2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

The organization's mismanagement of everything since Tilman bought the team is extremely frustrating. Gutted a 65 win team by being cheap, forced the GM to trade away assets to salary dump, caved to the superstar's demand against the GM's wishes and traded away CP for Russ. Complete organizational failure by a controlling owner that doesn't have the money to compete.

adding to this. It's a player's league. if a guy wants out, let him out. do right by the players and it'll come back to you. OKC realized they hit their ceiling and preemptively tore it down. tearing it down early instead of holding out hope and keeping it together will keep you in ruin longer. Now OKC has a run of picks and quality players.

If James and Russ both want out, don't fret about getting "the best" return. Just get the best return you can and position yourself to be like the nets where you can be a destination because of picks, players, and assets that a couple of stars would want to team up in your city.

Unfortunately, as long as Tilman is in charge, I don't think FAs are going to want to team up in Houston no matter the amount of picks and players we have.

Presti is going to flip Danny Green for a couple of seconds or a late first too.

Houston may blow it up but looks like the most valuable picks going forward by far are going to be their own. They're going to have to hit a couple home runs in the draft with all those cracks at it.

Dem tattoos right there ....chef kiss

400ABA6B-8FBC-418E-81AB-43BE130E9843.jpeg

I would fat up her belly. Granted she hit's other check boxes.

They should be a playoff team next season so they'll keep that pick, by the time 2024 rolls around Book going to be a UFA so they'll know where they stand at that point. Clock was already ticking on that they got 3 seasons basically to show him they're trying to compete. CP0 at least puts that in a good direction for now.
If the mandate is to make the playoffs, then I guess. OKC is likely getting their 22 or 23 pick though in loaded drafts. They’re in a tough situation because another year of losing and Book probably wants out, but I think OKC def won this deal.

Yep it’s done. Perhaps James Jones clips CP3 at the trade deadline and he goes further west to the Lakers?

They were the first to bring it up as a possibility that the Suns should think about.
Fair but that’s different than actually saying it happened a day before it could be announced lol I’m not vouching but he’s looking legit. Still weary but I want his Sixers news to be true |l

Back
Top Bottom