2023 Official MLB Season Thread

Sheffield is in the very good category for me and not HOF. You won't find impressive stats by Omar though. He's arguably the greatest defensive shortstop of all-time. That's his ticket.

Stahp. Ozzie Smith >>>>> Vizquel

The whole "doesn't deserve to be unanimous" thing is so dumb. Just because Mickey Mantle or Nolan Ryan weren't unanimous doesn't mean future players should suffer.

Jeter is the definition of a unanimous Hall of Famer. So is Griffey. So are countless other players.

The whole "doesn't deserve to be unanimous" thing is so dumb. Just because Mickey Mantle or Nolan Ryan weren't unanimous doesn't mean future players should suffer.

Jeter is the definition of a unanimous Hall of Famer. So is Griffey.

What does being unanimous get you though? I think it's all frivolous so long as they get in.

What does being unanimous get you though? I think it's all frivolous so long as they get in.

At the end of the day, yeah, it means nothing.

My point is there's some players where you can't seriously look at their career and say "Nah, he's not a Hall of Famer". Jeter is one of those guys that's undeniable.

At the end of the day, yeah, it means nothing.

My point is there's some players where you can't seriously look at their career and say "Nah, he's not a Hall of Famer". Jeter is one of those guys that's undeniable.

You know some of these baseball writers petty as hell though.

Jeter overrated and doesn’t belong, hahahaha

Great numbers, showed up in the playoffs and was the face of a team and the leader of 5 championships.

You can say he was in a perfect situation and was surrounded by great players but he did his job and is one of the best

Yeah, Jeter most definitely belongs. 3000 hits is one of those baseline standard for most voters, similar to 500 HRs, and Jeter is well over that. Was he overrated? Of course. However as much as most of us hated the Yanks, as baseball fans you have to acknowledge the man balled the hell out. That period with him, Nomar, and A-Rod shape why I even care about the sport despite being in the demographic that should have no business still giving a damn about it.

Back
Top Bottom