2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Think it's really a matter of the Clips not being as well managed a team as Toronto and SA.

For as overused as the term gets used at times, both those franchises very much have a strong and well ingrained culture of accountability and structure so they're a lot more equipped to deal with a no.1 sort of player and play to their strengths without sacrificing identity.

There's a lot stronger team leadership as well top to bottom from the FO, coaches bench and locker room so something like load management was never actually an issue there given Kawhi was just a piece/cog in the machine, not the engine/motherboard.

The Clips don't really have any of that or an established identity then so I'm not surprised how his addition might've thrown things off in the locker room since that's a very different squad in terms of mental make up.

I think Lue and Mr Big Shot will go a long way towards establishing that sort of environment in LA

isnt the load management the reason they didnt have " chemistry" tho ?

isnt skip always saying lakers needed rest whild the clippers needed reps?

everyone one a 3 month period to load manage
they lacked true leadership to keep guys from getting in their own way

They were up 3-1. There wasn’t any chemistry issues after game 4. Sure wasnt when they blew those double digit leads. No chemistry issues when PG, Bev and Lou were cackling at Dame. No issues when Morris was trying to punk Luka, where was that same energy for the nuggets? They couldn’t check joker. They couldn’t check murray. They couldn’t check anyone all year. Own it

and Kawhi load managed the previous year as a rental. He probably lived in Minneapolis too.

I don't think it's Kawhi slander to say he's not a strong leader.

My understanding is there was turmoil in the Toronto locker room over Kawhi's "privileges"

but ultimately we had a strong leadership group (aka Kyle Lowry)

the Clips had Paul George, Marcus Morris, Lemmon Pepper Lou ect :lol:

Clips will be fine i think,

I think Ty Lue won't play Montrez Harrell a trillion minutes in game 7 even though he sucked.

that alone will solve a lot of problems.

IMO that’s what’s gonna happen. I say they do it next season after a disappointing upcoming season. Russ gon be left behind.
Hoping he ends up on the Lakers
I don't think it's Kawhi slander to say he's not a strong leader.

My understanding is there was turmoil in the Toronto locker room over Kawhi's "privileges"

but ultimately we had a strong leadership group (aka Kyle Lowry)

the Clips had Paul George, Marcus Morris, Lemmon Pepper Lou ect :lol:
I agree especially when gasol came over mid season. That’s Lowry gasol serge and then selfless guys like green and fvv

Def come to respect that group more as the seasons go by

the clippers just werent that talented. and when their two stars didnt show up nobody else stepped up in their place

none of their bigs could handle jokic. trez was a straight up defensive liability. lou will is useless if he aint providing buckets. pat beverly was who russ thought he was.

pg did a good job on murray but was pretty erratic offensively

didnt kawhi have horrible 4th quarters in the denver series? probably due to conditioning problems

I rocked with trez all year but when he made that rodman self comparison I knew it was a wrap
EiAcVM4XYAcYmKd

:lol:

Spurs and Raptors both had top tier PGs and a system in place. Kawhi was replacing Derozen’s role in the offense.. improving on Derozen’s deficiencies

The Clippers offense was built around Chris Paul’s pg skills.. prior to Paul, there was Baron Davis.. In the end they got exposed for not having a skilled PG anymore. Who’s on the market in there price range is the same list of characters they missed out on this season

Question is do you attempt to do a PG3 for Westbrook plus trade.. Do you see if one of the lotto teams have a disgruntled pass first guard to trade

Clips also probably need to accept that physically Kawhi can't be their primary offensive playmaker and gaurd the best players anymore.

Low key part the Raptors success with Kawhi is we never asked him to do that,

and he was still low key cooked physically by the end of the finals.

Spurs and Raptors both had top tier PGs and a system in place. Kawhi was replacing Derozen’s role in the offense.. improving on Derozen’s deficiencies

The Clippers offense was built around Chris Paul’s pg skills.. prior to Paul, there was Baron Davis.. In the end they got exposed for not having a skilled PG anymore. Who’s on the market in there price range is the same list of characters they missed out on this season

Question is do you attempt to do a PG3 for Westbrook plus trade.. Do you see if one of the lotto teams have a disgruntled pass first guard to trade
Yeah it’ll be interesting to see which pg they’re able to pick up because Beverly probably isn’t the one, pun intended

One day we need to talk about antics and being a dawg isn’t real or at least isn’t based on emotions. Dwight started playing better when he stopped trying to be tough. Look at Russ snarling at babies. Marcus Morris wanted to fight every white dude on the Mavs and all of a sudden became docile the next series. pat Bev is a trickster

Kawhi is a much bigger diva than LeBron, I don't care what anybody says. This dude legit lived in Dago and didn't want anything to do with his team. It might be corny (the matching outfits and stuff) but at least LeBron tries to build camaraderie and kinship with his teammates, Kawhi don't give a F

Dude really lived two and a half hours away from LA and didn't fly with his team and he's wondering why they don't like him 🤣

Ask Kyrie about LeBron....
Melo wasn’t considered the best leader either.
Allen Iverson was a diva.
Jordan was rough wit his teammates.
As was Kobe.

At the end of the day, they’re great in their own right.

Everyone is not a social butterfly. Kawhi lost his father young. To murder. I’m 100000000% certain that he has trust issues with people. I’m sure of it.

the clippers just werent that talented. and when their two stars didnt show up nobody else stepped up in their place

none of their bigs could handle jokic. trez was a straight up defensive liability. lou will is useless if he aint providing buckets. pat beverly was who russ thought he was.

pg did a good job on murray but was pretty erratic offensively

didnt kawhi have horrible 4th quarters in the denver series? probably due to conditioning problems

It's incredible that this Clippers team was ever viewed as the overwhelming favorites. Everyone saw the talent on their roster and Kawhi still had his post championship glow so everyone just assumed things would work out. They never looked dominant in the regular season, never had the best record in their own division yet everyone just assumed that they would figure things out.

It reminds me of the draft, people get enamored with what a prospect could become as opposed to what they actually are. Maybe everyone was propping them up because they were seen as the foil for LeBron and the Lakers and everyone wanted to get behind them but the team wasn't that good and as a Laker fan I was never worried about them. We were telling you guys all year that the Clippers weren't as good as the media was making them out to be

Back
Top Bottom