2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

From the Bill Simmons Podcast from the ringer,

Ryan Russillo states that: "I’ve heard Gordon Hayward does want out, but I don’t know if he’s gonna get the money. He’s not opting out of that huge number unless he knows he’s getting the deal."

He also talks about CP3's trade destinations and said that "I’ve been told that they’re not going to just send Chris Paul somewhere that sucks. He’ll have some say"

Surprised the Pelicans would decide to shop Jrue so fast after hiring SVG though.

6DA2051B-E0AC-4380-81E5-6EBAE4481149.jpeg

From the Bill Simmons Podcast from the ringer,

Ryan Russillo states that: "I’ve heard Gordon Hayward does want out, but I don’t know if he’s gonna get the money. He’s not opting out of that huge number unless he knows he’s getting the deal."

He also talks about CP3's trade destinations and said that "I’ve been told that they’re not going to just send Chris Paul somewhere that sucks. He’ll have some say"

Not sure why, but the phrasing “they’re not going to just send [him] somewhere that sucks” really has me :lol:

Yanni to Miami definitely happening
I’ve been trying to ignore “sources” and tweet reporting for a while now but is there any reason for yo going to Miami? He said or did anything or that’s just what ppl trying out in the air ?

I’ve been trying to ignore “sources” and tweet reporting for a while now but is there any reason for yo going to Miami? He said or did anything or that’s just what ppl trying out in the air ?

He apparently has a home in Miami. Beyond that, I’m not clear on why there’s so much buzz about him winding up with the Heat. He’d fit with “Heat culture”, I guess?

hmm.
ball Brother backcourt 🙃
Edwards with no vets 🙃

looks like a lose lose to me
Enter Golden State. What if the Warriors made New Orleans a Godfather offer: We’ll give you the second overall pick this year and the Minnesota pick in 2021. But there’s a catch: You have to take Wiggins and Looney, and send us Holiday and J.J. Redick while you’re at it.

New Orleans walks away with two high firsts but has three years of paying Wiggins on unfriendly terms ($100 million. Egads). The Pelicans can probably handle that – his number comes off their books just as Williamson would be hitting his rookie extension.

From Golden State’s perspective, putting the two contracts and the second pick into a Holiday-Redick deal would make their tax situation for the coming year less insanely onerous, which likely matters given the questionable ticket revenue coming this season. The Warriors wouldn’t have to use their Iguodala trade exception to make this trade either, which potentially leaves other avenues open. (One I’ve suggested before: Acquiring Rudy Gay for a second-round pick).

And the Pelicans walk away with an ugly contract, yes, but also a lower payroll and two very valuable draft picks. Reuniting the Ball brothers probably isn’t the cards, but if Edwards is the guy at number 2, he fits very well with Ingram and Williamson.

So, Holiday-Wiggins-No. 2 is my top fantasy trade right now.

Dare to dream people, we have nearly two months of this. For now, however, the big takeaway is that picks near the top of the draft are likely to be as available as they’ve been in a long time … if you can find a team willing to pay the sticker price for them.

Enter Golden State. What if the Warriors made New Orleans a Godfather offer: We’ll give you the second overall pick this year and the Minnesota pick in 2021. But there’s a catch: You have to take Wiggins and Looney, and send us Holiday and J.J. Redick while you’re at it.

New Orleans walks away with two high firsts but has three years of paying Wiggins on unfriendly terms ($100 million. Egads). The Pelicans can probably handle that – his number comes off their books just as Williamson would be hitting his rookie extension.

From Golden State’s perspective, putting the two contracts and the second pick into a Holiday-Redick deal would make their tax situation for the coming year less insanely onerous, which likely matters given the questionable ticket revenue coming this season. The Warriors wouldn’t have to use their Iguodala trade exception to make this trade either, which potentially leaves other avenues open. (One I’ve suggested before: Acquiring Rudy Gay for a second-round pick).

And the Pelicans walk away with an ugly contract, yes, but also a lower payroll and two very valuable draft picks. Reuniting the Ball brothers probably isn’t the cards, but if Edwards is the guy at number 2, he fits very well with Ingram and Williamson.

So, Holiday-Wiggins-No. 2 is my top fantasy trade right now.

Dare to dream people, we have nearly two months of this. For now, however, the big takeaway is that picks near the top of the draft are likely to be as available as they’ve been in a long time … if you can find a team willing to pay the sticker price for them.

Ok so if Edwards goes #1, you take lamelo and trade Lonzo? Pass on Lamelo for for wiseman when you just drafted Hayes? Take Deni and clog up the 4 minutes? Obi/Zion?

where’s Freddy fog to make it make sense

Back
Top Bottom