then have to get close to that. I believe had they waited with Gurley, by the time they signed him, we'd be looking at $18M. So sign him now and he'll be considered "cheap" in 3 years.

Same with Cooks. He's getting paid top 5 money, but in 2 years, he might not even be top 10. Rams have obviously seen enough to know he;s worth it to them. He's literally getting the same per year as Sammie, but he's better.

Gurley's signing basically told Donald he's being franchised.

Is Donald the best player on the Rams? Sure, I won't really argue it, although i feel Gurley is more important. But $20M for a interior linemen is insane. The Rams feel the same way.

Welcome to being franchised Aaron.

here's what i think the rams are doing. They want to give players money. And doing it early, while "setting the bar," gets in front of it before others set it. So with Gurley, yes, its earlier than they needed to do, but they didnt want someone else to set the bar and then have to get close to that. I believe had they waited with Gurley, by the time they signed him, we'd be looking at $18M. So sign him now and he'll be considered "cheap" in 3 years.

Gurley's signing basically told Donald he's being franchised.
Pretty much since Donald IS the bar, doesn't matter who signs what, he'll make more. But like you siad you can knock Gurley out before Bell, Johnson, and Zeke get something crazy.

casper90403 casper90403 I get your point.. but I dont think the contracts you guys are giving out are below market value maybe cooks slightly cause sammy Watkins deal is that absurd

The eagles are notorious with doing what you mentioned.. it's why we have ertz and lane at deals far below their market value

But rams are going be interesting after this 2-3 year period when they've gone all in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom