2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

my gut feeling watching them almost every game that last season they were together, Harden didn’t like being held accountable and CP3 wasn’t going to let him slide.

FilthyDeadlyBoutu-size_restricted.gif

CP3's reaction said it all. he wasn't about to keep playin with son after being disrespected like that.

Harden's the alpha and the omega for Houston. it's time for them to trade him for a new future and restart the franchise. new coach, new GM, new players

A healthy Kevon Looney is a good sight. He looks in great shape. Basically had over a year and a half off to recover since the 2019 finals. That’s the big depth, that’s understated on this Warriors team. Wondering if they pick up Baynes or something. I know Kerr is high on Chriss....but ion trust him. Baynes, Looney Is a hell of a front court rotation.

A healthy Kevon Looney is a good sight. He looks in great shape. Basically had over a year and a half off to recover since the 2019 finals. That’s the big depth, that’s understated on this Warriors team. Wondering if they pick up Baynes or something. I know Kerr is high on Chriss....but ion trust him. Baynes, Looney Is a hell of a front court rotation.
Baynes gonna be worth more than that taxpayer MLE. Can make almost twice as much with the non-taxpayer MLE by staying in PHX, who definitely would like him back.

Your not winning a championship with a High Volume Shooter (who isn't extremely efficient) who is average at defense on his best days. It has always been the case & i don't know why we gotta have this discussion every few weeks

Harden is an ultimate floor raiser, which is cool. But to those who actually care about winning it all he's proven time & time again that he's not that guy.

Your not winning a championship with a High Volume Shooter (who isn't extremely efficient) who is average at defense on his best days. It has always been the case & i don't know why we gotta have this discussion every few weeks

Harden is an ultimate floor raiser, which is cool. But to those who actually care about winning it all he's proven time & time again that he's not that guy.

He came close to beating Golden state a few years ago

Harden only cares about his stats and getting MVPs his bastardized play of ball has alienated every good teammate he's had. His best friend don't even wanna play with him anymore. He's had every opportunity to excel in different situations where it's mattered most and overwhelmingly he underachieved no matter what opponent he's had to face. To continue to try and defend him is just folly. He needs somebody who's better than he is to be the number 1 guy on a team and a coach that will hold him accountable.

Which guy is this post about again?

Outside of the 4 I named, AD, Giannis, Harden probably the next up.

AD got to play with Bron. He won.
Giannis has had fringe all-star Khris Middleton as his best teammate.
Harden and KD were too young when they played together. Other than that hasn't played with an all-star wing. He's had Worthless Westbrook and banged up CP.

Hard to just hate on those guys just because they haven't had a teammate that was equal or superior to them.

The way Houston collapsed in that game 6 shows me they wouldn't have beat the Cavs even if they somehow made it to the Finals. If harden hasn't had good enough teammates I think that's a reflection of how difficult it is to accommodate his style of play. That's back to back seasons elite guards have complained about the harden system. Even Trevor ariza had talked about the culture and lack of accountability within the org towards it's stars.

Harden is as responsible as anyone on the rockets over the past 8 seasons if not moreso. You can't talk about how historic the rockets offense is when it's catered to his strengths and in the same breath say he's never been on good enough teams. There's no way I can fault Russ more than harden when harden is the one who wanted him in the first place when everybody knew it wasn't gonna work. And the only way it could've worked was for him to play off of Russ and adjust his game

Last edited:
Harden only cares about his stats and getting MVPs his bastardized play of ball has alienated every good teammate he's had. His best friend don't even wanna play with him anymore. He's had every opportunity to excel in different situations where it's mattered most and overwhelmingly he underachieved no matter what opponent he's had to face. To continue to try and defend him is just folly. He needs somebody who's better than he is to be the number 1 guy on a team and a coach that will hold him accountable. That's never happened in Houston not do I believe he wants it to.

These two posts apply to Westbrook more than Harden who yall stuck up for nonstop for years.

MVP was legit defending Westbrook while he was scrubbing it up vs the Lakers.

Hate is a crazy thing man.

That dude legit?

Anyway, Miami's ethos is literally the opposite of what James Harden is today lol

Hell with Jimmy, Tyler ****ing Herro might put hands on Jim first
Idk but it lines ups with what we’ve heard. Harden willing to commit to one more year but if there’s a true fire sale, he’s gonna want out and Harris/Horford for him gonna look real enticing

I think Looney could get dealt if the Warriors use that Trade Exception.

FilthyDeadlyBoutu-size_restricted.gif

CP3's reaction said it all. he wasn't about to keep playin with son after being disrespected like that.

Harden's the alpha and the omega for Houston. it's time for them to trade him for a new future and restart the franchise. new coach, new GM, new players

ive been saying Harden, his style, and his lack of accountability are the worse things to happen to the Rockets.

We could do this for so many other scenarios, Almost doesn't count

Especially when he played like complete garbage in games 6 & 7.

And they had the lead in both of those games and couldn’t close it out. Was too busy trying to jack up 3s and went like 0-23 or something.

I’m pretty sure it’s not what you’re saying, but let’s not act like they were a Daniel House away from winning lol.

And the only way it could've worked was for him to play off of Russ and adjust his game

And have you seen Harden play off ball lol
DFA7B690-584B-4F4E-95A1-F9BD6282DA41.png

Read through the last 10 pages and no one posted this

don’t even remotely see how he fits with the nets. A ball dominant, high volume shooter paired with two more ball dominant, high volume shooters? Makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom