2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

How so?

Let’s think first about how Jrue Holiday is, in fact, rated. I think most people think of him as good starting guard who plays both sides of the ball, which he is.

Don’t really see to many people acting like he’s a upper tier star (except for David Griffin saying he was going to be an MVP candidate before last season).

How so?

Let’s think first about how Jrue Holiday is, in fact, rated. I think most people think of him as good starting guard who plays both sides of the ball, which he is.

Don’t really see to many people acting like he’s a upper tier star (except for David Griffin saying he was going to be an MVP candidate before last season).

No doubt he's a good, even great, player but the #2 overall pick + more for him?

How so?

If Griffin did say that, he is just trying to pump up his stock. He doesn't really believe that. Draft coming at the end of the month and Pels trying to grab another piece.

What would a trade look like? I would say it would have to be Tobias (who would fit well with the Pels) but I am sure the Pels will get better offers.

DO IT MOREY!

^ Felt good saying that!
They can have J Rich/Al/21/Zhaire for Jrue/JJ

or Tobias for Jrue + salary

Why would the Pels want Wiggins though? They clearly have the superior player in Ingram.

And who would they choose for #2?

depends on who they value at #2. And if you can trick the dubs into the 2021 pick. Wiggins and ingram could play together, not saying they’d be good.

Jrue Holiday coming off an all star season @ 23 years old was traded for the 5th pick in another weak draft 2013.

You mean to tell me 7 years later @ 30...he's worth a #2 pick...AND another pick which could up in the high lottery in a deeper draft?

Math seems off to me. Especially not for a player that's going to push you over the top.

Mike Conley syndrome.

And this is coming from a guy who likes both those players.

Jrue Holiday coming off an all star season @ 23 years old was traded for the 5th pick in another weak draft 2013.

You mean to tell me 7 years later @ 30...he's worth a #2 pick...AND another pick which could up in the high lottery in a deeper draft?

Math seems off to me. Especially not for a player that's going to push you over the top.

I agree, but his value has gotten bigger through the years. He has name value. Back in 2013 people were like Jrue, meh. Now it's like Jrue?? That dude is a lockdown defender.

But I agree with your point. Warriors aren't giving all that up for Jrue.

Jrue’s a perfect fit on any team but GSW really needs another guy who can guard bigger forwards.

Wiggins was supposed to develop into that guy :lol:

I'd rather have Anthony Edwards and Andrew Wiggins than Jrue Holiday if I were Golden State.

Wiggins is an awful contract, but he's not a completely awful player. He can basically be what Harrison Barnes was for them. Athletic wing that's a useful starter.

Draft Edwards and basically force him to exert energy on defense. Whatever he does offensively is a bonus. You then actually have a talented young player for the post-Curry years down the line.

Back
Top Bottom