2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

We played the way we played in Houston because that was the best way to utilize the talent we had in Houston. Doc [Rivers] knows how to win more than me, frankly, he’s one ring ahead of me. He’s going to figure out how best to use it. It doesn’t have to be a three, it can be in transition. …

The goal is not to shoot 3-pointers. The goal is to win. You can score on offense in a whole bunch of different ways. Joel happens to be one of the most efficient post-up players in the league. I used to get the question in Houston, which was like, ‘What would you do if you had Shaq?’ My answer was, ‘I would give Shaq the ball 100 times a game.’ Joel is a talent on both ends.

We played the way we played in Houston because that was the best way to utilize the talent we had in Houston. Doc [Rivers] knows how to win more than me, frankly, he’s one ring ahead of me. He’s going to figure out how best to use it. It doesn’t have to be a three, it can be in transition. …

The goal is not to shoot 3-pointers. The goal is to win. You can score on offense in a whole bunch of different ways. Joel happens to be one of the most efficient post-up players in the league. I used to get the question in Houston, which was like, ‘What would you do if you had Shaq?’ My answer was, ‘I would give Shaq the ball 100 times a game.’ Joel is a talent on both ends.

You taking your talents to Philly? 👀

Malik Rose and Avery Johnson fought naked too, and Nate Robinson iirc told a story about getting in a fight in the showers. Old public YMCA *** shenanigans. "Boy soon as I get dressed Im'a whoop yo' ***."

Favorite NBA fight story is when Jerry Stackhouse put the paws on Kirk Snyder though, and Chris Humphries who was a rookie was right there and did nothing and then them 2 got on the Jazz bus, Kirk leaking, like nothing happened. I can see them too now his clothes all ripped and sweaty and bloody just walk in and sit in the back making eye contact with no1
kirk snyder downfall is a sad story
think he ended up in prison for awhile and was struggling with mental health
wonder what happened to him

nothing beats chris mills holding up the blazers team bus with his piece after the gm. damon stoudemire who played with mills in college at arizona told his teammates that mills always carried and told them not to step off the bus :lol: the man was ready to fight the jailblazers with just his entourage that was with him that night

Morey went from small Harden to big Harden.

Can't wait to see Embiid shoot 20 fts a game.

Back
Top Bottom