2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

They probably don't like the term "coach", too harsh and demanding. KD and Kyrie don't like that old school language. They prefer "partner" or "advocate"
1017392.jpg

EeOr7tIWoAEhZIT.jpg

tenor.gif

Nets gone be there though
Too many factors going against them and assumptions that need to hold true for them to make the Finals. It's assuming that KD and Kyrie, both coming off of injuries, are healthy through the regular season and the playoffs. I expect Kyrie to be 100% healthy going forward but the biggest factor in the nets being a real contender is KD being at least 90% of the guy he was the last time he saw him.

On top of that, they have a first time head coach who's trying to assimilate two superstars into a band of overachieving grinders. It's a similar situation to The one the Clippers were in last season. We can't just assume that the pieces will just fit together. The Nets certainly have the talent to make the finals but I don't see them doing it

Too many factors going against them and assumptions that need to hold true for them to make the Finals. It's assuming that KD and Kyrie, both coming off of injuries, are healthy through the regular season and the playoffs. I expect Kyrie to be 100% healthy going forward but the biggest factor in the nets being a real contender is KD being at least 90% of the guy he was the last time he saw him.

On top of that, they have a first time head coach who's trying to assimilate two superstars into a band of overachieving grinders. It's a similar situation to The one the Clippers were in last season. We can't just assume that the pieces will just fit together. The Nets certainly have the talent to make the finals but I don't see them doing it

Eh I think their situation is more closely going to mirror the Lakers moreso than the Clippers. They should cruise through the East pending health. Their pieces on paper fit better.

Eh I think their situation is more closely going to mirror the Lakers moreso than the Clippers. They should cruise through the East pending health.

Health shouldn't be taken for granted though. When's the last time Kyrie made it through an entire season, regular season and playoffs, without an injury? Also, it's a huge assumption to make that KD will be close to where he was pre-injury. He's not as super heavy player and his game isn't reliant on fast twitch athleticism but most athletes never look the same after that type of injury.

Health shouldn't be taken for granted though. When's the last time Kyrie made it through an entire season, regular season and playoffs, without an injury? Also, it's a huge assumption to make that KD will be close to where he was pre-injury. He's not as super heavy player and his game isn't reliant on fast twitch athleticism but most athletes never look the same after that type of injury.

As long as KD is able to play the majority of the games they'll be fine. Myrie has been injury prone for sure, but so was AD. I'm banking on both of them being able to play at least 60 of the 72 games together and they'll win the East.

Matter of fact Myrie MVP candidates season on the way.

Back
Top Bottom