2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Kawhi putting up a dud in the playoffs does him no help either. If you’re gonna be treated like royalty by the million egos in the locker room you gotta show up. Still that was on the whole team and Doc. They thought they’re gonna sleepwalk to the WCF.

Either way, that Clippers team needs veterans If they don’t want to choke like this and actually win a title. Players that are vocal and played in meaningful games in the past. Players that have respect. Don’t necessarily have to dress up either or play. Could have like a Haslem or Sheed role. Or players like Rondo, Taj Gibson, etc. Legitimate vocal leaders to get the roster in line.

Kawhi is a much bigger diva than LeBron, I don't care what anybody says. This dude legit lived in Dago and didn't want anything to do with his team. It might be corny (the matching outfits and stuff) but at least LeBron tries to build camaraderie and kinship with his teammates, Kawhi don't give a F

Dude really lived two and a half hours away from LA and didn't fly with his team and he's wondering why they don't like him 🤣

Kawhi is borderline on the spectrum. though You really expected him to be doing the "trust fall" with his teammates and Clipper picnics and poker nights?

I think they knew what they signed up for.

Kawhi is borderline on the spectrum. though You really expected him to be doing the "trust fall" with his teammates and Clipper picnics and poker nights?

I think they knew what they signed up for.
Kawhi Emotions GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

LeBron uses his credentials, family/friends, leverage and intelligence to infiltrate the NBAs business model, pull strings and makes the league bow down to him.... “Oh, LeBron’s a genius. Game changer. Challenging corporations.

Kawhi does it? “He’s a diva!” “He doesn’t want to be friends!!” “He made the Clippers, he made Toronto, he made them do this and that”.

Again, bottom line is they both show up to play. We all know certainty people ge preferential treatment. It happens in all industries:lol: :lol:

I'm sure Kawhi load managing led to some issues but the main reason the Clippers lost was simply basketball reasons. That team is built on pure Iso scoring with no elite playmakers, Add that to no dominant big & it's a bad recipe for a contending team.

They 1000% need to get a real PG in there to make things easier for Kawhi & pg. but the trio of Lou, Trez, Marcus demands too much money & lacks in versatility.

This is all on Doc. Nothing wrong with the best player on the team let alone in the league getting preferential treatment but you have to know how to hold everyone in the locker room accountable. Not a big deal honestly because the Denver loss humbled them enough to all get on the same page. I like Chauncey as assistant more than Ty Lue as HC. Make them boys go to applebees together or somethin
forgot to say congrats on your boy lebron winning another title. 3 titles with 3 different teams is quite the accomplishment!

Kawhi breaking down like steroid era baseball player

i dont get it shoeking said kawhi injury was permanent and nothing could be done about it. he would never be 100 percent but when the bubble started doc rivers said kawhi was now 100 percent and he played every game.

is he or isnt he healthy?

isnt this why the spurs and kawhi had a falling out?

i dont get it shoeking said kawhi injury was permanent and nothing could be done about it. he would never be 100 percent but when the bubble started doc rivers said kawhi was now 100 percent and he played every game.

All the weirdness started here iirc

It's probably just tendinitis or a degenerative thing like tendinosis or something similar where you could be feeling 100% for weeks or months and then the overuse can lead to flare ups where you feel like sh*t.

From what I read his injury is permanent. I gathered that he forced his way out of San Antonio by painting a picture of the franchise trying to force him to play and misdiagnosing him. In reality San Antonio diagnosed him correctly and said he would have to play through the discomfort and load manage. The same exact load management plan he did in Toronto and is doing in LAC now the Spurs had already ok’d it. The Spurs came up with resting players so why would it have been a problem all of a sudden for kawhi? His uncle Dennis didn’t want him in San Antonio anymore basically.

Can Clippers afford CP? A deal surrounding Harrell and Shamet should be more than enough.

I don’t think they can, unless Ballmer doesn’t mind paying a **** ton in luxury tax. And even then, they’d be limited to signing vet minimum guys to fill out the roster.

Also, InB4 - “just what the Clippers need; another choker.”

Last edited:
I don’t think they can, unless Ballmer doesn’t mind paying a **** ton in luxury tax. And even then, they’d be limited to signing vet minimum guys to fill out the roster.

Balmer is one of the richest people in the world, money isn't a thing to him as long as his team is winning. I think Balmer is on his Roman Abramivoch, Chelsea, "I don't care what it costs" stuff. Honestly, as NBA fans were lucky that the league has a salary cap or else who knows how much money Steve would be willing to spend on the roster.

Balmer just needs to go the LeBron route and make a Microsoft movie starring all the Clippers players and potential free agents. Find them all to veteran minimum contracts and pay them $30m per year to be in the movie

Spurs and Raptors both had top tier PGs and a system in place. Kawhi was replacing Derozen’s role in the offense.. improving on Derozen’s deficiencies

The Clippers offense was built around Chris Paul’s pg skills.. prior to Paul, there was Baron Davis.. In the end they got exposed for not having a skilled PG anymore. Who’s on the market in there price range is the same list of characters they missed out on this season

Question is do you attempt to do a PG3 for Westbrook plus trade.. Do you see if one of the lotto teams have a disgruntled pass first guard to trade
I was just thinking about this the other day, how, ironically, what the Clips could've used most in this postseason was Chris Paul

Back
Top Bottom