2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

And i'm not going to lie, the retort of MJ losing earlier in the playoffs when being compared to Lebron losing in the finals has always been BS to me.

The finals losses are looked at so closely because 98% of the time when a player makes it to the finals they are surrounded by grade A talent, coaching, FO etc etc. We're getting to see the elite players in ideal situations, When MJ got his elite situation it was literal perfection, Lebron not so much.

I think Kareem and Mike pretty much have the standards (especially in the modern era) of being the “GOAT”.

Wilt stays getting disrespected imagine any player averaging 50-25 one season and 35+-20 multiple times and not ever being mentioned as a GOAT :lol:

Or even worse, having people pretend Bill Russell was better.

Wilt stays getting disrespected imagine any player averaging 50-25 one season and 35+-20 multiple times and not ever being mentioned as a GOAT :lol:

Or even worse, having people pretend Bill Russell was better.

That’s why I said “modern era”. But on that note, Wilt is comparable to LeBron in my eyes. Bron is the modern day Wilt to me.

Yeah I heard that and made the "idk" face. Putting your faith in Playoff Paul George seems faulty. I mean sure he could have a top 5 MVP caliber regular season but who tf cares until the Playoffs

No one cares about what he does in the regular season :lol:

Yeah I heard that and made the "idk" face. Putting your faith in Playoff Paul George seems faulty. I mean sure he could have a top 5 MVP caliber regular season but who tf cares until the Playoffs

This is the harsh reality us Clippers fans must face. We can only hope Lue is able to help unlock a Playoff P who never really existed before. Long shot though.

Clippers going to be a 2nd round exit again next season. Show-Dubs conference finals. They stars both leave and back to the projects in that billion dollar play pen Balmer swindled in Inglewood.

Clippers going to be a 2nd round exit again next season. Show-Dubs conference finals. They stars both leave and back to the projects in that billion dollar play pen Balmer swindled in Inglewood.

Why are you so confident in the Warriors? They don’t have much behind Steph, Klay - who is coming of an injury - and Draymond - who was looking washed a lot of last season.

Not saying you’re wrong about the Clippers, but I’m not sure about putting in the Warriors in the WCF.

Myers:

Do Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Draymond Green provide input on the Warriors’ decision?
“Klay doesn’t care. He’ll show up by training camp and be like: ‘Is that the guy right there? That the guy we drafted there?’… Draymond cares. Draymond loves it, he’s a junky. And Steph is different. He’s almost like ‘I trust you to do what you do if you think it’s right.’ If I call Steph and ask him, he’ll give an opinion… But Draymond is the uninvited commentary. He’ll do it no matter what you say or what you think. So it’s a good blend.”

On the evolution of game and how it applies to what he looks for in prospects:
“A big man almost can’t stand around the rim anymore, that’s hard to do. If we get a big man that can protect the rim and guard on the perimeter and switch, that’s obviously highly valuable. There’s not too many guys that can do that. Perimeter defense has never mattered more because so much of the offense is coming from the perimeter instead of passing it to the post… I’d say that the biggest thing that has changed isn’t 'small ball' and things like that, it’s your ability to have size and skill… Positional size, athleticism, skill, all of it is what you hope for.”

It'll always be funny that somehow the NBA universe has created this narrative that the 11th richest person alive is some sort of failure. Like it just doesn't sound right.

When you consider that he’s only owned the team for six years, he’s done really well. But our current sports culture looks at everything other than a championship as failure, so there you go.

And MVP MVP is just a hater.

The West from top to bottom will be even more competitive next season but in terms of who can challenge LAL I don't think anyone really has that great of odds outside of LAC. Especially if The Bubble goes away for the Playoffs

Especially if LAL can flip Kuzma or whomever for pieces, keep KCP and also sign some veterans

I don't think Utah, Dallas and Denver will be quite ripe yet
Utah gonna foolishly leave Gobert on an island with AD too often. Mitchell also has another step to take

Dallas can score with anyone but they’re probably still going to have an issue allowing too many easy buckets.

Jokic doesn’t like to shoot.

You don’t know how well the top 2 guys on the Clippers will play, let alone 3-8

Warriors have an issue with depth, that core can get them to playoffs but they’re really going to miss what Iguodala was giving them in 2015.

Utah gonna foolishly leave Gobert on an island with AD too often. Mitchell also has another step to take

Dallas can score with anyone but they’re probably still going to have an issue allowing too many easy buckets.

Warriors have an issue with depth, that core can get them to playoffs but they’re really going to miss what Iguodala was giving them in 2015.
Add imo

Utah: Perimeter defense and finding other scoring outside of Mitchell/Bogs if Clarkson leaves (hell even if he stays lol).. Conley?
Dallas: KP's health
Denver: Still don't trust that defense and what are they gonna do with Grant/Milsap.. Hopefully Gary Harris and Barton are not breaking down physically

Add imo

Utah: Perimeter defense and finding other scoring outside of Mitchell/Bogs if Clarkson leaves (hell even if he stays lol).. Conley?
Denver: Still don't trust that defense and what are they gonna do with Grant/Milsap.. Hopefully Gary Harris and Barton are not breaking down physically
So the Lakers are overwhelming favorites heading into 2021? I'll allow it.

Add imo

Utah: sounds like they just need Bojan back and Tobias Harris

Add imo

Denver also could lose Grant, which would be big IMO.

1602955972773.png

Back
Top Bottom